1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Who stole gr. Ch. Art?

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Dr. Lector, Jan 11, 2012.

1. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I'm not sure but Adams I believe tried to go into Bakers Boomer with Art at a big show in the South but Baker pulled out for some reason. Is that right Mike or does anybody else remember? what about Boomer's matches?Who did he beat and how long did they go?

2. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

boomerangs longest was 55 minutes against teal.

3. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Does anyone know if this is true or not,

When Art got stolen, he went by the name of Reds and had few OTC matches.
    Adams had Zebo and Art on the same yard one time, he put them together for a short roll.

4. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Are you serious? David did not! Zebo was 42, Art was 48!
    No he wasn't. He never was out there under that name.
    David would have killed them. Another dog tale.
    Yes, I was told the same thing redrumdog.

david63 likes this.
  5. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

I think ART was done from 41-46 lbs, ZEBO ..from 41 -44lbs

6. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Art was 48 into Polar Bear. Zebo was always 42 until he went into Ch. Greaser to cover Hudson Tex and Zebo came in at 44.
    David was to advance to bring dogs in from a varence or 3 to 5 lbs difference.

david63 likes this.
  7. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Thanks for clearing that up Mike, if you have the time please read this thread The Zebo Story.

The Zebo Story...

8. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

that's the truth.

9. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Zebo was a small 42 lb also.Maybe he went at 44 and Art might have in his first match because Art was almost starved to death, and dehydrated in first match. I was told that, but after that Art was matched from 46-48.Zebo was a natural 40 maybe 41. I thought Art and Boomerang would have been a good one.The only match I have ever heard of Boomers is against Fang when Boomer was older.But Baker decided against going into Art and that was it from what I was told.Baker had his reasons I guess.I don't believe that should be held against Boomer though.

10. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I'm sorry I said Art I met Boomer vs.Zebo on above statement.

11. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

I always thought it was Ch Milou that Andre was going to use on Zebo, and i think he was like 39-40lb dog.. Never heard about them wanting him with Gunner..

12. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Andre was going to use CH Milou on Gr Ch Zebo but too bad Ch Milou died during his keep, would of been a crazy match, you know Andre was a tough dogman to beat. I don't think Gunner would of had a chance with Zebo.

13. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Yes Andre was one helluva dogmen and knew when he had a good one.. He must of seen something.. People forget what he did against Sue Boy and pushed a lot of weight against a killer.

14. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

Andre "Hey Ronnie, I got you now."

15. trampus

trampus Banned

art was the dog..the best

16. Iron Mike

Iron Mike CH Dog

Ch. Milou would never had a chance with Zebo or Art. Milou was a game Corvino dog but never had the power of these dogs. Nor did he produce it.
    Milou produced for Dennis 2 sons who were double crossed off Milou, both proved DG, but they still lost as would have Milou.
    Your beat should never be your dog is DG as I think Milou would have been but he still would have lost.
    Elcross' Exit was a very good game dog too but not in the league these dogs were in as Pit Dogs.

david63 likes this.
  17. This is true from my understanding. Although "reds" wasn't his full name (CR). Do you happen to know what part of the country CR ended up? That might corroborate the "tale".

18. Dusty Road

Dusty Road CH Dog

ART was matched from 41-46 View attachment 28533

19. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

Art, Zebo and Boomerang were all great in their own, the reason I lean towards boomerang winning is because Davis had an outstanding record! He didn't just condition dogs, he sculpted them into what they could be. He could have beat several dogmen with a lab the way he worked and maintained his dogs.

david63 likes this.
  20. JayW

JayW Big Dog

That's a good old dude right there. :) He's been around these bulldogs so long he kind of favors them I believe.lol