1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Why do people insist on taking the breed types to dog parks?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by davidfitness83, Jul 30, 2014.

1. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I was greener that I am at some point and thought it was a good idea to play Cesar Milan I will admit. But for god's sake someone with a functional brain will eventually realize that dog parks are law suits waiting to happen. Why in God's name do people try to make these dogs or types of dogs into social butterflies?

2. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Because they're idiots.

3. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

because it's not the breed, it's how you raise them :dogkiss:

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

These people have never had to break up a fight and just don't understand how ugly it can get.

5. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I am assuming that's the reason why, but even there are people that think dog agression is a fault in this breed or breed type. And they want to play Dog Whisperer and they keep trying to try to get it out of the dog.

6. keystone

keystone CH Dog

why people talk about bullies x..xx...xxx.....xl.....XXL....xxxl....xll....xxll...xxxll. lol
    how you know that they go to the park ..are you yourself also there ?
    stay away from the parks and adba days ..keep distance .
    put a ban on the breed ..so they have live underground ...
    if they live underground good for selection ...so good for the breed .
    + nobody have to worry about the image of the breed
    a image is bad for the breed.

7. keystone

keystone CH Dog

hel of a old dogman vs conformation people lol
    yemil also stated that gary is traveling around the world ...to spread the news/teaching lol on adba clubdays ...

8. olddog

olddog Big Dog

I think it is because most people think they can train it out of the dog (dog aggression),and most have never been around a "real" game bred pit bull for any length of time to see the breed as it actually was bred to be - not a retriever, not an off leash "obedience" dog and never a "walkie-talkie walk through the park dog !!!

Olddog!

9. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I see stuff on facebook pages all day about people taking their dogs. Asking how to correct their dogs from wanting to eat other dogs. Mastiff soccer moms are terrible too, a lady with a Douge of Bordeaux was very upset her dog "snapped" at another dog in the park at night lol

10. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

I believe it's mostly the people that get a dog based on looks and later realize or may not that they have gotten something more than they can handle. You should get a pet that is compliments your lifestyle.

11. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

I don't think dog parks are good for ANY breed. There are too many un-educated people that think their dog needs "play time at the park". You can have the most well behaved dog (any breed) but the ignorant owner far out-weighs the smart owner and for me, i'm not gonna take the risk with my dog.

12. Beatrix Kiddo

Beatrix Kiddo Top Dog

lazy ass people that consider going to the dog park "exercising" their dog while they sit at a bench and eat McDonalds unknowingly instigating a fight at any moment.

13. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Too many damned fools who don't understand the essence of this breed, and think they can play God with them, own them despite the huge, impending dangers, anyway. The number of these booger eaters keeps increasing because of a variety of reasons and indiscretions.

As Treez said, they are idiots, and as Bama said, they have no clue as to the aftermath of their blatant stupidity. It's just a reflection of where our society is going. I know all of us would like to see our dogs have NO involvement in this decay. Unfortunately these dolts involve them, even to the point of being the focus of the melee they create.

What exactly to do about it? I don't really know. Perhaps, over time, establish an ethic whereby it is sort of a prevailing, unwritten code by which we decide letting go of any of our dogs. It will never be perfect or completely adhered to, yet being an individual thing, we might set example for others and individually help the problem dissipate a little over time. It's better than nothing.

14. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Good post TDK and a great point also. It'll never be perfect but we all can try to set the best example and hopefully most will realize it's the better thing for not only the dogs but the people there as well. I'd also like to see the break stick get looked at by "the public" as a good thing to have, for owners of all breeds. Know matter what breeds get into a fight, as we know, a break stick is the best way to separate the animals. Off topic a little but I felt it tied in a little lol.

15. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I used a my fingers as a breakstick and boy was that a stupid idea but luckily my dog was beyond loyal and released the grip. I see a ton of youtube videos with dog attacks and the owners are practically clueless on how to stop their dogs from gripping the other dog. Check this video out, now the mastiff soccer moms scare me even more than the pit soccer moms. They get these big powerful dogs and have no clue what they have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3bbZ2zX8E8

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

What a bunch of stupid fucking assholes. Smdh.
    A simple stick would have ended that fast and quick like. People never cease to amaze me these days. :rolleyes:

17. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Oh yeah, dont use your fingers, it's a good way to loose them. A straight up bulldog is not going to release that way and you will more than likely end up getting bit. Staying calm and collected while looking for something to improvise as a breakstick will do a lot more than fingers, 2x4's, dumping water on them or whipping them with the end of a leash will ever do. Keeping ones dogs out of this kind of situation to begin with is prefered....

18. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

lol trust me looking back I knew it was a very stupid idea. That would never happen again because I will never put my dogs in that situation again.

Yes, that video just makes me so upset. I ran into a lady at Petsmart that had a Dogo and as soon as she took it out of the SUV the dog was growling at me. These people think that behaviors like this makes them great guard dogs. she was a 110 pound girl walking a 120 pound Dogo and has no clue what she got her self into. I fostered a Presa Canario that was almost two years old and that dog was the definition of a confident Mastiff dog. that thing didn't care about strangers but never showed agression or tried to act tough with other dogs from far away. NOw the new thing is crossing mastiffs to other breeds to make designer dogs. I know that's just not going to end well :(

19. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I think people that get these dogs don't know the side of their breed traits and when it activates they are fearful of their dog. I could never own a dog I am afraid of period. There are several breeds I stay away from because I don't feel comfortable with them.

20. keystone

keystone CH Dog

now dave (others)
    we have 2 corridors
    in one of the corridors is a man sharp pitbul terrier 40 pounds
    in the other a man sharp rotweiller 60 pounds +
    both don't think a second and goijg for it

but you have to go trough one of them corrodors
    wich corridor you choose ?