1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Why Not Ohio??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DBOY, Mar 20, 2009.

1. DBOY

DBOY Pup

I contacted a kennel who i found on the web who had some very well bred gr ch mayday pups for sale i am a big fan of the line by the way. The conversation went very well he said he wasnt just breeding bulldogs for the sake of breeding them and he threw some familiar names out there and i knew he was a serious bulldog man,we were making arangements to seal the deal until i told him i was located in ohio and he procceeded to tell me he will not and never will sell a dog or pup to anyone in ohio. I know ohio has its (pitbull)problems and irresponsible bulldog owners as a lot of states, but is it any worse?

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

there are certain areas where they are outright banned in OH. not only that- but i would be hard pressed to sell a dog to someone ~local~ just on principal

3. DBOY

DBOY Pup

Thanks for your reply!! I went through an old gazette and frank rocca also refused to sell dogs in ohio and he lives in this state. I guess i better keep looking. lol

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

hey Dboy dont be in a rush do it the right way. go out and meet some dogmen get to know them. it might take you some time but it will pay off in the end.thay might even give you a dog for free you might have to scoop up some doo doo but you will learn.

5. mastiffsj

mastiffsj Big Dog

There are several cities in Ohio that have banned pit bulls or have some sort of breed legislation, and they tried last year to pass a bill to outright ban the APBT...no grandfathering clause or anything.

6. DBOY

DBOY Pup

thank you Ben for your reply. I am perfectly willing to do whatever it takes . I believe in the preservation of the breed in its true form and temperment. Im in it for the long haul. Its hard to get people to trust you and for good reason. Do you have poop that needs scooped?

7. DBOY

DBOY Pup

IT is very tough to be a bulldog owner in ohio. theirs not any very strict bans in my area,but i will be more envolved from now on.

8. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Is the kennel you contacted in Ohio?If he is maybe he don't want any local competition.I really have no idea what the Ohio problem would be.

9. DBOY

DBOY Pup

You might be right!! The kennel is in ohio.

10. jumper3202

jumper3202 Big Dog

i live in ohio and it is strict in ohio but if your a responsible owner with insurance then you don't have a thing to worry about.....Its not that strict where u cant sell someone a pitbull in ohio just make sure there fit to own a pit...I have a whole yard full of them i have $100,000 worth insurance on everyone of them....

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

iowa sux too, and i have $0 worth of insurance on mine...move to the country. whos gonna tell ya what to do then???:D

12. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Forget OHIO...PA got some good dogs also!

YIS

13. DBOY

DBOY Pup

That makes two responsible owners in the buckeye state. Keep up the good work!!

14. DBOY

DBOY Pup

"Good dogs are where you find them. "

15. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

Thats cool dBOY when you are in florida let me know I might have some poop for you to scoop.I just stuck sume good dogs so there will be plenty of doo doo and I might let one.

16. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Moving to the country would be the best thing you could do,I don't intend to ever move to town.To many regulations for my taste.I heard Iowa was bad,do they have statewide or just city bans up there?

17. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

several have city wide bans in my area. i took one of my pups to the vet thursday, and it so happens that my vet is located in a town with a ban in FULL effect. well some nosey old fart approached my jeep to inform me that they arent allowed in HIS town. i had a few choice words in return, and we were done.:Dthe vet is the best one ive done business with ever and he loves my dogs, so i aint gonna stop going there. BTW according to the vet the ban is due to a few dogs runnin loose, imagine that.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
  18. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I want to get out of the city into the country. Grew up in a small town, I love the city but I want to live in the country.