1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Will this work

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by CB, Aug 12, 2005.

1. CB

CB CH Dog

2. B

B CH Dog

I don't trust those skinny things. You just smack the axle into the ground with a 9lb sledge hammer until 4-6" is above the surface. You then have a bulletproof dog tie out that won't ever be pulled out. 2" piping can be used as an alternative but you need to make sure you have real nice cotter pins so the ring can't slide off the piping. Do the same method and pound a 3 foot chunk of piping into the ground until a few inches stick above.

Regards,

B

3. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

The Tie Out Stakes Aren't Much Different Than An Axle You Still Have To Hammer Them Into The Ground You Might Be Able To Get Axles Cheaper Than That At A Junkyard Jmo

4. CB

CB CH Dog

yeah i went to the junk yard a few week's back and he said he will sell me a axle for 2$ and then i went to look at it and i thought it would be a pain to put that thing in the ground.

5. RIVES PITS

RIVES PITS Top Dog

I Use Axles Those Bastards Are About 3 1/2 To 4 Foot Long If He Pulls That Up Whew... I Don't Know What To Tell You Either Way You Have To Hammer Them Into Ground Cheaper Is Better

6. CB

CB CH Dog

Yeah i might just do that better then paying 25$ for a skinny pole.

7. RHI

RHI Big Dog

I agree, I like the axles, plus like the weight & length and would think better when it rains / weather, between length and weight, less chance of getting pulled out of the ground......well worth the trouble..... however, have'nt ever tried the other ones......

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

All you need right here........Yard tips

Make sure you pound the studs out before putting it in and dont use bullsnaps or anything with moving parts. All my securing hardware is either welded shut or has loc-tite on the threads and is checked daily. Pounding an axle in is really no problem, and you can set up the chain and have the axle driven in and dog on the chain in 5 minutes.

Edit-sorry the link doesnt take you to the page, just click yard tips and then go down to yard anchor.

9. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I just dig a 3-4ft deep whole and take my chain and pad lock it to a cinder block and then drop it in and cover it up. I use a swivel in the middle of the chain and I have never had problems.

10. Rockstar

Rockstar CH Dog

...interesting.

11. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I have used that set up for years and it works great and is cheap, cinder blocks are free for the most part.