1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Would You Shop Here??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by whiteyransom, Mar 9, 2006.

1. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

HERE'S THE QUESTION. IF YOU KNEW OF A PLACE AROUND YOUR HOME THAT WAS SUPPOSEDLY FOR APBT'S (AND BULLY BREEDS) ALONE, WOULD YOU GO THERE TO SHOP INSTEAD OF THE REGULAR SUPERPETS, PETCO, PET SUPERMARKET, ETC?? ASSUMING THE PRICES WERE BASICALLY THE SAME AS THE OTHER, BIGGER STORES. MAYBE SLIGHTLY HIGHER.
    I'M THINKING OF DOING SOMETHING LIKE THIS AROUND HERE. BUT I'M NOT WANTING TO JUMP IN, THEN WORRY LATER. IF DONE, WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT OR WANT TO SEE IN A PLACE LIKE THIS? I'M WANTING TO HAVE THINGS FOR ONE DOG OR A YARD. WORKIN DOG SUPPLIES. AND THE BASICS. JUST LOOKIN FOR SOME FEEDBACK.
    REGARDS,
    WHITEY

2. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

Why just stop at bully breeds and not expand it to the entire working dog category?

3. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

This Could Be Done By The Internet,,,buying Anyway. I Don't Know Enough About All Working Dogs To Be Able To Do This Comfortably. I'd Want To Be Knowledgeably About What I Sell. Ya Know? But As I Mentioned, I Could Easily Have A Reference Sheet For Other Materials Handy To Order From The Internet.

4. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

Do survey and ask how many people in your area would even be interested in your supplies. Why just stop at bully breeds and not expand it to the entire working dog category? To just have a bully breed store would be selling yourself short business wise. If you want profit which I'm sure you do then expand it. Your intentions are cool, but don't target just bully breeds. Do a survey and ask how many people in your area would even be interested in your supplies.

5. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

True. I'm Still Brainstorming The Idea. Talking To People Iknow Around Here About It And Things. But The Working Dog Idea Is Good,,appreciate It. Surveywise,,,,,,i'm Not Even Sure How To Start The Questioning. Besides Flyers,ads, Word-of-mouth Etc

6. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

All those marketing ideas are a great way to start. See I'm thinking of opening a online retail business. I know there are plenty already so I plan on using every marketing tool available. As far as surveys. Look at yourself as a customer in the business you plan to start and the questions you ask yourself, write them down, type them, make copies and pass them out or even call people randomly, you know like cold calling.

7. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

I Thought About Hittin The Parks And Stuff To Get Input. I Just Really Wish I Could Reach The Real Doggers That Have A Yard. But That, Of Course, Is Next To Impossible. Since Most Of These Typrs Aren't The Type To Broadcat The News That They Own 10-20 Apbt's.

8. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I haven't tried to contact any "doggers", but if you say that they are hard to get in touch with about something that may benefit what they represent then they shouldn't own what they're ashamed of. Having a business is all about money motivation regardless of what people tell you. Find someone who owns a successful business and you will see that money is a motivation especially when you determine how much you make.

9. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

my point is along those lines,,although slightly mistook i think. money and profit are my concern,,,period. being able to deal with apbt's and do so is that much more of a plus. i'm not looking for anybody that's "ashamed" of anything. some people own a yard of dogs, and usually don't advertise this. and these people ususlly have dealt with the same old--let's say-feed supplier-for years. i would want to get their attention,,and their money to come my way.

10. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

In that case I would say before starting your business, pitch your product and build your reputation to consumers. Email and call(if you can) breeders of certain dogs that you would advertise to and for. They don't want to advertise for whatever reason then that's where you come in and suggest that you are representing something similar to what they are working with and you want to better breed, even ask them questions on what they would prefer you did if they were in your shoes. Me I'm a guy whose has his eyes set towards a different type of business so I could only give you marketing ideas. Try going to private support for tips,hints and help with business suggestions to and from breeders.

11. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

All Good Inpt. Appreciate It Doggystyle.

12. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

No problem! Good Luck and don't forget market yourself before your business.

13. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

Yeah, For Sure. I Was Thinking About Starting Out At Home, And Working With Some Supplies Here And Have The Others Readilly Avaiable Online In Order To Get The Name Out.

14. Marinepits

Marinepits Big Dog

If a shop like that popped up in my neighborhood (or the internet), I'd shop there in a heartbeat!

Put me on your mailing list.....;)

15. thedude04

thedude04 Top Dog

same here i like doggystyle idea to of it being for all working dogs but manly for abpt's becasue thats what u know best but if u do get it started please put me on your mailing list too

16. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

Appreciate The Input From Both, And Consider It Done If And When It Happens.

17. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

To be quite honest with you, I dont see the money in it that you are probably expecting. Unless you are making your own products, than there will be hardly any profit unless you jack the prices way up. In which case, most people wont consider going there. I think possibly a better route to go would be to advertise higher-quality kibble and open a small store selling premium dog foods in your area.

18. whiteyransom

whiteyransom Top Dog

That Was One Of My Main Focus Points. Canidae Only Has Three Sellers Here. And Two Sell From Their Home And Only Sell It To Help Pay For Their Own Food For Their Dogs. I Wasn't Really Expecting Huge Profits. Although Profit Is Profit. I Was Hoping To Buy Bulk In Order To Sell At A Larger Chains Price And Still Make$ Good Point Though. And I'm Researching Prices Now.

19. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Well, space alone is going to be ALOT up front. Rent, your initial purchases, sponsorship and getting your name out is going to be more $$ than I think you understand. That is unless of course you plan on running it out of your house or something, in which case you still need to bulk up on all the quality products with no gurantees you will ever be able to sell them. Ya know?

20. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

The way I see profit is I as long as I get more than I invested than all those pennys will add up( if you're good at managing money). In the words of a great rapper.......

"I took a little bit then doubled it, then double that, then doubled that and I'ma keep doubling what I got"

-Tupac