1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Wound Treatment

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Icarus, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Icarus

Icarus O.APBT'S

I just came across this and thought I would share it with everyone. I haven't tried it myself yet but if someone does I'd like some feedback.

* Get ya a small jar (clean and sterile)
    * Nitrofurazone (Fura-Zone) paste from any feed store
    * DMSO liquid

spoon a fair amount of Fura-Zone into the jar. Using a wooden tongue depressor stir in a small amount of the DMSO liquid. You want only enough to make the Fura-Zone thin. The ideal consistency is that of heavy oil base paint.

When using this, as with any wound care, ensure the area is clean and free of infection. DO NOT USE ON OPEN WOUNDS. Wait till the wound has begun its healing process. The scab is in a good dry state (not wet and mushy).

* Application- using a small clean paint brush, paint the area with a liberal amount of ointment. AGAIN ENSURE THE AREA IS CLEAN PRIOR TO APPLICATION. If required let dry and cover wound to prevent dog from licking.

This, when used properly will not only aid in faster healing but will help the hair to return faster and with its original color.
    :cool: