1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

yall'd be proud

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pittfallin, Feb 14, 2007.

1. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i dont live in the best neiborhood so i see alot of the ghetto dogs around here...theres been a buddy of mine that i met about a year ago that had some of them big mutts that i hate so much. ive been explaing to him for the past year what these dogs are supposed to look like and just recently....after showing him dogs like mine, MARTYS, and REDCOCAINES dogs
    (when he saw them he said "theres just somthing about those dogs that just looks perfect")....he kinda chainged his thought about what they are supposed to look like.....he had two huge 100lb mutts, he culled one out by putting it down and his kids loved the other one to much to let it go. the other one has a great temperment and you can see colby blood in there somewhere...
    anyhow, he went out and got himself a real nice game bred black dog with a white mask, nothing short of beautifull...havent seen the pedigree on it yet so i cant tell you what blood it came from. ill get some pics and post them sometime. hes now a firm believer of what dogs should look and act like and also says that he wants to not breed to anything thats not a worthy breed.

not only that but he knocked on my door with another guy the other day that had a dog that was about 40lbs. the first thing he said was "tell this guy what these dogs are supposed to look like"...so i explain everything that i think i know...and show him more pics of good dogs. he left proud of what he had and said that he was gonna breed his bitch to a huge male with a "wide" chest but he doesent want to now. he said he was pissed that his dog was so little untill he saw what real dogs were supposed to look like.

i showed him a coulple of posts on this sight and everything, i was determined to show this guy the light....anyway, i was proud of what i did. i dont know if i helped any but atleast i spread some knowledge and kept these guys from breeding mutts

2. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Sounds like ya did a good deed. You should feel good about it. Now you should get them on this site so they can learn even more.

3. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Yeah, good for you. Good advice from pitbull 219 also...

4. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i showed them the site and they said they really liked it. neither one of them owns computers , but i told them if they had any questions they could come over here and use mine or go to the library and use the internet there

5. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i felt unbelievibly good about it,.....just when i get fed up with trying to explaing to people and defend the size of my dog for being to "small" to be full blood somting like this happens and it makes all the bad stuff i go through worth it

6. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

He put his dog down just because it was a mutt? im sure ill get crap for saying this ,but thats bull-shit.

pennsooner likes this.
  7. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Yea, that's a little rough. He put his dog down because he changed his feelings?

8. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Why? Would you rather him let the dog run loose? Have the pound pick it up? Live on a chain with no interaction? Cause once he saw that the dog was a mutt and did not want it, one of them could have happened, if not worse!

9. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

He could've found an appropriate owner, assuming it was fixed. It's not the dog's fault he chose him. So now here's a good loyal dog who's owner puts him down for the wrong choice he made.

I'm glad your friends were brought to the light about bulldogs but that little part was odd.

10. Attila

Attila Guest

here have a bag of crap. lol to some it is bull shit to others it is a given and the best for us all. Perspectives.

11. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

I was thinkin the same thing. That is f*ed up. He should have sucked it up and kept the dog or neutered it and placed it in a home that wanted it. What you did encourageing someone to kill thier dog just because it's a "mutt" was wrong.

The Watcher likes this.
  12. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

He improved society by laying down the 100lb monster! If a cur show quallity dog is culled, what the heck do you think an out of standard mutt needs to have happen? Oh, pass it on to another person, let them stroll around town shoing off the monster, so others will think that is the way to go, and improve BYB's business? I think it is good pr. The man had a 100lb blue mutt, all his buddies knew it, thought the dog was cool, and then they say, "Where's dungleberry", and he says,"I found out that a dog like that is nothing but trash, a real bulldog is...",

But I tell you what. Since you feel so strongly about this, I'll let you begin to take my trash. Every dog/bitch that doesnt turn out for me, I'll let you come and pay for the animal to be s/n and then you take it home. Deal?

And dont even think about bringing religion into this conversation, I got my eye on you!!

13. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

I understand what you mean atilla im not against culling inferior dogs but what im sayin is if have had this dog as a pet and are happy with it why wpuld you go and put it down just because someone tells you its not good enough?allthough my Joe is a registered A.P.B.T I know he doesnt come from great blood and probably wouldnt fight to save his own life I have had him for three years and happen to think he is the best dog in the world.Anyone else might not think so because he is not game,not a hunter and doesnt pull but i would never put down my dog that love just to get something that is cosidered "better" by someone elses standards.Besides that if this guy really doesnt know what game dogs are supposed to look/act like is it really a good idea to go a game-bred dog just to keep up with the neighbor?

Riptora likes this.
  14. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Normally I would agree with you, but it's different if you've raised a dog than one day decide to switch breeds so you kill your current one. If your breeding/raising dogs for a purpose and a dog has disqualifying traits, then ya you should cull it, but not because you changed your preferences.

That's like owning two Rottweilers, then someone convinces you to own American Bulldogs... so then you go outside and be like 'Eh, I like AB's now Rover..' and put one in his head.

15. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Aparantly he did not feel the same way about his dog, or it would still be polluting the air.

16. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

That was something else I found odd.

So now this pet killing guy was persuaded that game bred dogs rOOL aLL dude, so he goes out and gets his first one immedietely? He sounds a little wishy washy to me to be owning anything.

17. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

They are a dime a dozen!!

18. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Yea, but Jesus said... j/k lol.

I'm not against culling what needs to be culled in a breeding program, but this guy doesn't sound like a breeder, just a dog owner.
    Yea, all those big bully dogs put a damper on APBTs, but hey that guy chose that dog beforehand. Like I said it's like owning Rottweilers, then someone persuades you to own American Bulldogs, so you go outside and put one in your dog's head because you like AB's now.
    Wasn't the dog's fault, but it's never a cur's fault, either. But still, he could've found someone that is interested in those big boys anyway who was going to get one regardless and let them have at it. Could've informed them with all his new knowledge of real APBTs to see if they still want the thing. I dunno just irked me. I mean it's gone. But that's like 1 giant blue cur out of thousands.

This doesn't mean he could've handed it over to me PPig lol. He could've found someone that actually is interested in a 90+ lb bully.
    This also doesn't mean I want any gameline curs in my yard either!

19. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

I understand your argument and it makes perfect sense but the poin is that he didnt cull the dog to better the breed or protect society ,he did it for his own selfish reasons.If there was nothing wrong with the dog other than the fact that it was a mutt than it was wrong because he didnt see anything wrong with that mutt when he got animals are living creatures and when you get a dog you are making a commitment to that dog for its entire life you dont just get rid of it because you want something that someone else tells you is better i mean look at it like this ,I drive a chevy impala I am very happy with my car.If you come to me and say "my car is way faster than yours" and it turns out to be true im not going to go sell my car to get what you have just because it suites yor needs better.

20. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Attila Magyar again. LOL
    <!-- / main error message -->