1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Yet Again Another Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Pam, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Pam

Pam Pup

My dog is in heat for the first time...and I just noticed like two seconds ago while i was playing with her in the yard...her "butt" lol is bleeding and there is like this flap of skin hanging out of it...I have no idea what it the hell it is or how it may have gotten that way...I know alot about dogs but this one im a little stumped on.

2. BDK

BDK oo7

sounds like vaginal hyperplasia which im not to familiar with maybe rumble or knock or bbk can better answer your ? sorry wish i could offer more help any one got any answers crg8 crash anyone?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2004
  3. CRG

CRG Top Dog

could be vaginal hyperplasia. higher level of the hormone estrogen stimulate changes in her reproductive organs. it makes the tissue swell to an extreme degree.in some issues it will look like her uterus is coming out. it will clear as she goes out of heat. can sometime make natural breeding difficult. surgery may be possible if the tisssue dries out.some vets will perscribe a hormone progesterone to take her out of heat. i am not positive if this is it but got this info out of the complete game dog book. hope it helps you out

4. Pam

Pam Pup

Nothing is wrong with her reproductive organs...she is bleeding from her rectum...and seems to have skin coming out of it. Is that the same thing as vaginal hyperplasia?

5. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

If she is bleeding from her rectum, I would def. take her to a vet. The skin coming out, are you sure it's skin? Sounds like a possible case of worms, which can exit that way. But like those before me, I'm also a bit stumped.

6. AC

AC Big Dog

Sounds like the start of a rectal prolapse? I've only seen one case of it in my time as a vet tech and it was not pretty! The dog was about 4-5 months old and was put down at the owner's request. Not sure what causes it other than stress. Could be a number of things though. Never the less it's vet time ASAP!

7. KURUPT

KURUPT Big Dog

Sounds like a pain in the ass 2 me..lol

8. Pam

Pam Pup

If it is rectal prolapse, something can be done right...its curable? I mean it doesnt seem to bother her..she acts just the same...and its not bleeding anymore or hasnt since I noticed it. I mean its not gross or nasty looking its just this oval looking patch of skin...she hasnt had in problem goin to the bathroom and her stools look normal...no diarhia or constipation. I will take her to the vet just in case.

9. AC

AC Big Dog

I'd suggest taking her in for a little cosmetic surgery if it isn't too bad. Maybe you can stop it just in time before things worsen. Let us know what happens either way and good luck.