1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

yogurt

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by kimbel2392, May 30, 2004.

1. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

I have found that when my dog or pup has an up set stomach, loose stool or diarrhea, yogurt works well. I have used it time after time. I contains beneficial live bacteria that coats and flushes thru the bowels

This is not some experiment, it works!

It should also work for those shot happy people who always give their dog antibiotics EVERYTIME their dog gets a scratch or cut, doing so and killing the good bacteria also- antibiotics should be used sparingly-

I know guys who, just cause they got antibiotics, they 'just use 'em' ???? WTF

SAY SOMETHING BACK.........................

2. Now you say "it should" work on cuts or scratches...Have you tried it and did it work?

KnOck likes this.
  3. æSDKæ

æSDKæ Pup

I should try this and see how effective this is ...tnx for the info

4. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

I did not mean it is good for cuts and scratches too. I meant when you give your dog antibiotics, the antibiotics do, kill bacteria- sometimes good and bad bacteria- So I suggest yogurt- a good stomach and bowel soother and coating

But I mainly use it when I got a pup who is showing loose stool and or throwing up-
    But if your dog or pup is not up-to-date on vaccinations you may have bigger problems

...Like parvo, which has the same symptoms in unvaccinated pups

Did I clear it up?

5. Icarus

Icarus O.APBT'S

Also for all you people that like the holistics, you can use mango and cottage cheese for an upset stomach. I have used it many times and it'll stop the upset stomach and clean 'em out real good.:cool:

6. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

Icarus, thanks for the info. See what a thread can do? Thanks, I will try that also

7. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

I'm trying it today on myself! LOL:confused:

8. kimbel2392

kimbel2392 Big Dog

Damn JMAN you got an upset stomach? lol!!!!!!!!

9. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

Yea yogurt is also good for stomach upset and/or appetite loss due to pregnancy.