1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

3 types of pitbull

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by joelkckit, Oct 12, 2011.

1. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

hello to everyone I just wanted to know bout the 3 types of pitbulls... I know guys it confusing what the F**K is 3 types pitbull????;( well currently in R.P. they consider the pitbull or apbt as a 3 types which are 1.gamebred 2.classic show type 3.American Bully... and yes! american bully! they keep saying that they are 3 types and ryt know its f**king confusing me coz I know there is just one APBT or PITBULL which is the gamebred! what do u think about this? tnx and God Bless.:)

2. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

curious to see what comes up on this

3. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

I hope u cud help me on this guys. ;)

4. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

I've of the mind that game bred dogs are "pit bulls", show bred dogs are "am staffs" and American Bullies are badly bred, over done "am staffs".... regardless of what breed is listed on the paper work or what kennel club they come from.

5. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

tnx ZOE. ;) keep it coming so I can share to them ur knowledge.

6. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

by way I don't hate bullies. they look better than the english bulldog. i'm just confuse they keep calling them pitbull. plus when they are selling bullies they tag their bullies as a XXXL pitbull or sometimes APBT Show types. its f**king confusing the public.

7. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

there is only one pit bull and thats the apbt. am staffs are their own breed and there is not "pit" about them. Am Bully is its own breed and def nothing "pit" about them either.

8. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

Dream pits, they are saying that am.bully came from pitbull thats why its also a pitbull? it doesn't make sense to me. dalmatianxpitbull=pitbull? and also does the ukc,a.d.b.a. register the am.bullies as apbt? tnx

9. venom

venom Top Dog

There isnt a way to fix this problem... and it happens in every dog pretty much. Its like explaining to a person that a german pointer, isnt a pointer...because it doesnt point lol. At the end of the day, nobody gives a shxt. That person isnt gonna stop and analyze every bird dog he sees and second guess if the dog is really of breed standard and can do its job lol they are still gonna call the dog a damn pointer. Just like people will still call a dog a pitbull, regardless of what apbt people say. If it fits your description of a pitbull, well its a pitbull to you... and you probably dont give a big enough shit to think other wise definitely not enough to take the time to decipher each dog to determine if its proper or not lol. the "public" just doesnt do things like this. Dogs just arent that important to everybody, to the point where they are studying pedigrees, papers, registrees, or the breed in general. If the dog looks the part, it passes. If it has papers, well then it must be of that specific breed... cuz why would it have papers if it wasnt? Lol. it wont get much deeper than that with regular people.

10. 6sN7s

6sN7s Top Dog

why are you asking if you know it all so well

seems like every post you make is about others who dont know what a pitbull is

11. There's only one true pit bull, and thats the game bred apbt.

12. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

A pit bull is nothing IMHO. Just a common way to refer to some breeds, or a shorted version of American Pit Bull Terrier depending on context of conversation

The American Staffordshire Terrier is a different breed completely. The American Bully is also. there is no comparing the three

There is only one type of American Pit Bull Terrier.

13. jacko

jacko CH Dog

the Apbt carries several "types" within the same(similar)breed...for example you have the bulldog type ,the terrier type, the hound type,the long legged long dog type the sbt type and maybe more buut they are all true Apbt .

14. The American Pit Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier and the Stafforedshire Bull Terrier are all three different strains of the same breed that throught the years of selective breeding have become breeds of their own with their own breed standards. Still and all they are strains of the same breed. The only true strain within today's APBT, that is distinct within itself as a strain with standards are the Old Family Red Nose strain of the APBT. The purist and truest of the OFRN strain in today's APBT comes Norrod's Ironline bred dogs. Now there my be others out there, but I doubt it. There may be look-a-likes but when the blood is trace back to the origins of the OFRN dogs it evident that Norrod's Ironline blood has the highest percentages of the OFRN stain of the APBT today.

As for the so-called Am. Bully being a breed onto itself or even a strain within a breed or even a type I would say that would be false.

15. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

Seems like who ever you are talking to is just trying to justify why they are breeding bullys and calling them pitbulls. The Three Types = American Pitbull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. Bottom line is if the dog is not bred for the pit, then it is not a pitbull. A bully has decendants that are pitbulls but that does not mean they are made for the pit.

16. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

I know that sir. thats what I keep on telling them. but I just want to see ur point of view regarding this problem coz everytime I see a for sale "PITBULL" when I click it it doesn't look a pitbull to me. tnx to all ur responses sir. more power to our beloved breed. the APBT.

17. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

I know what pitbull is and for me to measure it is by its gameness... I just wanted to know more bout the breed and by the way pitbull or apbt is curve or made in ur country U.S.A. thats why I would like to know ur opinion bout this. tnx. GOd bless

18. joelkckit

joelkckit Big Dog

yes sir ur ryt. I just don't get it why they keep calling them pits. infact when I walk my pitbull and people ask me. what breed is urs? pitbull and then tell me" aren't pitbull sopose to have big muscle and huge head?"..... sometime I dont know how to response..

19. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

Just tell them you have a real pitbull and keep it moving.

20. ive been told great minds think alike