1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

4 month old plugged up?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by kalenhcc, Nov 2, 2012.

1. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

I have a four month old female who has been having diarhea the last couple days not eating like she should and started throwing up water last night. I found a small piece of red foam in some of her vomit. If she is plugged up in her intestines what should I do? Obviously we will be going to the vet but I just thought I would get as much insight as I can.

2. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

If there is an intestinal blockage/obstruction from something she ate she has to see a vet as they will probably have to surgically remove the obstruction. This is something that's serious and requires treatment ASAP. I wouldn't wait get your dog to the vet if you think she has an obstruction. This can only go downhill without proper treatment your looking at dehydration which can quickly lead to death. The vet will probably do an endoscopy to locate or determine the type of obstruction. And the dog will def need IV fluids to replenish what's been lost through vomiting and diarrhea. Don't wait go to the VET now!

3. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

Agree!!!!!!!

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

X3

I've had this happen twice, if the dogs obstructed you got about 98% probability it will be dead before you make it to the vets if you wait. Go to the vet, like right now.

5. Foundation

Foundation Big Dog

VET NOW~ Happens alot.. I've pulled out tennis balls, 16 pairs of panies, rubber bands, and garden tools and hoses all out of the belly of a dog during surgery... GO TO THE VET NOW~

6. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Hasn't happen to me yet but I don't leave shit all over the place for them to eat either. When in doubt go to the vet.

7. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

Thanks guys got it taken care of but thanks for the advice shes back to acting and eating normal.