1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

8 dogs forced to fight, cops say

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Marty, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

[size=-1]Indianapolis,IN -- [/size]Hamilton County officials believe eight badly abused dogs taken to the humane society may have been forced to participate in a dog-fighting ring in another county.

The dogs were found during the weekend of Dec. 15 running loose near 225th Street and U.S. 31 near the crossroads of Boxley, said Sheriff's Maj. Mark Bowen. Tom Rogers, an animal control officer for the Sheriff's Department, took the dogs to the Humane Society for Hamilton County at 1721 Pleasant St. He took them two at a time as they were discovered, all within about a mile of one another.

Rebecca Stevens, the humane society's executive director, said all eight pit bulls were malnourished and scarred from fighting, and several had pieces of their ears missing. Dogs are often starved to make them more aggressive, she explained.

Read more and comment here...

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070105/LOCAL0104/701050323/-1/ZONES04

1 person likes this.
  2. OnionHead

OnionHead Big Dog

sum those humane society people have no clue on what they say. "Sum I say not all i am saying but sum "

3. simms

simms CH Dog

The Majority of the Public lacks the facts....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2007
  4. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Since when do dogs wearing the same kind of collar have anything to do with... well anything? At least they're going to try and adopt the dogs out, not just kill them.

5. kanediggity

kanediggity Big Dog

this is the game dog site that everyone here so admires maybe someone should scoop those dogs up and see what they are all about. you might have another game dog you never know. i hardly doubt that 90 percent of people here do anything with there dogs so i had to just see who would maybe make bait of these dogs since everyone here is so game doggish, there is other ways to test your dogs in a legal way for those that dont know sorry if i pissed any one off thats just the way i feel. so bash me if you want,.

14rock likes this.
  6. kanediggity

kanediggity Big Dog

man sometimes i get drunk lol

7. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

I added my comment.....

Actually, the top 2 breeds for biting are the Lab and the Golden. The Cocker and JR are up there as well. It all comes down to numbers. You need statistics that show the ratio of non biters in a breed compared to the biters. If the most popular breed is the Golden, it stands to reason that they will have more incidents as there are more of them to offend. Unfortunately, the APBT has become the top breed to own (and raise badly) due to the media sensationalism. Ignorant people will get an APBT just because of the idea that they are tough dogs. APBT's, being a larger dog, will cause more damage if taught to be human aggressive, than a chihuahua.

To say these dogs they rounded up were fighting dogs is taking a leap of faith. Stray dogs WILL fight, over food, territory, etc. Scaring can be caused by running through the bush, or by humans mistreating their animals. I'm not saying it's not possible, but only the dogs owners know the truth on that one.

We need to stop jumping on the media bandwagon and start thinking for ourselves, use your logic and intelligence to learn the truth. As long as humans live with canines, there will be dog bites/attacks. The top offender will always be the most popular breed at the time. Common sense statistics.

8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Say what? :confused:

I truly don't understand your point in calling us dogfighters & encouring the use of stray mongrels to use as bait dogs. In fact, I'm appalled at your comments whether you are/were drunk or not. Being drunk doesn't make you lie, it's more like truth serum & now we see what you really think of us.

9. kanediggity

kanediggity Big Dog

just messing around sorry

10. Twitty

Twitty Big Dog

It puzzles me how the media comes up with some of the most amazing things to say! Dogs are usually starved to make them more aggressive! what tha phuck! Why couldn't it just read 8 pit bull found running loose apperently the dogs looked malnurioused! Does anybody strave their dogs to make them more aggressive HA! what a joke

11. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

If the HS said...."these dogs were emaciated as most stray dogs are, and covered with scars due to fighting with other strays for their next meal," they wouldn't be able to tug the heartstrings of their donors as much as with "starved fighting dogs". Its good PR for them to save animals from nasty dog fighters, but bad PR to say people abandoned their dogs. Not enough gut wrenching drama eh.....

I've added a couple of different comments to the responses to this article, I love proving other people wrong, just a quirk of mine LMAO. But as my siggy says, I can make them feel, but only they can make them think.....but I keep trying;)

12. Michele

Michele Guest

ya know, when I first came here to this board, I came with a reason. I will tell you now, after being here a bit, that the members here are good to their companions and love them very much. Also, I've been learning alot. Being drunk doesn't excuse your ignorant post. If anything, it makes me think that's how you really feel.

13. squirt07

squirt07 Big Dog

Kanediggity, what were you thinking?

14. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

This is good to hear coming from you....it shows you did indeed come here with an open mind as you claimed.

15. Attila

Attila Guest

Now that is some stupid stuff to say. Rude, offensive and wrong. Give me one reason why I shouldn't ban you right now for good! A Public appology may save you. I doubt it though I am rather upset with you at this point. I don't buy the drunk excuse that one is used up by Ted Kennedy.

16. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

LMAO!!! Hey, it's worked for ole Ted all these years......the voters of the great state of Massachusettes haven't banned him for life! (Great state of MA, lol, as a Yankee fan I think I just threw up a little over my own comment)

17. Attila

Attila Guest

For the life of me I can't understand how he stays in office. I don't get it at all. If it were up to me he would be in prison for life.

18. Suki

Suki Guest

seems like the responses given by the media, county officials and a certain someone on here are all based on assumptions, not definitive, supportive facts.

I despise when things are "assumed". The answers are based mostly on personal opinion and spoken/written as such. Problem is, too many people with too many conflicting opinions...
    So, until I can physically see something with my own eyes, I won't/don't buy it.
    Neither should you, ...(imo)...

19. Attila

Attila Guest

Kanediggity I am still waiting for your answer to my questions!

20. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

Ignorance is Bliss! You make as much sense as a man who wakes up one day and says to himself"look, I got a penis", and then runs to the zoo and finds a monkey and has sex with it to see if man really did come from monkeys!