1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

8 week old puppy photo request

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by davidfitness83, Apr 17, 2013.

1. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Hey guys I have a new foster at home and I am trying to figure out what I have at hand. Obviously without a real ped I won't know but just want to see what the real dogs look like this young. Can you guys post pics of real APBT at 7-8 weeks of age. I want to see if there is any resemblance in structure.

2. alpay

alpay Big Dog

i think you should send yours firstly. than somebody can say somethink about your dog .

3. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

People can't tell you what is it even when fully grown let alone @ 8 weeks.

4. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

I am not asking what the dog's breed is, I just want to compare the real breed to this dog to see if it deviates on physical features.

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lol you can't tell difference that young really

6. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Yeah that is what i was thinking, I have seen really wrinkled pudgy APBTs that turned out to be nice and lean when they grow up.

7. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

585 post on a gamedog forum... But you need a pic of a puppy for reference.... You should be able to tell by its actions... Look don't matter much my friend, wait a few months.... You'll know

8. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

lol it's a foster dog, I didn't buy it or anything like that. I may not even keep it, I raise puppies all the time for a local rescue.

9. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

David here are a few of boagrt, ava, karma, and lola around that age and some of their littermates.

10. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

Sadie thank you very much :) adorable little devils by the way..

This is my current foster, she is going to be 8 weeks next monday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bernie when he was around the same age a week or two apart:

[​IMG]

I feel that she has an amstaffish build, but your dogs looked very similar. I guess I will find out soon enough how she will be built.

11. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Thanks David yeah it's always hard to tell they go through so many changes bogart turned out to be a much bigger dog than I thought when he hit 2 he really started filling out in the chest, limerick my new dog he hit one in january I am already seeing some changes in him. Her muzzle looks to be a little short and she has a little more loose skin but again this is a young pup so she will change a million times before it's all said I have seen a few Apbt's with shorter muzzles and plenty of wrinkly pups lol so doesn't mean much Good luck with your foster she's adorable.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2013
  12. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

13. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Findin a good home hard these days...looks like she could be a bulldog... But I've seen labs look the same as well....

14. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lol raisin pups was fun to me about the first 2-3 times... I applaud you for volunteering to do it!

15. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

This would be the 7th dog I am trying to place since Nov 2012. All successful happy stories so far lol

16. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

IMHO they all look so different as puppies. Here are a few examples from our camp. :)

Good luck figuring out what your puppy is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

thanks a lot for the photos !

18. davidfitness83

davidfitness83 Top Dog

the only difference i notice isthat the real apbt is not.as.wrinkly for.the most part..i.am.assuming thisdog has bully in it or amstaff.