1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

9 week old puppy man biter...

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by XHitta, Mar 29, 2014.

1. XHitta

XHitta Pup

I have a 9 week old puppy (game bred) who constantly bites people really hard and does not let go.. What should I do? From all apbt I've owned I never had to deal with this issue.. Can someone give me advice please, it would be highly appreciated.

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

most likely it's teething or just wants to play . all pups are like that at that age .

3. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

Maybe the difference youre seeing is because its game bred therefore everything is game until it learns its boundries and own strength and as old goat said he's just playing... My buddy has one now that if u look at him u better prepare to treat him like a mop because he's gonna grab ur pants and not let go... Me personally i like an outgoing scared of nothing pup

4. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

lol, a 9 week old man biter?

5. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Lmao if you let a 9 week old bite you, you aint a man!!

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

He just nippin ya, you better pop his ass or something to show him who's boss or he gonna keep on, most my pups at that age will bite whatever they can get in their mouth, just make sure it ain't nothing human

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

7. Dannyb

Dannyb Big Dog

The pup is just being a pup. It's probably biting everything. If it's more than you can handle at 2 months then I'd consider placing the pup with someone else.

8. olddog

olddog Big Dog

Fold his lips over his teeth by grabbing him over his nose/muzzle and pushing skin/lips inward. Let him bite himself a few times when reaching for you and in a loud gruff voice tell him no ! A good scruff shake might help get the point across if you need to add it. I never let my dogs bite me, my wife, my kids or anyone else when I was around !!! Get him off whatever you don't want him to bite and immediately give him a hide, bone, or something he is allowed to chew on and tell him "good boy" !

Olddog

9. steinlin

steinlin Big Dog

9 weeks...I agree with olddog
    What has gamebred got to do with anything?

10. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

All were very good comments and I hope you take them all into consideration. I do what OLDDOG said to do, have the pup bite it's own inner lip if it bites you. The pup will learn quick that it's not supposed to be biting.

11. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

.....another dog's for idiots...thread......lol...lol......q??...if ya had a 9 week old poodle+he was nipping and biteing playing what would you do....>>>>>>>>>>>

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

my thoughts exactly...

13. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

Give a stern "no" and re-direct with a bone, toy, etc. Be persistent. He's only 9 weeks old. He's teething.

14. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....give him a kick in the ass......lol

15. 305APBT

305APBT Big Dog

I don't know about that one you may loose your leg with this killer of a pup.

16. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Is the pup nipping,as oppose to biting?Nipping is a lite bite usually resembling a type of play,pups also bite eachother sometimes harder than others just playing with eachother and might be treating you like they would a sibling. While others have real aggression issues and mean to inflict real injury, these types should be either placed with the right type person or culled from society to prevent lilly future attacks. Almost all accidental dog attacks are preventable
    and actions should be taking when the first problems arise.Serial killers usully start young, practicing on animals.
    MANBITERS ALSO, destinguish the difference in play bites and real bites and do whats best for the breed. Its not always an easy choice but as a responsible owner the proper choice needs to be made.
    DANNY B,OLD GOAT & MICHELE all gave advice i live by,GOOD LUCK.

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

At 9 weeks no dam reason to cull a pup unless it has genetic physical defect

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

18. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Have you seen a pup agressivily attack everything and not have a good bone in thier body?Theres a rare person that can and will put up with that, not me.Once a bitter always a bitter just like once a cur saying, man biting is a cur move that should be culled at any age.In B.HALLs BULLYSON book there was a man i believe by the name of Jackson that used to collect everybodies manbitters and match them with a muzzle.His record was poor because he couldnt handle his dog properly and only won using "country" or "city" rules with no scrathes.His dogs usually curred also. Indian Sonny culled manbitters young and was said to school his dogs himself with little help of other dogs which would be hard if they were bitters.

19. JBL

JBL Big Dog

At 9 weeks old hes just being a pup. He doesnt really understand alot yet. You have to teach him right from wrong and plenty to chew. Dont cull or hit him, train him and get him to astablish you as pack leader and he'll do whatever it is that he thinks pleases you.

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I had a 6 week old pup lock on my finger and shake out of my last litter....he still alive and never another incident.