1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A collectors item NOT TO BE MISSED!

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by SDJ2010, Nov 19, 2013.

1. SDJ2010

SDJ2010 Big Dog

50-Years-with-the-APBT.jpg

The present book is an autobiographical memoir about the author’s fifty years in the world of the American Pit Bull Terrier, but it is more an effort at sharing of experiences rather than chronicling the author’s life and it provides invaluable information for the enthusiast and student of the breed. It takes us on a journey through time! I assure you, it will be hard to put this book down once you start reading! It is definitely an instant classic. Enjoy!

lulu_button.gif

2. SDJ2010

SDJ2010 Big Dog

Get free ground shipping with code MITTE50.
    Offer ends Nov 22, 2013 11:59 PM

Use Code: MITTE50

3. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

ok im gettin this one all BS aside.

4. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

I might have my wife get me this for Christmas. Has anybody read it yet. Told her I wanted a book just can't decide between this or the big red handbook, or one of the sporting dog journal yearbooks. She got me 2011 volume 2 for my birthday last year which I really enjoyed. Don't want to break her wallet so the complete gamedog is out of the picture. For the people who has read them which one is the best reading compared to the price. I don't want her to have to spend a whole lot of money.

5. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

About halfway through it. Probably the most entertaining dog book I have read. The way jack writes the stories is amusing and hilarious. He tells it how it is and I have been laughing a lot since I've been reading it. I would definitely encourage people to get this book, it's worth it.

6. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

Thank you for the reply. Gonna go ahead and get this one and the big red hand book. I'll post my review of it after I read it. Thanks again

7. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

Big red is a waste IMHO

8. Jdll13

Jdll13 Big Dog

What was so bad about big red?

9. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

Is it. I'm looking for books more for entertainment than to learn how to keep these dogs. But for the price of it I can get 2 SDJ yearbooks so if it's not worth it I would rather get 2 books instead of 1. Anybody else have opinions on it

10. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Just ordered mine... It was at the top of my affordability scale, but it is a Christmas present for my feller (and secretly, myself, lol). I'll probably read it before I wrap it up, lol.

11. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

It's just over 100 pages and costs wayyyy to much. It's written poorly and is the same kind of stories any old timer will tell you for the cost of a phone call.

12. david63

david63 CH Dog

It's a toos up either big red or SDJ- yearbooks.

13. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Deadgame, you talkin about big red or the book that this thread is about?

14. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

the book in this thread is over 200 pages, so i assume he's talking about big red

15. treezpitz

Thanks LJB, I knew I just figured it needed to be clear otherwise some might not get this book because of confusing comments speaking badly of another book. Thanks for clearing it up for DG!

16. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

you're welcome. :-)

a friend of mine has the big red book but it's collecting dust... i may borrow it to read and give my critique. the author is a good guy and i have a lot of respect for him, although i do feel his book (Big Red) is overpriced.

17. treezpitz

Yea, I agree about it being a little much. It's on my long list, just to have it. If the price comes down, I'll grab it right away.

18. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

same here. it's on the list.... the looooong list, lol

19. JLusk

JLusk Big Dog

Yea I'd like to have every book I can get my hands on before I can call my library complete. I love reading about the history of these dogs. One of my favorite hobbies and I don't even like reading books but couldn't put my SDJ 2011 yearbook down til I was finished with it. Every time my wife ask me what I want for holidays I'm gonna get a book. Gonna get this book and one of the yearbooks just have to figure out which yearbook I want to get this time.

20. DeadGame4

DeadGame4 Big Dog

I was talking about Big Red. I would never say a bad word about a jack Kelly book.