1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A little history ( Bert Clouse's Mill ) up and running in 2012

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by picasso, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Backroad

Backroad Big Dog

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

I can't see it and you know I've been waiting to see what it looks/runs like now. U do great work

3. JP267

JP267 Banned

That mill runs better than alot of slatmills that I have seen, nice.

4. Pops 1

Pops 1 Pup

Picasso: Love your videos, watched them all on you tube, then I went out and bought my first pitt. I am 62 and just getting started. Pops

5. Backroad

Backroad Big Dog

6. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Looks good Sos!

7. Backroad

Backroad Big Dog

Thank you Sadie, spent a couple of hours on it, lol

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

haha you're good looks brand new!

9. bootock

bootock Pup

were are you ,and what size is the turntable please i live in england to far to visit maybe sme measurements and pictures

10. Backroad

Backroad Big Dog

Your gonna have to ask C2K & Knightmare they seem to know all. I'm sure they will chime in and help you out.

11. JayW

JayW Big Dog

WOW!!! Now that's something you don't see every day. Beautiful restoration! I keep hoping one day I'll run across one of these.

[​IMG]

12. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

An Americana museum full of old bulldog history would be cool to say the least. Clouse mills and Corvinos turntable would have to be the main attractions with Colbys infamous door...
    A friend found value in Snootys gravestone from A.Brewer when he moved from his property...
    Im sure there are alot old barnfinds and gems outthere if someone dug deep enough...
    Couple questions maybe someone can answer...
    Didnt TG and friends start a pitbull museum in europe somewhere? I seen pics of a Chinaman mural that was painted outside of the building during construction and wonder if it was finished?Any info on it would be great...
    I know TL Williams got Heinzls collection which is a small fraction of his collection that he shared in his books...
    I heard one of the Yankee Boys has an extensive collection that would be great to document also...
    So please share pics and stories of your old bulldog finds, this thread has been really good and could be great!!!
    Thanks for sharing any pics and or stories you might have...

13. Mudville_Monsta

Mudville_Monsta Top Dog

I believe I was told the Museum is in Italy. Not exactly sure where or if true but it came up in a convo or two before.

14. keystone

keystone CH Dog

the italian museam lol
    set up by a bunch of heavy peddlers
    called iron kenels before .....
    thay asked me picture's to ..no way .....
    the pic peddler's /thiefs...also a bunch of them out there
    donno if the musea stil excist

15. keystone

keystone CH Dog

starting a musea ...hardly matched a dog lol

16. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

17. Backroad

Backroad Big Dog

To the best of my knowledge the mill was built by Joe Corvino and used by Bert Clouse. There was also a carpet mill that Bert used from John and it is stuffed in a barn next to his turntable. Thank you for the compliments on the restoration. It took a really long time to wire wheel the frame to prime and paint, building the belt was also very interesting.

Vicki likes this.
  18. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

LOL....I really tried to get that turntable, would love to work the dogs on it! Such a sin to leave it unused!!!