1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

A tribute to gameness.

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Limey kennels, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

1984 being a 1 year apbt rooky owner waching the 1984 los angeles olympic games and Getting a lesson in what Gameness was about. uptill today when i get triggert i watch these video,s from what i call the most gamesst woman i ever seen. brings goose bumbs and fluid in my eyes. Like the man who died telling the outcome of the famouse marathon battle 480 BC running the 42 kilometers to the city of marathon in greece. Here is a tribute to
    Gabrielle Andersen!!!. lots of people dont remember who won the Gold silver and broze medal from Back then But nearly everybody who wachst this remembers the 37th place looser. Who like the origenal man who run the marathon was reddy to take her death to reacht her goal that finish line!!!. with a compleat exausted failing body who could and would not respond to the brain anymore .
    YET some way some how she was able to stear her failing dying body with muscle spasems in the direction she needed to go, keeping her head straight with her hands at times to see and look where the final scratch line ends and make it. screw the movie Rocky thise tune belongs to her [video=youtube_share;0Hjm29CmMfg]http://youtu.be/0Hjm29CmMfg[/video] , at 30 sec in the necst video she told the 2 oficials to "fuck of"" [video=youtube_share;Zs4lbNPiat0]http://youtu.be/Zs4lbNPiat0[/video] people and comentators local and arond the world where asking for the ofisials to take her out of the race!! as
    she was alredy struggeling for miles befor she got in the olympic stadium .but they didnt..... here is some more footage at 1.35 you can see her useing her hands to face her view in the right direction of the finish line. [video=youtube_share;YZFNiuuApFU]http://youtu.be/YZFNiuuApFU[/video]

2. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Re: a tribute to Gameness please dont take these video,s douwn...

Yeah she was game for sure!. I remember watching that as a kid. I was 6.

3. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

Persistence can sure pay off,that was one to remember.....gabrielle(pit-bull)andersen.........

4. Sherman

Sherman Big Dog

Never heard the story but just watched a clip on you tube... Tough lady.

5. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

I like to ad and mention to those who tink they know how Gameness in animals and humans alike shows and reveals itself.
    That gamenes is shown and reveals itself in DIFEREND ways!!.
    We ofthen see ore hear negatif coments about historicel shows from dogs that whent 3 hours in a show being written off as a drag!!. ofthen with no visible ore minor damage...... These People seem to have NO idea how man ore beast fisically ore mentaly feels during such trauma.
    At the same time they worship humans ore animals alike like the apbt being able to take massif amouds of fisical trauma in a shorter period and call them GAMER due to there fisical trauma, ore better dogs then the dogs mention above. Nothing could be feurther from the truth.
    (Ofthen stiles neutrolize echother and in doing so a show can be a non ecsighting one. while in previus shows both animals ore Boxers if you like have shown mutch more spectaculair >Sandman/Buck<).
    As endorfines battleing pain and schok(schok reveals it self in diferend ways as wel) helps coping with it.
    in a ""drag"" show the damege is INSIDE due to sevear lactic asid build up kidneys that hase to proces it. Also the body is consuming itself due to the lack of feul presend(Gabriele Andersen), The most amound of damage and fatal risk is>> core temparature << wich ofthen risez above 43ºC = 109.40ºF .This is the real killer in ""both"" situations.
    In both ecsamples ecseptional Gamennes can and will show itself.....

6. Doesn't have a damn thing to do with gameness

7. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

she was determined to cross that line. seems like she would rather die than quit. sounds like gameness to me.

8. Yeah remember that when you're on here telling noobs that gameness cant be proven by weight pull, hog bunting, and all the other stupid shit they babble. She doesn't even have an opponent lol. Nothing about that shit proves gaminess according to the definition in the dog world.

So according to this happy horse shit if a dog runs a mill for 5 hours and doesn't want to stop even after its completely exhausted it is now a game dog lololol.

There's many words that can be used to describe what this lady did. Determined,
    Persevere, heroic, and whatever other label you want to put on it, but game doesn't fly when we want to go by the standard set by bulldogs

9. okcdogman82

okcdogman82 Top Dog

her opponent was exhaustion itself her body wanted to quit but she kept pushing!! Boogie you just like to argue over shit lol!! if she wasnt game she was damn sure somethin like it. most motherfuckers will quit when extreme conditions kick in.

10. AGK

But can she do it with someone else beating her ass up and down that track....lol now that is the question... It take a huge heart to continue on when your that fatigued and your muscles start failing and to some degree, that is game, not in the way people with these dogs use the word, or at least myself but I thought it was a pretty good analogy for it (other than the fact she's not being hit). Her determination to accomplish her goal was more than her concern for her own health, she was going to finish or collapse and stroke out trying. I do only consider the word "gameness" to be associated with fighting since no one or thing will ever be put to the test mentally or physically more so than when in combat but I've heard the term used in horse racing before too but I don't think of it as gameness like it is used with these dogs.
    Your right though Boogie, in my eyes, she showed she had heart and the will to complete her goal, she was game but not the same sense as a fighter is game.

11. LOL No I don't hahahahaha I give the lady all the props in the world. I really do, I just wouldn't use the word GAME to describe it.

There's been more motherfuckers come on this forum and get their ass handed to them over what the definition of gameness is and it's always the same story by all the seasoned veterans of the breed. Gameness can only be proven one way! Like I pointed out, then a dog running a mill to the point of total exhaustion but not quitting would then be considered game! Sorry if you don't agree with my logic but it's pretty cut and dried for me.

Now if you want to see some human beings who are game watch Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar Them mofos were game!

Free Fight: Forrest Griffin vs Stephan Bonnar - YouTube

12. Torresbeag

Torresbeag Big Dog

Gameness can be shown in different disciplines...when you go to well and the well is dry...and you keep drawing that's gameness....it doesn't have to be a battle......

13. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Gamenes"!.
    If we look at it in its purest form we look at the game cock and the fighting dog. Some time ago a former frind of mine tought me something about evolution and im not sure but i belive he got it from Don mayfield.. If your aware of the charles Darwin evolution teory then at some point you realize its a TEORY. His teaching was about spiecies evolving or mutating into something els, that wassend there at first..

When my frind was at some kind of lecture at a univercity this professor who was compleatly into the Darwin Teory. Said afther his lecture is there anybody that has a questions.
    my frind at that time. Stuk his hand up and askt the professor."" Show me something that has been involved SHOW ME!!!!!"" And the professor nor anybody els who suport the Darwin Teory CAN NOT do that. Hensh today its stil called a ""TEORY"".

My frind told the Professor and later to ME you can not change a spiecies into something els if these genes wherend in there in the FIRST PLACE!!.
    As it is simply imposible....... In other words one spiesies evolving into someting els MUST COME FROM HIS OWN GENE POOL.. It has alway been in there in the first place...

Gamennes is not a MAN created gene. Its in there its in the gene pool of many animals and in man.
    And can reveal ore show itself in many ways. To discribe Gamennes isend ez. its not just one uponend facing another to see who quits first.thats a red neck uneducated version... Gus demato Mike Tysons former trainer and adoption father. Told his fighters the story about the Hero and the coward!. He askt them wat is the diferense between the two!. non could give a satisfynig awnser.
    He said "" The Hero and the coward feel and experience the same FEAR. But wat makes a Hero a Hero and a Coward a coward,Is that the hero stands his ground and the coward runns off!!.
    Knowing this when you face a stronger uponend you know hes just as afreight for you then you are for him!!.>>This makes life a lot ezer!!!<<.

Trying to ecsplain gamenes to sombody els who dont know wat its about it is like trying to discribe how nice someting tasts without ever have tried it!!.
    The game gene is ofthen discribed in many diferend and what im consirned in the wrong words.
    determination is one of them as is harth ecetera. A psygologist of a old frind of mine who gides people who are in there terminal fase of there ilnesses. Told stories about how people reacted when they where told the news they where going to die.

most of them completely colapst mentaly and the end came mutch sooner then acspected!.
    But some who got the bad word refused to accept it. They started to live stronger and harder and faster then every befor they refused to slow douwn and Die. and FOUGHT like hell.
    Some of those iven overcome there fatal diseas. That my frinds IS GAMENNES!!. In the FIELDS of the world there are many bodies burried of man WHO REFUSED TO WALK AWAY!! who took there HEROICK Death being it over >prinsebles< ore in >combat<. never toutching there uponends!!!!!! walking Running up that beach knowing wat is COMING and taking there Death!!!. THATS GAMENNES my frinds........ That same gamennes is in the Soldiers of YOUR ARMY,S and in the VETERANS that sirvived to tell there tales... gamennes is not Killer instinkt. same as agression witch melds like snow infront of the sun!.
    Gamenes is also not the wil to sirvive as running away from a sirtin death IS!!!.

So now we come to what it is..To me Gamennes is the will to Dominate and the wil to REFUSE to be the LESSER ONE!!!.The wil to REFUSE TO GIVE UP. It is to be prepeard to Die and give your life for your belives for your prisebles for your Kids ore famely ore your COUNTRY..............Gamennes is being reddy to give up and sacrifice the most
    presius thing a living being has . wich is LIFE itself.. now i dont whant to push up my belive about Gabriele Anderson. But like myself and lots of others like Torresbeag, who seem to understand wat Gamennes is about. Theyu reconzie gameness when they see it.....
    sure the most ecstream case ore animal that carries the highest degree of gamennes is the game bred APBT .Thats a known fact but he is a product and a creation of MAN where this genes has been lockt on to, BIJ MAN . to be bred because we worchip it... and to be able to do so you need to KNOW and RECONIZE what it is in the first place..

When your into gamennes your living a life judging nearly everyting around you including man alike on gamennes. waching sports im sure you ofthen use the word Game basterd ore F..king Cur!. thats because you RECONIZE IT .. you seek it in daily life.. So please for the sake of your own credibitely dont sirguest that this woman is not game ore that it has nothing to do with gamennes . Thats a insult on your own intelegence!!. This woman is fighting herself ,her at that momend dying body......a inviseble uponend but she sure as hell is feeling it...........

14. AGK

If that's what you believe, I however do not...

There is a difference between you not stopping in a race or marathon even though your bodies shutting down and continuing to push forward than when your getting your ass beat the whole time, yet you keep on coming. Mentally, they are nothing a like, Having a dog scratch with 2 broke front wheels using only is hind legs after a punishing match where that dog was out shown that day, but still crawls to meet his opponent is GAME and the only way I recognize the word when used in the dog world..... Like limey said, we look for the words use in everyday life. I don't feel it's the same "game" though as when describing a dog, but it's still very similar....

15. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

That's not gameness, that's ENDURANCE LOL.

16. It just keeps getting dumber

Right on!

17. Sea Serpent

Sea Serpent Big Dog

I wish I can show you guy's this cock fight match I seen, one of the birds got knocked out, layed dead on the floor no movement for like a 30 secs, everyone thought the match was over, then all of a sudden the bird got back on its feet, rose back from the dead, the whole crowd went crazy and started cheering, the dead bird came back and won the fight, if i can find the video, I'll show you guy's it.

18. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

the word gameness means pushing yourself to finish something, while knocking on deaths door! that bitch was game!

read tom garners article titled "why love a bulldog?", he explains examples of gameness in all walks of life....

19. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Sea Serpent im not sure if your post above is in agreemend of my post ore against it due to the ""lol"". As it can go both ways.
    . But let me say to the people intrested and Boogieman alike.. (who as usual is being sjort sighted on the matter like on many diferend topics. probely due to a lack of understanding useing the best way for him to cope with that is burning it douwn with a couple of meaningless words). That the word Endurance meens that you have the stamina and strenght to actualy runn and finish a marathon ore something els without problems!!!... THATS Endurance... Gabriele Andersen clearly did NOT have the Endurance............... She had and posest something els to Finish!!! something 999 out of a 1000 marathon runners dont have as they step out of a marathon race when they feel they can not make it............ wich is GAMENES.

20. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

PS. i forgot to mention that during that race she refused medical atention as she knew when she ecsepted it she would be disqualified!!. The momend she crossed that finsihline she fell unconscious. Sins that Heroic race the olympic commity changed the rulles and alouws atleaths to acsept medical atention as long as they are not carried out to get it..