1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

? about Eli

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by WWII, Aug 5, 2009.

1. WWII

WWII Banned

Why is he such a renowned dog? All in all, he is only a 2xW, a feat many dogs have the privilege of sharing. His hunts were nothing spectacular, as they read in the stories. Or is it something else? Is it due to what he produced and what his kin produced? Or is it the ability to throw those admiral traits down through the generations?

2. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

His potancy as a stud dog.
    Floyd had a yard full of honest studs but he built his line off Blind Billy,Boze,Eli,Eli jr. That tells you something.

3. Stookie

Stookie Pup

nodisrespect but you asked and answered your own question twice

4. Stookie

Stookie Pup

boze was eli's half brothers, the ped difference was on the dams side, second gen. but these dogs are in a sence the best hubbards bounce/heinzles bambi dogs you can find and eli jr is basicly the same, so he didnt base his yard off these three dogs he based it off their grand parents. and they just happend to make the cut we call em eli dogs or boze dogs they probly called them bounce dogs, bambi dogs or blind billy dogs so nomatter how many times the name changes it still has the same roots

5. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

He did base his yard of of the above mentioned STUDS or individual dogs. Them studs may have ben from the best Bounce/heinzles bambi dogs he could find. Thay were not the only dogs that made the cut on the mans yard but thay were the studs or individual dogs he CHOSE to base his yard off. You are splitting hairs.

6. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

What about Scrub?? Nobody ever mentions ole Scrub,i know he's heavy bred on blind billy.But he did sire Eli and Boze.I also think Boze dosen't always get the recegnetion,He deserves..JMO though

7. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

This is true. I agree

8. Stookie

Stookie Pup

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=4088I agree to but what about scrub he has blind billy in all four generations check the peds yourself his whole pe leads back to bounce/bambi,billys mom is the result of a mother son breeding arizona pete to bambi and pete was also sired by bounce

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  9. Stookie

Stookie Pup

your right their not the only ones to make the cut,the point i was tryn to make was that fans of line bred eli,eli jr,boze dogs dont look much futher than those few dogs the original question was wahts so special about this eli dog that he has such a large following and so many yards based off of him. and what i basicly said is that its a strong foundation and MR.B prob didnt see them as boze eli or elijr dogs as we do but he did know what a good dog was. and he chose the right stock to begin with.how will you know where you going if you dont know were you come from

10. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

I see youre point and I agree, but Most dont go that far back because going back that far is strictly for historical purpouses. Same could be said about Blind Billy/Scrub/Boze/Eli/Eli jr etc... But, Knowing youre history does nothing but help you in these dogs.

11. Stookie

Stookie Pup

they say it dosnt matter but you cant take slop and make caviare

12. HBK

HBK Big Dog

Eli produced producers who produced producing producers :-) One litter....... specificly, made him famous. Eli x Spook gave us Eli Jr. , Bullyson and Brendy. Those dogs literally changed the game when they hit the scene and like Frank Rocca said if you werent running something down from those dogs you just couldnt compete (paraphrase)

13. Stookie

Stookie Pup

14. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Back to dogs being individuals, Some would argue that F.B. dident build his line around Bounce/Hinzel/ Bambi dogs but DIBO/Tudor dogs. As he wouldent be so interested in this family if it dident produce the most potent stud dog of all time.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2009
  15. Stookie

Stookie Pup

I get you bro Im just glad he bread the way he did

16. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

good info and thoughts here, this is why I come to this site.....among other things:)

17. preme

preme CH Dog

good thread i love the eli stuff always had some kind of blend these animals are so versitle and seems to click with alot of different blood lines.