1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

"Accused dog fighter" turns himself in

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Suki, Jun 13, 2006.

1. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

Re: "Accused dog fighter" turns himself in

33MTA.... :) thats all.

2. pepper_mommy

pepper_mommy Big Dog

simms....if that was the case, which i could understand if it did happen, shit happens, where is HIS statements? where is his LAWYERS statements, i just want him to say, it was a whelping carpet and we had an accident that killed 6 dogs in one shot. i dont think i can even give my opinion on what i *think* happened, b/c NONE of us know for sure, until it goes to trial and we can somehow dig up what his plea and statements are.

3. simms

simms CH Dog

Have you ever been accused? Have you ever had a warrant issued for your arrest ? Have you had the pleasure of obtaing a laywer for your defense?

Most attorney's will tell you to keep your pie hole shut, or they will drop your ass.

I have not read anywhere that those dogs died from trauma ....Have they officialy determined what those dogs died from? Could have been parvo? How long were they dead?

As far as I'm concerned they need to presnet all the facts, not just what their scrambling to put together.

4. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I just have to throw in my two cents,,whether this person is quilty or not,,I would never believe the paper,,its all media BS,,thats right simms,,whatever u say can and will be used against u in a court of law,its best to keep your mouth shut

5. Suki

Suki Guest

Someone once termed it to me as, "Don't offer any information". ;)

I'm sure that guy is going strictly by his lawyer's advice.

6. Marty

Marty Guest

Update... Dog fighting probe widens --
    An investigation into whether a Gary firefighter conducted dogfights at his Calumet Township home has spurred a wider, grand jury probe into animal fighting for profit throughout Lake County, Prosecutor Bernard Carter said Tuesday.

Carlton Davis Jr., of 3721 W. 48th Place, was charged with seven felony counts of staging animal fights, 15 counts of animal cruelty and one count of owning animal fighting paraphernalia.

The seven-year fire department veteran surrendered to police Tuesday several hours after the charges were announced. Davis remained jailed Tuesday night. Bond was set at $145,000

His attorney said Davis is innocent.

"They have no evidence of dog fighting because there was none," attorney Garry Weiss said. ""We would like people to keep an open mind until the evidence is presented, because what's being portrayed to the media is incorrect."

"There will be a grand jury convened by us next month to investigate other individuals pertaining to the same conduct that (Davis) has been charged with," Carter said at a new conference.

Carter said nothing had been presented to him suggesting that any of Davis' colleagues at the Gary Fire Department were involved in similar gaming.

However, Carter said he suspected the investigation would uncover many people involved in animal fighting, considering neighbors' testimony of 15 to 20 cars present at Davis' house in May for what they suspected was a dogfight.

"It's a misdemeanor to be present at a dogfight," Carter said.

Acting on complaints from neighbors, police searched Davis' property May 29. Officers reported finding 16 emaciated dogs and one dog carcass, dog fighting paraphernalia and a six-week workout schedule that led up to "game day."

One building on Davis' property had a wooden treadmill for the dogs to run on and devices they could be strapped into to breed or to antagonize them, police said. The second structure appeared to be where the dogs battled, with wooden cages, a fighting ring and lawn chairs for spectators.

One of the officers investigating the case, Detective Michelle Weaver, said she received an anonymous tip that there would be a break-in at the animal control facility in Crown Point, reportedly to free the dogs taken from Davis' property.

After someone did attempt to break in during the weekend, animal control and the police officials are looking into safe houses for the dogs. Police Commander Cathy Hrebenyak said the dogs would be placed in animal care facilities, not private residences.

The Humane Society of the United States and Lake County police are offering a $4,500 reward for testimony concerning staged dogfights in the area. For information, call Weaver at (219) 755-3355.

http://nwitimes.com/articles/2006/06/14/news/top_news/e6c9d62c75bc20ad8625718c007f8530.txt

7. simms

simms CH Dog

How the story changes....from 1 to 6 dead carcass found on the property. I hope that this guys attorney takes these folks to task, for all its worth.

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Its not this guys job to defend himself. Its the states job to prove his guilt. Please dont confuse the two. Lawyers will tell you to keep your trap shut until court, no sense in letting the other team hear your strategy and build a defense.

9. thablacksheep

thablacksheep Big Dog

Very interresting. I can only hope that the guy is found innocent of all charges. One less negative story on our breed. But again, it just don't look good for the man.