1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

ADBA Show September 27-28, North Carolina

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by Patchwork, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Patchwork

Patchwork Big Dog

:DHey Folks. Western Carolina American Pit Bull Terrier Club is having an ADBA Sanctioned show on September 27-28, 2008 at Burke County Fairgrounds in Morganton, NC.

Judges will be: Kevin Overturf and Sam from Colorado.

This show will be something you do not want to miss! Not only are we having new fun classes (Best Veteran Dog (8 plus), a Tribute to Cold Steel/Tanya and Boogieman (Best Chocolate). Also, we will have the Farthest Travelled Prize! We are hoping to also be one of the first clubs to offer the Safe Dog Certifcation (similar to the CGC in the AKC) from the ADBA. We hope to be able to certify at the show! Camping/Camper spaces and showers available on site!

Directions: Interstate 40 travelling west towards Asheville, NC: Take the Jamestown Road Exit #100, turn right at the top of the ramp, at the fifth light turn left onto North Green Street/Highway 181, at the next light turn right onto Bost Road. The Fairgrounds are less than 1/4 of a mile on the left.
    Interstate 40 travelling east towards Hickory, NC: Take the Jamestown Road Exit #100, turn left at the top of the ramp, at the fifth light turn left onto North Green Street/Highway 181, at the next light turn right onto Bost Road. The Fairgrounds are less than 1/4 of a mile on the left.

Weight pull will be inside as well as the show!

Please print out the flyer and post, keep for yourself and bring your whole family! We hope to see everyone there! :D

Flyer Coming Soon!

2. BullDog143

BullDog143 Big Dog

Ill be making that show.

3. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I'll be there, for sure!

4. Has it been updated on the ADBA site, I looked for it but it wasnt there. Im hearing the KY is going to do their show in Sept also. I think the week before that but nothing is on the ADBA calendar?

5. Western Carolina APBT IS set for September 27th and 28th, I don't know why we are not yet on the calendar.
    Looks like a lot of us will be busy, busy September and October!

6. Patchwork

Patchwork Big Dog

Hey Jean, its Beth...how is is going...sorry i haven't been online..been busy as crazy. started a new job, taking care of the dogs, etc etc. email me

7. Sydney

Sydney Big Dog

We will be there...

8. WoodsEdge

WoodsEdge Pup

This will be the one to go to!

9. nc_pitbullmommy

nc_pitbullmommy Big Dog

I'll be there...its in my home town!

10. WoodsEdge

WoodsEdge Pup

Camping on site, RVs, travel trailers, tents, whatever. Electric and water hookups if needed. Clean restrooms with showers. Canteen for food or cook your own. Restaurants and shopping near by.
    You must have a crate for each dog you bring.
    Come and enjoy the show and the Carolina mountains!

11. WoodsEdge

WoodsEdge Pup

For motels that allow dogs-
    Sleep Inn- 828-433-9000
    Holiday Inn- 828-437-0171
    Both are located at I-40 exit 105

12. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Good info, thanks for posting. Gonna try to make it too.

13. Patchwork

Patchwork Big Dog

I will be there with 4 i will be camping hope to see everyone! Just 3 more days!

14. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

I am definitely going Saturday, not sure about Sunday, but I am hoping to make it both.

15. Rich7482

Rich7482 Pup

I will be there too!! hopefully i can meet some more cool ppl, like i did at the aadr show last weekend

16. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

Got a ?. My understanding is that all will be held inside? The weather is going to be crappy and didn't want to make a three hour drive to be in the rain and things get cancelled.

17. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

It won't be canceled.

I am sure there is an inside place.

Anyone know what time the fun show usually starts? I told people I would help show their dogs, but don't know what time to be there.

18. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

damn wish i could go. It's like 7hrs away though.

19. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

A list of events and times would be nice if anyone has that info.:D

20. Marty

Marty Guest

I request Pics and lots of them :)

chinasmom you got a camera? :D