1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Advice on a bandog bandogge

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by Inkman, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Inkman

Inkman Pup

Hello,

Im thinking about getting a new pup soon, i have owned and sheltered diffrent breeds as apbt, ambulldog, ebt, amstaff, dogo argentino.

My ebt is getting old and deaf, and it will not be a matter of years before i will lose him.:(

I love apbt but these guys are not as good for guard and pp as some other breeds, i have interrest in a bandog but i find them mostly a lil big for my taste (but i love em) i would love to own a compact athletic (midsized) bandog, i know allot of people disagree with having pits crossed and bred for guard and pp, i know some people are scared because it brings there breed in danger when a pit type dog hits the news, manbiter etc. but its a lil ironic they still fight them with all the other risks and dangers that come with it (and if it wasnt for crossing there wouldnt have bin pits and so much great breeds at all.

Probably allot of people want there bandogs big/huge/scary but like i said a pitbull body is perfect, and i have seen some bandogs more compact and athletic.
    Big heavy dogs have more risks having problems with hips etc.
    My dog will live in my house and take em with me so a horse sized dog is not an option for me.

Any suggestions? are there breeders that breeding them compact, athletic?

Any specific things i need to know about?
    Im looking forward to your opinions and advice.

2. Inkman

Inkman Pup

Ive post this in the wrong section

Admin please remove this one

Im sorry and Thnx

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

chimura kennels u may want to check my spelling on that..Google it..Also he is a member here and you could pull him up in a search ..top right..I Like what he is doing with his dogs and if I was looking for one he would be a strong consideration.

4. Jethrodog

Jethrodog Pup

Dutch Shepherd, fila de San miguel, donovan pinscher. 3 dogs that are exactly what you're looking for.