1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Agree or Disagree

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by Doggystyle, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

2. JC-Pitbulls

JC-Pitbulls Top Dog

I sure don't agree with the 50-80lb weight standard.

3. chinasmom

chinasmom CH Dog

I think they picked a poor pic to show as an example. Also don't think they should weigh that much.

4. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

Couldn't agree with you more !!!!!!

5. cary-dude

cary-dude Big Dog

They say any color of dog but I thauoght I read somewhere that mearle colored dogs were a no go?

6. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I strongly agree with this comment.

7. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I agree.

So who is going to set them straight and kindly offer a picture of a dog that meets the breed standard?

8. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

disagree. and that "example" pic looks like a bourdeux cross

9. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I Disagree With That

10. looks and sounds more like an amstaff discription and picture than apbt

11. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Disagree on several things. Whoever wrote that is just shooting from the hip.

12. Bullyboi

Bullyboi CH Dog

i also disagree with several things on there. They say they were brought by irish immigrants but the irish brought the english bull & terrier? They make no mention of how big a part england played in bringing dogs that made the APBT. I think many people on here could write a better article and also that is a bad pic.

13. Doggystyle

Doggystyle Big Dog

I have written them a business professional post regarding the picture which was my main concern. I just couldn't submit a actual APBT picture in my comment to them. Pictures are worth a thousand words and in this case it is worth getting the public to realize what an APBT or any bully breed they mentioned looks like.

14. japangame

japangame Big Dog

Well, I saw quite a few mistakes......Height, Weight, and so on......Definately a AmStaff discription. The pic is horrible. They imphasise to much on the fact that the dog is feared. All people will read is Fear, Fear, Fear. People will start to get the wrong idea. IMO.

15. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Some good general points, but I disagree with some of the specifics:

1.) Ears are cropped short?
    2.) I wouldn't call the UKC the "primary" registry. I think the ADBA registers more?
    3.) The 50-80 lbs weight range. The UKC standard says preferred 30-60.
    4.) Under TIPS, I would rather see advice to owners emphasizing training, socialization, strong containment, etc.; rather than a focus on how people discriminate against the breed. We already know how much they're hated.