1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

american bulldogs

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by jones, Apr 4, 2008.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

lol, yes it turns out it was we who were the ones learning today. But that is not a bad thing is it? :p

P.S. I do hope you did not mind my trying to help. When I heard Kershner, I automatically thought of RK. I would have never thought in a million years there was a Kershner in ABs, as that is not a common name.

2. Well you cant go by type or even lines in ab its so scatter breed, in most cases you cant even go by kennels their are so many shitters in ab no matter what you want your dog to do, however just as mikoda and abk said a well breed working ab is something special and i do feel for a bulldog person that want to get into some pp or sportswork a ab can be a good partner however many breeds are way better suited for the job but ab remind more to me a bulldog in psyche what i mean it´s easier for me to deal whit them and to anticipate what they will do then my dutch shepherd.

I dont hunt pigs or pull but they seem to do just fine catching and pulling.

and i do know of some 1x but i would not call them game...

3. I would love some info on getting in touch with Mr. Scott?
    With Respect, Dred

Would love some info on his Patts.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2008
  4. masta of game

masta of game Banned

5. http://www.owlhollowkennels.com/

6. jbh38

jbh38 Big Dog

that's his kennel.

When I wanted a patterdale and was looking into them, I was really surprised when a friend who has bulldogs and is friends with him gave me his name and number to call for a patterdale.

7. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

I bet finding an AB that will work for 60+ mins and will still scratch is about as likely as winning the lotto. Also, if an AB has APBT blood in them doesnt that make them a mutt?? How could some lines have higher % apbt blood than others and still be considered purebred ABs??

8. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

Exactly what I was thinking..

9. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

There was an AB that was matched and gametested hardcore, but i can't for the life of me remember his name, either way he turned out to be 200% game and i believe he produced good ones as well. There where a few dogmen that used these game AB in the fast lane for a while and were coming out on top for a while

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Because the modern day AB is a recreation of what the breed supposedly was like in yesteryears. Many decades of breeding and culling went into "making" these dogs, and they weren't a recognized breed until 1999 (I believe...maybe 1997) when the UKC started to recognize them.

The most commonly heard of strains were created by Johnson and Scott (last names), although there are several more out there and numerous hybrids. However, each strain is extremely consistent in the dogs they produce thus they have acheived breed status.

(Remember, these dogs were being bred in the early 1900's so just because people didn't quite hear of them doesn't mean they didn't exist and yes they used APBT blood in them as the APBT is an older breed than the AB)

11. ab have a 7/8 rule to be consider "purebreed". and i have yet to see some recent good crosses but what do you expect when one of the "high" ranked ab guys mixes his stock whit Boudreaux stockto get a black ab. And the explanation is the killer its because in his work as a farmer he had noted that the black Angus was the best cow so black dogs must be superior.

Boiboi
    Is that confirmed?

12. jones

jones Banned

i think a lot of these dogs are genetic mutants but some seem to very fine indeed. as far as some strains gameness ive heard of these dogs making their way into the box. but i feel as though these are just half pit bulls.

13. jones

jones Banned

is it common for american bulldog breeders to have patterdales seems like an odd combo ive seen with a few of these breeders

14. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Well i'm still searching for the bulldog i was referring to, i can't for the life of me find him, but i'm 100% sure that someone showed me the reports and i believe he went twice and was GIS and BIS in possibly both of them. Oh and he was pure AB, and trust me he looked like a pure UGLY AB, he wasn't pretty to look at but he got the job done

15. jones

jones Banned

its konfederate kennels home of the first so called black american bulldog, sell patterdales to what a coincidence.

16. jones

Hehe well have have you ever tried to send a ab down a vermin hole? They are hunters and need different breeds for different needs as you might notice they often run coon or curs too but i really like patterdales and they are really cool dogs gritty little bastards they se some hard action down in those holes.
    And believe me you can find phenomenal dogs in the ab family but they are rare.

17. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

Where did you see these reports?.

18. jones

jones Banned

well ya gotta be one tuff little bastard to scratch at a badger hole i know you aint gonna see me next to one

19. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

In what general region of the country are we talking about?.Who were these dogmen that were running these dogs in the fast lane?.If they really were being shown in open competition than Im sure at least a few prominent knls have heard of them..Not saying that you are lying,but I personally find this hard to believe..