1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anti Bark Collar

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by HULK, Oct 22, 2010.

1. HULK

HULK Pup

Just wanna hear what you all think about an Anti Bark Collar that gives "shocks", any experiences with it.

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

3. HULK

HULK Pup

thanks. i did search (Bark Collar). but i could find anything.

4. Chump

Chump Banned

They work wonders. That being said, I use an e-collar for all of my training, so my dogs are already "collar conditioned."

If you throw one on a pup who has never learned what the collar means it will likely freak the F#ck out the first time it barks. Then it will squeal like a piggy and get shocked more.

Then, you will feel bad and take the collar off and sell it on craigslist.

If you leave it on it WILL learn by itself, but it is so much easier on the dog if you collar condition it first. Here is a video of a properly collar conditioned dog: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG-5zLHQMhU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG-5zLHQMhU[/ame]

You will notice that I am using negative reinforcement effectively. The dog is getting charged most of the time in that video. You can see my hand on the button. The dog still has her tail high though. She knows what the charge means and isn't scared of it.

I recommend getting a DT bark collar. They are more sensitive than others like tritronics. That being said, Tritronics makes the best training collars out there. (Just a disclosure, I am Tritronics sponsored trainer.) Make sure you get an adjustable collar, and not one of those sh$tty collars off ebay. You will just confuse and scare your dog if it doesn't give a consistant shock.

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I use them and they work well. ;)

6. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

I've used E-collars before. Worked at first because of the element of surprise. But then one of my dogs decided that he would just take the pain and do whatever the hell he wanted. But I'm sure every dog is different. So you'll get a mixed bag when it comes to success rates. All i know to tell you is try it out and see! Good luck