1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Any language geniuses out there?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Blau, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Blau

Blau Big Dog

I'm obsessed with different languages, figure I'd see if anyone else here felt the same! I'm currently a junior in high school, I've been taking German since freshman year, and will be in AP German 4 my senior year. I'm currently in honors German 3.

I'm also currently in Spanish 1... Next year I plan to take Spanish 2 first semester, and honors Spanish 3 the second semester. I'm also going to take either Latin 1 or French 1, still trying to decide on which one. My German teacher knows the Latin teacher, he's pretty cool. Plus Latin helps with Spanish and even the vocab on the SAT.

I don't plan on attending college, though I took the SAT in 7th grade and scored above 72% of all high schoolers haha. I don't brag about it much though, because I completely failed the math portion. Unfortunately my GPA is horrible at the moment, and has been since... 4th grade. According to my mom I don't 'try hard enough' lol, idk. I'm never getting scholarships.

But yeah, back to college. If I DID go to college, it would only be to continue learning German [which I want to major in] and Spanish. I'm also wanting to learn Swedish and possibly Arabic, and Russian in the future if I can learn the different alphabets.

2. JanneM

JanneM Big Dog

I'd love to speak all the diferent languages.
    I only speak Finnish and English. Also bit of Portuguese and some Swedish. Tried to study Korean once but it was really hard because I had to do that by my self. Luckily I had some tutors to help me. I've forgot most of the korean that I knew.
    I'm studying portuguese now once a week. And I would like to be better in swedish too.

3. Franzi216

Franzi216 Top Dog

I am speaking off curse German, then English, a little bit Russian and write in Latein.Actually i am learning Dutch for stay here and find a job.
    My family is full of languages, we all can learn every language pretty easy...:D

4. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

I speak german (fluently, I hope :D ) and some local lower german, also a fairly understandable english (without making a "z" out of the "th" :p ) and some french. Oh, and some swearwords in croatian ;)

I'd like to learn a proper croatian and dutch, too. But I don't have the time...

5. Sox

Sox Pup

No genius. Just english and spanish and able to understand a few of the dialects around here.

6. NotaBlueHippo

NotaBlueHippo Big Dog

Hell im still tryin master english lol:D

7. masta of game

masta of game Banned

lol classic :D:D

8. Blau

Blau Big Dog

I'd love to learn Portuguese, I have several friends in Brasil I want to visit. Maybe Spanish will help with that, and Latin of course. Haha, the only other language spoke in my family is Spanish because my dad's side of from California, and my mom's from Texas...

Deutsch ist besser! :D I love German, I speak it nearly fluently now and it's awesome! I find myself sometimes speaking as if I were thinking in German, leaving out words and stuff lol. It's sad...