1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

any one here about Tonya from cold steel pits

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by shadyridgekennel, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

2. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

She was a real neat lady. A pleasure to deal with, and always would help in anyway she could, whether it helped her or not. Some folks only will help when there is a payoff down the line, not her. She will be missed. I am believing God to replace her with seven more like her. Prayers to her family and friends. She had schooled me on the art of artificial insemination.

RIP

3. RIP Tanya
    Another great one lost...

4. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

Oh this is terrible me and a good friend of mine was talking about her 2 days ago.. RIP Tee

5. BringBackup

BringBackup Top Dog

That is terrible news. They were the kennels I was going to buy my APBT pup from...

Looks like her husband is pulling CSP out of breeding for a long time, if not forever.

R.I.P. Tanya. My heart goes out to her family.

6. sapitbulls

sapitbulls Guest

crazy, rip. I never seen her site before but was there just the other day first time i heard of the kennel and then i read this.

Prayers. Way too young

7. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

I just heard the news this morning and it's devestating.

Tanya was truly a nice person who took the time to talk with anyone interested in talking about these dogs. For once, she was also intersted in what YOU had to say instead of just being someone who did all the talking.

One of my very first APBTs was a dog off of Boogieman and Hogtown Light. He's no longer with us, but we used him in our breeding program and the results have been nothing less than an asset.

Not only will she be missed, but her love and passion for the breed and for the dogs will also be missed. That's becoming a rarer thing these days.

My condolences go out to her family and also her "extended family"--those who were close to her in the APBT community. May she rest in peace.

8. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I am saddened to hear of this. It just lets you know that we can be taken at any time. My prayers will go out to her family.

And as a side note, I do hope Boogieman is an old, infirm dog. I find the idea of putting down a healthy dog kind of morbid. But that is just me.

9. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

From what I was told earlier this afternoon, Boogie hasn't been doing all that well as of late. He is an "old man" and is battling the affects of old age. I was also told that he hasn't been eating well and has been quite lethargic. So IMO, there's no kinder thing than to let him go be with his master. His life has been full and he deserves it.

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That is good to hear. Not good that he has been doing poorly, but it's good that a healthy dog will not be put down. I hope both he & Tonya RIP together. :(

11. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

Damn......This is terrible, she's done great things for this breed in her lifetime, May u rest in peace Tanya

12. apbtluver

apbtluver Top Dog

Boogieman has not ate since Tanya left for the show and is an elderly dog who has led the best life a dog could ever hope to lead.

Tanya will be missed by all and I just can't imagine going to a show and her not being there. I don't know who will take our late night emergency phone calls for help and come over to assist with a female in labor like Tanya did. She loved the dogs more than anyone I have ever met and was always there for anyone and any dog. This is a huge tragedy and brings with it pain and great sadness that will be felt by many.

13. bighead

bighead Pup

Boogieman died a couple of weeks ago. They are not talking about putting him down just laying them to rest together. You can see both of their memorials on their website.

14. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Bighead Its TripleJ tell them I'm very sorry for thare loss. YIS J

15. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

This was posted on Mon 3/24/08.

CROSSPOST
    Thank you to all who have replied....

Just to put it out there, the cause of death is unknown right now, pending autopsy. She suffered from really bad asthma, she may have had an attack, she stopped breathing and as far as any other details out of respect and privacy I think they are best left unsaid... point is she's gone.

Everyone is in a state of shock, she was just 16 days shy of her 36th Bday. As I said she always did say she would die young.... and she did. She was an only child, survived by her 2 parents, her husband, a yard full of dogs and a handful of really close dog friends... her world revolved around her dogs. She told me many times she saw no purpose in life other than her dogs. She worked for her dogs and all she cared about was putting out good dogs and of course showing her dogs in ADBA to provide a positive image for the breed.

Her "Boogie Dogs" were her everything... what she believed in. Others would have given up on a "scatterbred" dog... but she stuck to her guns and created a whole bloodline herself off her Gr Ch Boogieman..... not too many people can say that. It's no longer a scatterbred line, it's her BOOGIEMAN LINE.. It's the line she loved, it's the line she wanted to run forever.... HER BOOGIE DOGS were her PRIDE AND JOY.

Boogieman is 4 months away from turning 15 years old. He has not been doing good lately, but ever since she left he completely stopped eating... we thought he was dead this morning, would not come out his igloo. He then rose his head and fell asleep again. He has not touched his food in 2 days. She did tell me she would let him go when he stopped eating... I think BOOGIE knows his MOMMA is gone... I think he's ready to go. Boogieman was Tanya's first APBT in 1993 and he will be HER first bulldog to meet her on the other side since she passed... whether he goes on his own today or we send him with her tomorrow... it's what she wanted.

So there's a little more tidbit of information on this woman I called my best dogfriend... a DOGWOMAN who lived her life solely for the American Pit Bull Terrier. Her name will live on in her dogs. Cold Steel Pits will forever live on...

WWW.COLDSTEELPITS.COM

We love you Tanya... Can't believe you're gone! My crazy friend... who will I talk to now.

Your dogs are fine... they will be fine, I will see to it.
    XOXO
    N-HOK

16. TxDogger

TxDogger Big Dog

RIP.. will be praying for the family and friends.........