1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Any WT Pull Comp. or Club in Ohio

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by D'dizzle, Jul 25, 2006.

1. D'dizzle

D'dizzle Big Dog

I am new to the game and was wanting to see if there is any weight pull competitions and/or clubs in Ohio? I want to start my 10.5 month old male on pulling milk jug or something light weight that makes a noise, as I see that is the best way to start, so I need a harness. What's the best way to buy a harness with him still growing? I guess I would have to end up buying one now and one later. Thanks in advance.

2. kanediggity

kanediggity Big Dog

I know that the apa nationals are going to be in ohio this year around cleveland i believe. and im sure there is other shows before that i just dont know about them. the harness deal really you just have to buy another one, unless like youa re just starting training and at that age he is probably close to the siaze he is going to be (ball park area) i got first harness and it was too big so i just taped up the neck a little bit until it fit right. but once you get into it you will find you will end up with more harness' kind of like it s hard just having one dog lol. hope this helps

robbie

3. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

Yeah you'll have to buy a few harnesses. I can hook you up with several people that make them. It sounds like you on the right path to start with the jug with small rocks in it. We're a club in Texas with branches in three states and members in four. Prodominatley weightpull. PM me for more info.

4. Curea

Curea Pup

I'm Looking for the same info. I wan't to start my girl out soon. i Got a harness from cd pits and love the quality of it. I have her pulling a hiking backpack with 3 stacks of my landscape flyers in it :) she loves to pull. heres the site i got my harness from http://www.itsmysite.com/cdpits/ hope this helps with ur search for a harness.

5. D'dizzle

D'dizzle Big Dog

Thanks, yea I also like the looks of the quality of these harnesses. I will give them a try.

6. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Does Cleveland have BSL? I was just wondering because I'd heard that it does, and just find it a bit odd (well wrong, really) that a dog club would hold an event in a BSL city. But I guess that happens other places, too, like Denver, Ontario, etc.

7. Devin

Devin Pup

I don't know if Cleveland has BSL. But I find that really strange that they would have an event in an area with BSL. I would try to have it in another city so that you wouldn't support an area that doesn't support what you are doing.

8. KingCapo

KingCapo Pup

there is bsl all through ohio ...it was recently found to be unconstitutional out of a cleveland district court , state of ohio vs cohen . ive come to learn all this because the cincinnati police made the decision to seize my male when he was just shy of four months old...stating him as a inherently vicious animal..big bunch of dog crap...they did a behaviour assesment at the ham county spca found him to be one of the most eager attentive obidient and loving pups they had ever seen at four months yet he was still concidered a vicious animal. me and my lawyer had to continue my case until the cohen case was decided and then set it for trial to be dismissed...4 months of puppy prison , but after some lengthy legal sidestepping i got him back,,,,... long tangent but take somthing away from it .. they will not hesitate to draw down while aproaching a 4 month old pup wagging its tail faster than a bull whip, call it vicious and confiscate it ..be carefull with your dogs in ohio