1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone lost a dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by DryCreek, Jun 25, 2010.

1. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

2. brindlexpitt

brindlexpitt Top Dog

that male doesnt look very emaciated to me...

3. AGame

AGame CH Dog

yea that brindle looks good to me :confused:

4. Agree I'm not seeing emaciated.... I've seen emaciated dogs and it is a pitiful sight, there is no question in your mind that something is very wrong with the dog, it isn't something you think "well this dog MIGHT be emaciated"....

The above quote makes me want to scream. No woman, it is not unusual for pit bull owners to chain, kennel, or otherwise secure their dogs not to make them muscular, but imagine this... so that they can rest assured that their dog will not cause harm to anyone else's property.... :rolleyes: What a strange concept, wanting to be responsible for what you own.

5. AGame

AGame CH Dog

These fucking people act as if only pitbulls are chained or some shit hell any responsible dog owner should chain there dog if you live in an area with alot of houses,people,kids and or other dogs. Now if they are ole farm dogs on the farm without houses around and stuff no big deal my dad has never chained a dog unless it was a bulldog all the other farm dogs just stick around the farm and leanred along time ago not to mess with the bulldogs

6. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

That's what I thought. Even though the picture is not the best to judge by, you can see muscle mass that would not be there in an an emaciated dog.

http://www.placervillevet.com/canine%20body%20condition.htm

The above link takes you to a canine body chart.

1. EMACIATED
      Ribs, lumbar vertebrae, pelvic bones and all bony prominences evident from a distance. No discernable body fat. Obvious loss of muscle mass. (Emphasise added)
    I've seen emaciated, it's an extremely obvious condition that takes long term care to reverse and you can still have problems with the dog after getting it back up to weight due to damage done to the dogs system. (Liver, kidney etc...)

I've also seen grossly obese animals with health issues coming out their wazoo.

Society has decided that overweight is healthy for some reason regardless of the damage it causes to a dogs health.

An APBT should look like an athelete. Where is the logic in those that think otherwise?

DryCreek :)

7. Yeah I would say that dog is maybe a 4 on the chart, I think the problem here is people can't wrap their heads around it being ok and normal for a "pit bull" to be 30 lbs.

I do not even see the dog clarifying as a "3" (thin) - I do not see the pelvic bone protruding or the tops of the spine ridge becoming prominent.

Maybe if they bothered to post a picture of the dog alone without another dog standing in front of it we could actually make an accurate judgement - but I'm basically 100% confident in saying that dog is nowhere even near emaciated.

In an emaciated animal every bone protuberance and point is noticeable, right down to the different bumps on the skull. The animal looks like the walking dead for the most part when emaciated, because his/her body has begun to literally eat itself for survival. That is not happening to the dog in this article...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
  8. "Emaciated dog" from news story:

[​IMG]

These are actual emaciated dogs - I think you can see the difference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Emaciated is a world different from slim, trim, thin, or even skinny....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
  9. Declan

Declan Pup

Hi to all, i will searching for this topic well my friend Tim lost his dog on 21 April and it dog was black bull and he lost his dog on taxes would you help me on this please reply me thank for this threat.

10. HighCoastHiker

HighCoastHiker Top Dog

Hey, I'm not going to argue emaciated think or skinny,...but the enlarged photos show a dog that wasn't fed right. Who knows how long after the dog arrived the pic was taken, but three days food and hydration can do wonders, and a close look at the space between the ribs and backbone say a lot, at least to me. Clearly animal control/media are loading the language, as usual, but because we've all seen worse doesn't mean that isn't bad...and since I can't put my hands on the dog and decide for myself,...I'm really in no position to judge word choice or defend the dog's owner.

11. ccourtcleve

ccourtcleve Big Dog

I think that just like you feel you can't judge word choice, they can't randomly pick up dogs and assume they are starved and are from pitbull fighters. The article states that "pitbull owners" chain dogs because they think it makes them more muscular. Hmmm, i chain my dogs for confinement.

3 days will NOT solve emaciated. No matter how you look at it. The male looks fine. He may have even been thin when he was picked up, but whose to say he wasn't just lost for a long period of time??

12. viegas703

viegas703 Top Dog

I aint lose my dog or anything, but damn that brindle looks like my poop.

13. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

the dogs look fine now as for chainin a dog no problem but a 20lbs chain for a 30lbs dog thats more than half his wieght theres no need for a chian tht big

14. DannyDog

DannyDog Pup

@ReleasetheHounds,

Where did you get the image of the emaciated dog on the bricks? I work for the AZ Humane Society and am wondering if we could permission to obtain a high-resolution version of that image use it in a campaign of ours to stop pet overpopulation.

Thanks.

15. They were just linked from google search, they are not images of mine. I was simply comparing the language the news chose to use with what the reality of the word emaciated really means. None of the images belong to me.