1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone own rats?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Blau, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Blau

Blau Big Dog

No, not the terriers.
    I love rats! They're sociable, smart, and clean. Unfortunately, my mother won't even listen to me when I ask her about them lol, the answer is always just "no".

Does anyone on GD own two or more? I've always wanted one, they're gorgeous animals. Too bad they only live for a few years, though.

2. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

I owned three of 'em. They're too "busy" for me and they were males, so they had a smell on them. ;) I'll stick with gerbils and guinea pigs.

3. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

lol i dont have rats but i got scorpions and piranaha whic can eat rats and i got oscars and pacu and senegals plecos whiptailcats lol yea ik alot of fish most of them are in a 125 gallon take i have to get another one tho my piranaha are getting big

4. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

no i have a beagle and an APBT that live in the house to insure i dont have any lol

5. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

LOL :D do they help against flying rats (doves), too?

6. AGame

AGame CH Dog

good old oscars i have owned many of them they to me are like the dogs of the fish world

7. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

o for sure they are amazing fish but you got to have decent size tank and filters very "dirty" fish lol but awsome none the less iv seen some blue and white ones awsome but i go an albino and a black tiger

8. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Awwr haha, I don't think I could feed a rat to anything. Mice maybe, but rats are too sweet.

9. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

lol i dont think ive met a sweet rat but then again i havent met that many rats mostly mice but hey who knows most rats ive met were disease carrying vermon lol

10. Blau

Blau Big Dog

Pet rats are actually quite clean, and extremely smart :p

11. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

Never have understood why people want to keep things most people pay other people to get rid of as pets....Guess it is just a different time.

Rats carry to many diseases and things of that nature for my liking, I see them at petsmart and such being sold and I look at them and just can't even imagine keeping one and caring for it.

To me they are up there with snakes, Lots of folks love to keep snakes but I just can't oblige one of those either. I do like fish and certain reptiles but I will stick with the dogs, My fish and my bird.

12. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

I have snakes and they love rats

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

that 125 gal aint gonna last you long with JUST A PACU, much less all the others without stuntin em!

14. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

rats are disgusting creatures!

15. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

No rats, did have gerbils when I was younger. Had a few monster oscars and a huge pleco from '07 till just a few months ago but now I've downsized to plakat bettas. Couldn't be bothered with water changes anymore. They were great fish though although plakats have personality themselves.

16. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i used to have a pacu but then i killed em in a water change, along with a peacock bass and a few others! but its kool cuz it made more room for my RTC and Clown knife!

17. BA08/15

BA08/15 Big Dog

when it comes down to two-legged rats, then I fully agree with you ;)

18. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Big Dog

No rats just Pythons and about 40+ tarantulas and a scorpion and a very big Centipede about 9 inches plus Named Frenzy.. oh and dogs;)

19. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

ik im looking for a bigger tank and if the piranaha dont grow to fast im gon put them into that one and move the rest of the fish

20. NMWAPBT

NMWAPBT Top Dog

your my kind of guy midnight cowboy