1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Anything About California Jack

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by GBandy, Apr 9, 2009.

1. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Theres good bolio in ca too. Not bred the same as jacks.... It might be hard to get though if you dont know anyone with it.

2. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

good luck in your search gb. i think it's always a good idea to see the health tests on the sire and dam as well as the pup, on any pup you get, no matter who it's from. i hope you find what you're looking for.

3. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

C.J is like anyone else that is, has been, or was involved in the game, you name a dogman and there will be people out there talking sh*t about said person, just the way life is.... haters will always hate. C.J. could be a real deal source for information (wether it's of his own words or someone elses) he is very knowlegable, but you have to take his word and the words of just about anyone involved in these dogs you arn't close to with a grain of salt. To say his dogs are shit is a mis-informed opinion. His dogs come from a more solid foundation then most people in the general public can aquire. I talk with him from time to time but he isn't someone I would let close to me.

4. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

while his dogs may come from solid lines, that doesn't mean he has solid dogs. there's more to a dog than the line he comes from. that's why many of the dogs today who have great peds aren't worth their feed. there's got to be a great dogman behind a great dog to make it work, and good culling practices. otherwise, all it boils down to is breeding for paper.

5. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I agree to an extent, I just don't agree with bashing someone who isn't here to defend himself and although you have some great points after reading how you write compared to how he writes, if he were here to defend himself he would probally give you a verbal bashing, this whole subject comes down to the well known phrase Good dogs are where you find them. His dogs have (FACT) produced some good dogs. maybe not the percents one wants, but he has produced all the same............

6. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

the last time i talked to him i didn't receive a verbal bashing. the man may have a way with words, but that only makes it easier for him to con people. someone on here wanted some info, i obliged. the fact remains that i'm tired of him taking advantage of those who are less experienced and calling himself some kind of great dogman. all the while reproducing diseased substandard dogs. from what i'm to understand this is a public forum. he's welcome to come here and take me to the pit. the most likely reason he doesn't is, he knows what i know, who i know, and how i know it. i'm not one to put anyone's business out there for the world to view, but he's the one who put himself above everyone else. anyone can produce "some" good dogs. the true test is consistently producing and proving your good dogs. yes, good dogs are where you find them, and sometimes you have to look past someone's eloquence. i know many dogmen with no more than a high school education. they may not have such an extended vocabulary as ca joke, but they do have proven dogs that throw great dogs. car salesman and realtors are also great with words, doesn't mean people should just go out and buy any lemon they come across. ones ability on the internet has nothing to do with their capabilities as dogmen.

7. GBandy

GBandy Big Dog

Thanks PRP, just taking the opprtunity to get more info from a public forum. I take what I choose and make my own decisions. and like I said just to reiterate, I didn't ask the questions to bash or talk any ish. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions...Right?

8. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

If the man puts out good dogs,great...If his dogs are infected with disease that can pass on, he should have them put down.one thing we all can agree on is if a person is selling diseased dogs its all about the money..if you disagree, you should be culled too and have your dogs taken...

9. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

why are you so worried what he charges for pups. ever hear the phrase you get what you pay for? should he just give quality pups away? anyone can charge whatever they want for the pups they sell. some kennels charge 3x that amount. if you dont like the price check the classifieds for a pup.
    you were saying jack was a glorified peddler so i used garner as an example of what most would consider a peddler. he puts out 10x as many pups in a year compared to jack but hardly ever gets any flack for it.
    there seems to be only one person here who is saying he sells unhealthy pups. i have never heard of anyone that has one of his dogs saying they were sick in any way. as a matter of fact a friend of mine has one off his yard and the dog is healthy. as a matter of fact he has just sired his second litter and the pups are doing great.
    yes its your responsibility to do research on a pup but if you keep going to message boards for your answers where the majority of people do not like Jack then you will never really learn what you want to know. either go to the source for your answers or just look elsewhere. its pretty simple.

10. TheVictor22

TheVictor22 CH Dog

I'm currious about him and his dogs too. Those Vice Grip dogs look right.

Vic

11. I love the Vise-Grip stuff I happily feed it (and none of my dogs are sick).

12. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

well have your dogs tested for babesia and see how you feel then.

13. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

hmmm, alot of info to soak in.One noteworthy point is that Little D isn't very much older than a year, has been bred and is for sale.I don't know the man, so I know nothing about him for certain, but if I had to make an educated guess based on what HE provides on his site, I would have to say PEDDLER.

14. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

yeah, this thread has opened my eyes alittle. i ll admit, i knew VERY little about babesia

15. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

well if you want to know more you just let me know. i dont mind.

16. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

She has not been bred yet. The breeding is on the drawing board, meaning he is contemplating it but has not been done.

17. mseebran

mseebran Big Dog

he is contemplating breeding her based on what?

Don't get me wrong , I'm not saying he shouldn't breed her, I just wanna know why he wants to? Another reason i ask is that if she is good enough to be bred then why is she for sale??

18. Bxpits

Bxpits CH Dog

i spoke to the man 2 times seems helpful and knows his stuff.
    because of the past history though i would like to see test results from
    his dam and sire before i buy a pup. i like the way some of his dogs look
    and i like the smaller dogs but its not a risk im willing to make.
    this is why its always good to have potential breeders health tested....

19. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

well im going to say it is most likely to preserve the screamer blood as well as dirty diamond who was double poncho. as far as why she is for sale..im sure he has his reasons for that too.

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

CJ should have just worked that "otis jr" blood them J.D dogs are off the wall add to it some nelson blood and you wont want nothing else lol..