1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

apbt/platterdale terrier cross

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by wisconsindog, Apr 29, 2006.

1. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

do u think this could work yes and no and whys please

2. prettyfulpitbull

prettyfulpitbull Bullylover06

Got a pic of both breeds next to each other?

3. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

What would be the point of mixing the two? You seem hooked up on creating mutts.

I believe it has been done before, but I don't know the results. Both breeds are driven, tenacious dogs with their own qualities.

4. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

& for prettyful,

[​IMG]
    Patterdale Terrier

[​IMG]

APBT

5. findrodhere

findrodhere Top Dog

wisconsin, you must be looking for the holy grail of dogs, man. Try it, i doubt you'll produce anything of any merit.

*Edit* and if the litter is no good, would you be able to find the mixes homes for the next 10-15 years?

6. that dog would be ugly

7. GSDbulldog

GSDbulldog CH Dog

Cause we all know it's about looks. . .

8. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

9. Aceman

Aceman Big Dog

just for thought sake,,anyone ever seen a APBT bread with a Boxer????i,m wondering what that would look like????

10. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

Seen It A Few Times
    And They Look Like More Under Bitin Apbt

11. B

B CH Dog

Is there a reason why you can't understand that people breed these dogs a certain way because it works? For thousands of years this breed has developed into what it is today. I've never seen a single post of yours that gives me any confidence you have a half a change to improve ANY breed. Why are you set on breeding mutts, crossing show dogs with gamebred dogs, and overall just coming up with the most asnine ideas I've ever heard? How are you improving this breed by experimenting with unknown dogs and crosses? From the sounds of it I don't think you should be breeding any dog, let alone an APBT. Let's keep your pipe dream crossbreedings to yourself. I would hate for a guest or newbie to read your post and think anyone else thinks about this type of stuff.

Regards,

B

12. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

13. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

I Am Not Gonna Breed Them I Jsut Wanna No Differnt Veiws On It Shit If They Were Not Apbts I Would Not Breed Them I Just Think Alot Of Ppl Do And Some Of The Hybrids Have To Work In A Good Breeding Program

14. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I've seen a Pitterpat. Actually not a bad-looking little dog, and a hell of a puller. But, I'm still fundamentally against deliberately crossing breeds, unless you're really going to go the distance and make another breed.

15. wisconsindog

wisconsindog Big Dog

i agree with u on that

16. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Thank you B. Again, I agree wholeheartedly.

Wisconsin, I am tired of hearing about the endless breeding of mutts, especially when everyday for the past 4 years, I had to euthanize many of mutts like those you are purposefully breeding b/c of termperment issues, health issues, lack of a home, idiotic owners who let them get out of control, etc. I'm tired of cleaning up after other people's messes all because they want to play scientist in the breeding of "new & rare" kinds of dogs.

You constent persistence in "improving" the APBT by combining it with breeds such as the Akita & God knows what else really makes me wonder if you truly love the breed, or you love the name "American Pit Bull Terrier" & the ego trip it gives someone to say they are a owner & breeder of such dogs.

17. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

Good Patterdale breeders are just as hardcore as the most serious game-dog breeder.

What is the reason for the breeding? If it is just to "look cool" then that would be an outrage to the fanciers of two of the greatest working breeds in the world.

Both these breeds should only be bred for working ability. And NO Ethical Patterdale breeder will sell you a dog to cross to a Pitbull. And the reverse is true as well.

Oh well, I don't doubt you can find what PASSES for a Patterdale and what passes for a Pitbull and breed the two, for whatever strange reason you seem to want to make the wierd, badly thought out breedings you seem obbsessed with.

14rock likes this.
  18. J M A N

J M A N Big Dog

I personally disagree with crossing pits with anything else. Most of the dog related horror stories we hear about come from pit crosses but since it looks like a pit, the pit gets the blame.

Too me.....there is no other dog.

19. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

If the APBT isn't good enough for you just the way it is perhaps you need to find another breed all together. This breed does not need to be mixed with ANY thing to make it the perfect dog, it already is, anything else is inferiour.

Vicki and Marty like this.
  20. Marty

Marty Guest

I agree 100%, reps to you ;)