1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Are they too skinny??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by lovemybull, Mar 2, 2012.

1. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

I have been hearing nothing but crap from my husband's family about my mutts being emaciated...while I am trying to put a couple lbs on my male, I think the female looks ok. But I would like your opinions. They eat 2 cups of TOTW daily. I just upped my male's intake to 4 cups. They get sardines twice a week and some raw egg once in a while. My female is very high energy and seems if she ate a bag of food a day she wouldn't gain. Thanks for the help.
    100_6108.jpg 100_6087.jpg 100_6110.jpg 100_6105.jpg 100_6093.jpg

2. dutchy954

dutchy954 Big Dog

they dont look fat in my opinion. and 4 cups is a lot of totw.

3. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

i know. i only upped it because i want to get a few pounds on him and it seems like with 3 cups it wasn't doing it. they are wormed monthly, so i know its not that.

4. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

They look good to me

5. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

thank you bluedog

6. dickdog

dickdog Pup

they look nice 2 me to r they inside house dogs ,,,the only time i fattin mine up is in the winter when they need it..

7. coach

coach Big Dog

Not damn thing wrong...there many body varieties and genetics plays a part.They are also high calorie burning dogs.The more muscle the dog has the more calories it burns so our mutts seem to some "to lean"when in reality they are perfectly fine

8. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Looks fine to me

9. CBRSALT

CBRSALT Big Dog

I agree. Just right. My wife and sis n law said d same bout mine and started givn em 5 or so doggy treats to "fatten" em up. Ive since started leavn d treats n my car and taking them to work with me. After many mths shes finally accepted I do the feeding cuz she was makn em fat. Live and learn no matter how much u preach. I still think she sneakn food cuz ive cut their feed to get em back ready for summer but no change in weight. Thats spouses for ya.

10. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Its funny how some people can view a Fat/Obese person as unhealthy and a skinny person as healthy YET the same people will view a fat dog as healthy and a skinny dog as unhealthy, go figure LMAO.

11. preme

preme CH Dog

Great post ^^ they look fine ..

12. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Look good. Pics are inside,white is white. I'd bet they're inside dogs Dick.

13. coondog4

coondog4 Pup

You should see our hounds. They are track and tree dogs not lay on the porch dogs. When a dog runs, on average, 300 miles a week... they ain't gonna be chubby cake eaters lol!

14. lovemybull

lovemybull Big Dog

Thanks guys for the replies. Yes Dick, they are inside dogs. If I had a big enough yard, they would be outdoor dogs tho. Funny, because the crap I get is from people who let their Husky walk around with severe hip displasia and something else was wrong with her and didn't take her to the vet until she was puking blood. I also showed them pics of some of my favorite bulldogs on here and they said they looked disguising. I know I shouldn't give a shit what idiots think, but I am very passionate about the breed (tho mine are mutts) and know I take good care of mine.

15. SacRedboyOwner

SacRedboyOwner Top Dog

People say stuff like that when they don't know what a real pit looks like. Don't worry about what they say and take care of your mutts.

16. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

I personally don't get the hatred towards people who allow their dogs to live inside. Living inside =/= lazy, fat, etc.
    Personally, I'd rather be an inside dog if I were a dog right now. It's fuckin snowin out right now and it's March! :P

17. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

Lol I don't know but all 4 of my crazy hooligan's live inside some days I want to throw them right out though. But my dogs are not fat either they are not over fed and they get exercise daily. It's wrong to keep an animal obese and underworked. But look at how parents let their kids eat damn shame these kids now adays eat garbage and sit on their asses all day long playing video games. America's values are all fucked up.

18. Bluedog

Bluedog Big Dog

Agreed, I can't stand the dogowners who own dogs and don't work em. Dogs were created and selectively bred from the very beginning to work!!!
    I'll never understand the people who don't regularly walk or work their dogs, it's such a fun, rewarding activity.

19. olrts

olrts Banned

nice joke hahahaha, America ever had Values?????

Back2Topic

I think the dogs dont look too skinny, maybe a little bit fat for my opinion, but never too skinny

20. raman781

raman781 Pup

Some dogs will always look skinny, Just like some people.
    I have a dog that looks skinny but, his bowl always has food in it. Even when I give him chicken, he only eats until he feels full and then leaves the rest in the bowl.
    I would ask the inlaws what they are comparing your dogs too? Are they slightly overweight?