1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Are we all a bunch of hypocrits?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by doginhold, Dec 21, 2011.

1. versatile

versatile Big Dog

nice.....i wish more people understood this.

2. versatile

versatile Big Dog

i would never keep a dog i had to worry about biting me. first off, i'm going to instill that fear/respect/admiration for me when it's a puppy.

3. versatile

versatile Big Dog

hand raising let him tell bolero where he wanted her to hit. that would be the hands down biggest advantage of all. if the dog knows where to hit on command and believes in its owner it would obey commands and achieve immediate results.

4. versatile

versatile Big Dog

even if i got one from someone else i would give it a week and take it for a walk everyday. if it still tried to get me it would be over.

5. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

then maybe gamedogs are not the dogs for you. a high drive/ability gamedog is a dangerous animal. if you try to dominate (instill fear/respect/admiration/whatever) a gamedog you have failed at understanding them.

You don't make gamedogs respect you - You learn to repect them.

6. benthere

bolero would have been bolero in any good dogman's hands. its all in the breeding.

7. benthere

i've had some dogs take MONTHS to come around before i could even touch them let alone take them for a walk!

8. versatile

versatile Big Dog

to each his own, i said give it a week.

9. versatile

versatile Big Dog

i believe bolero is one of the top four girls ever, but i also believe if a dog had been trained on what spots to hit on command. it would be 2 vs 1 in the pit and that dog would have an advantage.

10. versatile

versatile Big Dog

when the puppy pisses in the house i smack it and tell it no. that alone does everything i mentioned (fear, respect, admiration, respect). it doesn't make your dog less a dog.

11. Boze

Boze Top Dog

thats ur opinion and that is fine but if i want my dog to do certain thgibgs then it will do certain things. if i dont want the dog to jump on me then i will teachg him not to, if i want the dog not to pull then i will teach him not to. now let me say none of these things bother me at all i let my dogs pull and i never correct them for showing aggression towards another dog. but believe me when i tell my dogs to stop doing something they do it if you believve that training a game dog will break its spirit then that dog was not that game to begin with. personally i dont care about certain things especially if they are out door dogs, but rules are rules i can go to anyone of my dogs while they erating and grab there food now if you cant do thatr i am sorry, look at macho buck and tell his owner he does not understand game dogs that dog and most of his dogs are around little kids babies and ppl all the time his dogs arer well rounded athletes. only in the seventies and eighties did ppl start thinking these out of control dogs were game changers, do what u wiull with your dogs but dont think for a second because mine do what i ask that they are gonna be less dog lmmfao at that way of thinking

12. Boze

Boze Top Dog

i doubt that and i bvet her owner would doubt that to.

13. benthere

Where did I say anything about training a dog breaking it's spirit??!!!!

14. benthere

This is the best post on this thread.

15. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

If your breeding game-dogs than keeping a man biter is acceptable because dog men know these dogs better than anyone they know how to properly care for, contain, and handle them without their knowledge being passed down to us pet owners or those who choose to take the high road and work their dogs legally wouldn't have a clue about raising APBTs. Do I condone pet owners or show breeders breeding man biters? No because we have no use for a dog like that. But playing devils advocate if I were matching hounds back when times were good and I knew I had a dog who could whoop some ass and was an all around champ in the box there is no way I would put that dog down lol and if I got my ass bit up well that was the choice I made to keep that dog alive the object of the game is to win you can't win if you don't gamble. BTW Chinaman was an excite Biter Tom himself confirmed this he was not a flat out man eater. If you want to confirm this contact Tom garner yourself and he will tell you chinaman was not a man eater.

16. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

I dont mind a man biter iv had em dog sited some that hated me been bit some.with no kids here and it containd no problem.Now the problem is you got1 then 2 then there all man eaters ive seen it.Then some people will peddle them sell one to someone that turns and peddles it.

17. BullDawg

BullDawg Big Dog

[​IMG] Originally Posted by Julez [​IMG]
    The fastest race horse doesn't get recognition and breeding rights because he nuzzles his jockey ever so gently and whinnys for a sugar cube.. just saying....

good post, and get your point but, APBT's and horses= apples and oranges imo. several dogmen will tell you if they could house their dogs they would. in one of Stratton's books, he says ..."if the dogs are exposed to a life as a house pet will they still be *fighters? Yes, they will. In fact, they will be even better than they would otherwise, for their intelligence has been allowed to reach it's full potential, and there is something about being a house dog that gives a pit dog even more confidence in himself than he would have had otherwise".
    *for historical purposes, only

so, call it a bond, or the building blocks of creating a more confident, intelligent dog, or whatever you will. but there again, these are all only opinions. so, do what works for you.

18. benthere

The point of Julez post was that like racehorses, they (well most aren't anymore) are performance animals bred for performance and it is the ones who perform the best that are bred regardless of temperament.
    As far as being raised in the house goes, sure it may give a dog more experience & self-confidence but it doesn't make them any more intelligent. Intelligence is innate. It also makes them more territorial and far more inclined to bite people than dogs raised on chains.

19. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

I've also seen this to be true. Especially with moving one from the house to the chain.

Most likely the only one it's going to benefit is the owner and his confidence. Doesn't make bringing your dog in the house a bad thing. Just not exactly a deciding factor.

20. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Damn no one responded to ya post so it made me force my hand , all I can say is WRONG!!!! LOL