1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Assault Weapons Ban

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by deepsouth, Feb 26, 2009.

1. cheese

cheese Top Dog

"handguns are for fighting your way to your rifle"

2. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I take back what I origionally wrote. After doing all of 10 min of research it doesn't seem that many people die from assault rifles. In a way to me it seems like over kill for a regular person to own one but at the same time noone really dies from them so like others have said it won't effect deaths each year and if bad guys want them they will get them.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  3. spaceghost

spaceghost Big Dog

Hells bells, do realize if you take out where you talk about your dog in the last post and put in gun, it would still get the same point across? I would expect people on this forum to understand the plight of the "assault weapons" enthusiast better than most because of the interchangeability or likeness of our two passions.

We are Americans. Why should any of us stand by an let someone else's rights be taken away just because we aren't effected? Freedom is about having a choice, taking away our choices is taking away our freedom. For someone who doesn't think there is a need for semi-autos in everyday life, who are you to say that? What if someone came to you and said "you don't need eight pit bulls on your yard?" If they do win the fight in taking away guns, they are just going to move on to the next thing. Maybe banning all big SUV's because of energy conservation. Will that effect you then?

You want change? How about less government? How about people being responsible for their own actions? LET ME FAIL, but if I don't let me prosper!

4. cheese

cheese Top Dog

Hell Bell- It was not a personal attack. You some what hinted in a previous post that bsl was comparable to gun control. I simply articulated that idea.
    If you want to talk about the logistics of what guns are used when.... well ok. What gun platform does SWAT use? Ar15. They do their fightin up close and personal;)
    Are troops in the middle east are fighting in urban settings.... M4(military version of ar15)
    Boston Bully- im very happy for you. No one wishes for a gun fight but i dont see your point. If you want examples of people defending their homes with a gun open the newspaper:confused:

5. bulldog426

bulldog426 Big Dog

if they do ban guns criminals will still have them, and the honest people won't be able to defend themselves. and i have 2 sks's one has a 50 round clip, and i just like to have them just to go out and shoot, ammo was really cheap a couple months ago, now they are going up, and i loved to be able to go and pay 3 dollars for a box of ammo, fully load the 50 round clip, and waste some rounds. guess i need to go buy whatever clips i want now. and guess now is the time to buy up any ammo you will need for a long time, before the prices go up any more.

6. WWII

WWII Banned

An interesting tidbit to think about is what Eric Holder had to say about the issue. He said Obama would like to pursue a Clinton-like ban on "assault weapons" because it would help MEXICO:eek:. Somehow banning our guns will stop them fom going to these drug cartels. No where in the Constitution have I read that the government can take away a God given right to help out another country.

A lot of people don't see the "need" for anyone to have a hi-cap gun. Well, we can just apply this logic to everything else in life. Why have a car when a bike could do the same thing? Why have decent clothes when a robe would do the same thing? The only difference is the right to bear arms is protected by the constitution. Cars and clothes are not.

The AWB under Clinton was based almost purely on cosmetic features. I guess somehow having a folding stock or pistol grip made the gun kill more people???? They also couldn't have bayonet lugs due to all the gang stabbings happing with them.:rolleyes: These weapons are also not easily converted to full-auto. If you're dumb enough to try it, you get whatever Darwin award you deserve. Plus, good luck explaining yourself if you get caught.

Here are some funny vids on people making these guns laws.

What is a barrel shroud?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo

Incidenary round = heat seeking:rolleyes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ

I made a mistake earlier. The AWB did not end in 2000. It ended in 2004, which reinforces the argument that banning them makes no difference, and to much more of an extent. Also, Lou Dobbs talks about Eric Holder and his asinine ideas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAD2eJD5Xbo

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
  7. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Nope I hate SUV's, I prefer to drive small sporty cars. Regular Trucks are ok because hey, sometimes you need a truck to haul things. I would never own an SUV, they are too big and they make me nervous to drive. :p

But yeah I see the point you are making. But understand this... while my dog's bark may stop an intruder from entering my house... if you don't have a dog or your dog is not a barker.. and the intruder already breaks a window, door whatever to get in.. they don't know you have a gun or not. So they are going to take their chances. I'm not saying no one should be allowed to own guns. I'm just saying... do citizens really need assault weapons? Perhaps your barking dog isn't a good enough deterrent and they still choose to break in, at least you will be better prepared to grab the gun because you heard your dog go off for no reason in the middle of the night. Wouldn't you want your dog to sound the alarm while your reaching for your pistol?

8. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Dogs have there place for sure.A dog is a good alarm.I have them at the front and back doors both.I would much rather wake up to a barking dog and have a little time to get the gun.I wouldn't need alot though since I keep a 12 gauge shotgun and AR15 beside the bed.My guns aren't going to harm anybody unless they're dumb enough to try and rip me off.If someone is stupid enough to break in my house they deserve whatever happens.

9. WWII

WWII Banned

It's already nearly impossible for any average citizen to get an assault weapon. First you need to fill out the forms and pay the tax stamp, then wait weeks or even months to get it, then pay another $10-20K for the weapon itself. Hardly what someone that is gonna commit a crime is willing to do.

Now, if you are talking about what liberals call assault weapons, that is different. First, can you show me how an AK47 will kill someone deader than a 1911?

10. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Does your state have Okla's similar (make my day) laws when an intruder enters your house.. you can shoot to kill if you feel your life is in danger.

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

If you feel threatened[in fear or yours or someone else's life]then deadly force is justified.If I see someone in my house that's not supposed to be there,then he'll be pretty lucky not to end up with a few new holes he didn't have when he came in..I'm normally a nice guy but there is only so much a guy should have to put up with and someone breaking into their home shouldn't be one of them.

12. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Well I'm sure we all agree upon that. :)

13. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

Do Citizens NEED to have a sports car that goes ove 75mph ??? Thats the max speed you can drive so you dont NEED any thing that will go over that. Do citizens NEED pitbulls (Its after 1976 Citizens no longer need them) Do citizens need to have a suv Its only america they dont need them let the kids ride in a little minivan that uses less fule. All the CITIZENS NEED to do is PAY,PAY,PAY and live there lives just how the new gov says. DO YOU SEE MY POINT???? just though you THINK we dont NEED them it is our right to own them.. I dont think any one should be able to vote unless you can pass a test. And If OBAMA really wanted to help our f-in work force He would put the contractors in Jail that puts the illeagles to work and give us our jobs back.And stop making new laws that dont help a damn thing.

14. brindle

brindle Big Dog

I saw this on another forum... scary stuff indeed!

-------------------------------------

If you want more information on this, just Google Blair
    > Holt.
    >
    >
    >
    > OBAMA REGIME ALREADY GOING FOR PRIVATELY OWNED FIREARMS !
    >
    > Just what we need!
    >
    > Here they come, ready or not. Feel the water getting warmer
    > ?
    >
    > Are you ready for the House Bill titled 'HR 45,
    > Blair Holt Licensing and Record Act of 2009'. It will
    > make it illegal to own a firearm unless it is registered
    > with the database in Washington D.C. As a gun owner you
    > will have to be finger printed, you will be required to
    > provide your DL#, SS#, you must maintain a valid address at
    > all times, submit to mental and physical health
    > records being put on file, you will also be required to
    > file any address changes and any ownership changes even if a
    > private sale. Each update will cost $25 and if you fail to
    > comply you will lose your right to own firearms. This bill
    > and its language mirror almost completely one defeated last
    > year in the House of Representatives by soon to be Chief of
    > Staff Rahm Emanuel. Will we the citizenry be as lucky this
    > time?
    >
    > Pass this on to everyone who believes in strict
    > Constitutionalism and remember that laws only apply to those
    > who obey them. Criminals by definition and nature do not
    > abide by laws. New laws and restrictions only apply to the
    > law abiding citizen and are not written with the criminal in
    > mind. With guns, it is not about having laws on the books to
    > prosecute individuals, it is about taking
    > guns away from the people so that no one has them in the
    > first place. One last item to note, when assuming power and
    > creating a facist state, Hitler was a proponent of strong
    > gun laws because a disarmed populace was much easier to
    > control than an armed one. The kings of old also outlawed
    > weapons of any kind in any region that they conquered to
    > quell the ability of the citizens to uprise against them.
    >
    > The Founding Fathers of this nation understood all of
    > the above and because of this they included the second
    > amendment in the constitution. In fact, they knew that at
    > some point in every society's life span that the need
    > for the population to arise came about. To this end they
    > made the right to keep and bear arms against a tyrannical
    > state an absolute right that could not be revoked.
    > They did this because the first thing tyrants and despots
    > do is to remove a population's right to defend
    > themselves When this is done, the tyrants have no problem
    > with the destruction of society as we know it.
    >
    > Send this on to all true patriots! Protect your
    > Second Amendment!
    >
    > The following is a summary of the bill as provided by
    > the Congressional Research Service. If you read the whole
    > bill, you'll find it will effectively preclude the
    > ownership of ANY firearms by law-abiding people unless
    > licensed by the Attorney General. How long do you think THAT
    > would take??
    > Congressional Research Service Summary
    > The following summary was written by the
    > Congressional Research Service, a well-respected nonpartisan
    > arm of the Library of Congress. GovTrack did not write and
    > has no control over these summaries.
    > 1/6/2009--Introduced.
    > Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale
    > Act of 2009 - Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention
    > Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless
    > that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act
    > or a state system certified under this Act and such license
    > has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license
    > application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
    > Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying
    > firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms
    > license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a
    > tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer
    > reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the
    > Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record
    > of sale system.
    > Prohibits: (1) transferring a firearm to any person
    > other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed
    > through a licensed dealer in accordance with national
    > instant criminal background check system requirements, with
    > exceptions;
    > (2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to
    > comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of
    > this Act;
    > (3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to
    > the Attorney General within 72 hours;
    >
    > (4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address
    > change within 60 days; or
    > (5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and
    > ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly
    > disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining
    > access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or
    > serious bodily injury.
    > Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of
    > firearms provisions covered by this Act.
    > Directs the Attorney General to: (1) establish and
    > maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse; (2)
    > conduct continuing studies and investigations of
    > firearm-related deaths and injuries; and (3) collect and
    > maintain current production and sales figures of each
    > licensed manufacturer. Authorizes the Attorney
    > General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale
    > systems.
    >
    >
    >
    > Pleased be advised and pass this along: House Bill HR 45,
    > Blair Holt Licensing and Record Act of 2009
    > Will, in my opinion, be the first of 2 or 3 steps toward
    > confiscation of privately owned firearms.
    >
    > You can follow the sequence as it already happened in
    > Canada and the UK. First the government needs to register
    > the guns so they will know where to find them !

15. brindle

brindle Big Dog

And take a look at this site:

http://faultlineusa.blogspot.com/2009/02/gungrabbers-are-coming-for-your-guns.html

Plus look what is proposed for ammunition:

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009
    It has already started....

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.

Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.)

They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama , Arizona , California , Connecticut , Hawaii , Illinois , Indiana , Kentucky , Maryland , Mississippi , Missouri , New Jersey , New York , Pennsylvania , Rhode Island , South Carolina , Tennessee , and Washington .

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

16. TripleJ

TripleJ CH Dog

I told everyone that voted for him they were letting the fox in the hen house. BUT NO hes "Change" Yea Change for the worst yall need to wake up our counrty is going to hell in a hand basket and all I hear is how great it is to have a leader that is black. Well let me tell you hes white also but more so he is just a smothe talker that doesnot meen any thing good ,look at every thing that he is doing for Real not just glance but really look. Hell he has allready broke my kids and grand kids future in less than 2 months. Now he will out law anything that he and his COMMIE group doens not like or understand. WAKE UP. IMPEACH HIM BEFORE ITS TO LATE.. Do you really want to be ruled with an Iron fist.

17. forty6mantis

forty6mantis Big Dog

DEFINITELY on the pricey thing. it was either spend it on buying my lady another purse or on my toys. since she has like 30 purses, i spent it on myself. hahahaha. besides there isn't anything good you can get in california that i don't already or have had. honestly though, i'm thinking of selling it because i think it's way to short for any good use and i don't own a ranch so it's useless as a ranch gun. the full size m1a is much more fun and usefull in my opinion. the socom: well it looks cool.

18. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Someone sent this to me today so I thought I'd share it. Not sure about the accuracy of the history section though, maybe someone can confirm it.

I don't carry a gun to kill people.
    I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people.
    I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid
    I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil
    I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry.
    I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone.
    I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy.
    I carry a gun because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man.
    I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate.
    I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it.
    I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police Protection is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves
    Police do not protect you from crime, they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
    ------------------------------
    In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
    Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated
    China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated
    Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    ---- ------------- -------------
    Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
    -----------------------------
    Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.
    It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own Government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort, and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

If you value your freedom, please spread this anti-gun control message to all of your friends.

The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.

SWITZERLAND ISSUES EVERY HOUSEHOLD A GUN! SWITZERLAND 'S GOVERNMENT TRAINS EVERY ADULT THEY ISSUE A RIFLE.. SWITZERLAND HAS THE LOWEST GUN RELATED CRIME RATE OF ANY CIVILIZED COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!

IT'S A NO BRAINER! DON'T LET OUR GOVERNMENT WASTE MILLIONS OF OUR TAX DOLLARS IN AN EFFORT TO MAKE ALL LAW ABIDING CITIZENS AN EASY TARGET.[/font]

I'm a firm believer of the 2nd Amendment!
    Along with the Constitution and the entire Bill of Rights!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  19. Marty

Marty Guest

Hope you don't mind me sharing your post ;)

20. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Not at all! ;)