1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Awful shrieking noise

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by PitNJ75, Jul 29, 2010.

1. RandR

RandR Pup

one of my dogs is a screamer, she was my first and I made sure to take her to a well known dogman in the area to get some help with her after she started killing smaller animals in our yard ( a smalish hog, a kitten and a full grown cat) even on leash. He told me it was all about her drive and her desire to fight which was not a bad thing just her nature so we got a firm grip on her and all I do now is maintain control in all situations. it would be 100 % my fault if she ever got loose and hurt someones pet . I have utmost respect for some on this site that believe in management above all else.

2. The screaming or shreaking is the normal behavior in the APBT. Growling is not normal behavior in the APBT, at least not when it comes to another dog. If your dog is choking when it pulls it means you are not using a wide enough collar. If the pulling bothers you or you can't control the dog it's best to pick it up in your arms and walk in the opposite direction of the other dog.

3. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

It depends on the growling and barking. A lot of apbts will bark and growl out of frustration, especially if the other dog is walking away and they are being restrained.

4. mlmaas

mlmaas Top Dog

my dog sings.... an the off-leash note, when i go out with one of the dogs, i'm packin somethin that starts with a 4.

5. blackbisquit

blackbisquit Banned

hahaha your something funny :D:p
    i drink my coffee and almost i can clean my shit again:p

6. Herway

Herway Pup

I owned a screamer for 13 years. I don't know why but I really miss that shriek now

7. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

My cold dog is the screamer. Its the silent, calm one you've got to watch out for. ;)

8. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Yup. Same here.......

9. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Yep, outa the two I have had it working out like this. unfortunately the quiet one is RIP. I miss her alot, she was a good dog.