1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

axle thoughts

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by islander671, Feb 24, 2014.

Tags:
  1. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Elias, You were the one talking about pointless comments, wasn't you? LMAO

2. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Yea I see he came back tree! Now AGK will have to clean this thread up again bfore the end of the day !lol

3. treezpitz

LOL you aint lyin bama....I'm just confused, I thought he only had "knowledgeable" comments to add. Talking all kinds of shit about the same shit he's known for doing LOL!!

4. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Yea I had agk working overtime a few nights ago so I'll keep it clean lol. But hell Yea I wouldn't mind a crack head proof set up, if its crack head proof then that means it should be pretty hard for anything to get up, crackheads are crafty as hell

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

lmao aint that the truth...hey they busted one here for cutting up the train tracks with a torch..broad daylight lmao

6. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Hey man like rick James said cocaine is a helluva drug! They will do anything to get that next $20

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

7. bushwick

bushwick Big Dog

Bed frame stake

[​IMG]

8. treezpitz

If that works for you bushwick then more power to ya but I wouldn't trust that.

9. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Like I said I use something similar, but with 4 pivoting anchors welded to the stake. I haventbhad probs with it but without anchors I wouldn't trust

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

10. bushwick

bushwick Big Dog

It's been working on all of my chain spots that arent on an axles for several years now. I just dug one up this morning to change out one that I knew had a C link instead of a 5/16 lap link attached to the bed frame. The bedframe had no wear on it and minimal rust so I know the hardware holds up.
    Now the issue of them pulling one up is a matter of simple physics. They are on a 10 foot chain so that would mean they would have to jump 10 feet straight up in the air to hit the bedframe thats a foot under ground at the right "vertical" angle to even get the stake to start moving.
    So basically it is impossible to pull one up. because no dog can vertically jump high with enough force to dislodge the stake from the ground.

11. treezpitz

I just wouldn't feel comfortable using a bed frame, that's it. If you're fine with it then so am I. Just a comment that I wouldn't trust it.

12. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I got one that'll put a test to that 10 foot theory lol

Sincerely Yours, Cajun

13. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

In theory huh? LMAO....Since 96? Thats a short period of time try 70's LOL. Even Rebar constantly exposed to moisture will eventually rust and break and those are facts son LOL.

14. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

If you havent tried the earth anchor method then yes, its your theory, i have yet to see proof. Doing it this way for the last 2 decades without any of the issues you say happen is my proof....

15. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

WTF???....if it happened its NOT a theory LMAO Just because it never happened to you or you've never experienced it dont mean it cant happen LMAO.

Really old and rusted steel/metal break all the time in construction or any type of heavy duty labor equipment hence why accidents happen when you are using old rusted faulty equipment and those are just facts and proof that metal/steel when rusted enough WILL break under pressure LMAO.

16. AGK

No shit sherlock!. Metal will rust whether it is underground or above it. Dont matter if it is on a anchor or an axle. Pretty sure we all know this already, or at least most do. It takes many years for a grade 70 to rust thru enough that it is going to break. Obviously that is why you check it periodically for wear n tear. If a chain breaks from rust it's owner negligence from never checking their set ups. Do you actaully ever have anything to add to threads or do you like just being a captian obvious...?

17. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

LMAO...Ah so now you finally admitted that my point is NOT a theory but a FACT LOL....Its so IRONIC how you speak of OBVIOUS yet you called what I said a theory LOL. Deep down inside you knew I was right its just your pride not wanting to admit that I was right hence the reason your getting a little flustered LMAO

TDK and I whole point was just make sure yawl check your hardware because it can break due to wear and tare as any metal/steel will rust eventually.

If there was a metal that never rusted or broke then there would be no need to check your hardware but ADAMANTIUM only exist in comic books LMAOROTF.

18. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

Lots of things enter into the longevity of metal equipment on chains. The argument as to underground or above ground has complexities. For instance, if you have a high water table where your gear is, it becomes not a matter of underground vs above ground in the simple context. Ground which HOLDS water will rust your shit faster. Your deterioration/rot factor is higher.

Salt is another villain. If it's mixed with moisture, it's ever harsher on your gear above ground. Add heat and it's even worse. Friction is a killer and when accompanied by any of the above factors, it has it's way with your gear much faster than without those factors.

I'm not about to tell anyone what to use or how to use it. If something has worked for you over years and years, then cool jammies and keep up the good work. I AM saying that certain factors do play into how you may want to conduct the checking of your gear.

19. AGK

There you go twisting words again. Show me where i said a chain wont rust anywhere on the internet. My point was, you make it sound like it will rust and break quickly. Thats not reality. It takes many years for that to happen. Im not flustered at all, i could care less what you think you know. If I was flustered or agitated by you, you'd have a line through your name. ;)
    Now show me where i said chain wont rust......

20. AGK

I should re word one part,it would take many years here with my kind of soil to wear to the point of failure. I cant speak on those who live with those other factors to keep in mind.