1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

badger baiting bust

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by castle, Feb 22, 2009.

1. castle

castle Big Dog

2. mansch

mansch Big Dog

i love how they always gotta throw in the apbt! Its crazy how uneducated people are able to print whatever they like!

3. Robert223

Robert223 Pup

x2

Its ALWAYS a pit-mix....even if it would have a golden retriever pedigree!:D

4. Boze

Boze Top Dog

personally that is fucked up i can see mayb one dog but, and obviously that animal wanted no part of that. When it is two dogs atleast they wanna be there

5. BoiBoi

BoiBoi CH Dog

the only animal i hear making any noise is the screaming dog in the background, i don't hear anything from the badger

6. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

I think that is pretty cruel..

7. Robert223

Robert223 Pup

I would say that any hunting is ok, also with dogs, as long as you kill the prey quick and eat it afterwards!

For sure it's a much better life for the animals which are running free and doing what their instincts tell them than that of a cow or a pig which is the whole life behind bars and pumped full with all kinds of chemicals to make it even fatter!:rolleyes:

In the video it wasn't normal hunting it was more like a test maybe?
    Definetly a shitty way to go for the badger!
    I know that hunters test their patterdale terriers for "gameness" in the ground so maybe thats what they did?

You know i saw some videos of pits in america hunting boars!
    They did it pretty good and humanely i think...the dogs got a grip of the boar and wrestled a little, then the hunter came in-quick slice with the machete and it was dead!

I think if you do it like that and consume the meat...then there's nothing wrong with that!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
  8. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

WHat? I have a question what are your thoughts on Hog hunting with dogs?

9. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I agree with him smokin. The hog hunting I have seen I agree with because the dog took hold of the hog and the hunter went right over and ended it. If the guys in the video just ended it then I don't see the problem but letting the dog shake it, and letting other dogs join in just doesn't sit right with me.

10. SMOKIN HEMI

SMOKIN HEMI CH Dog

No that is fine I just wanted to know his feeling about hog hunting and Hog baiting. I guess which is legal on I think one day in La.. It is similar to this (I dont think they can hold though). I have no idea of what they were trying to accomplish on that video. I do know that was not a pitbull. I do know that since the beginning of time terriers were used to hunt small game. they would go into holes and grab game and there masters would grab there tail to pull the game out.

11. KuttersKru

KuttersKru Top Dog

Anything to say "pit bull", huh? Well too bad, as those dogs are most likely lurchers, hounds, or hound crosses. And one of them was a small wire-haired terrier

12. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

using a dog to hunt is one thing, but baiting is cruel in my opinion.
    hog hunting w/ dogs is different entirely as the dogs merely catch and subdue-the hunter kills the hog-swiftly.
    to tear apart the animal-vermin or not-is far from "sport". my dogs have done their share of ratting-and they are quick on the kill. while badgers are a good match for most dogs- unless you are using the meat or they are destroying crops, etc. its senseless killing imho.

13. They were Bull x Lurchers..

And Hunting doesn't have to be for Food, Badgers are a major pest over here (England) And although It's highly Illegal, In my eyes It needs to be done..

That Dog was drawing the Badger out, there's probably Terriers further down the Sett that have pushed the Badger to the entrance.

Butch

14. cutt

cutt CH Dog

and this time a year they will kill the crops and heavy duty fences, some ranchers cross breed these hogs with who know what to create these huge ass "GOOD EATS " episode. and turnem loose ( it seems like)

15. castle

castle Big Dog

The U.S.P.C.A. have raided more homes today and have taken quite a few dogs
    They set up a website forum and got them posting pictures videos and talking about what they were doing with the dogs ,set them clean up

16. IMHO hunting is worse than matching dogs, point blank period!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say that I'm against hunting, but I'm sure all of our plates would still be full with out it. Yeah I know "Jed" I eat everything I kill in a hunt. Most people that can afford to hunt can afford to go to the grocery store...Love you all....

17. game_test

game_test Top Dog

killing pests is one thing but they were getting off by letting thier dogs maul an animal that was defenseless.

18. My heart ached (literally) for that badger......Sport? not at all:mad:

One thing we have to remember is that WE have infringed on the environment of wildlife all around the world. The poor animals are trying to survive as best they can. While they may be consider vermin to many farmers, we MUST understand and sympathy with their situation. They are beggers in their own land.

I understand people here in the USA coon hunt. Believe it or not, there are racoons where I live that LIVE in abandon buildings. I feel so sad when I see them and would NEVER allow one of my dogs to even bother one of them. I have even contemplated feeding them. Poor animals.

I totally agree that the activity depicted on that link is much worst than dog matching. At least matching dogs require two WILLING and ABLE dogs and will last until one gives up.

19. So you'd rather eat some Cling film wrapped, Chemical filled food from Animals kept In poor conditions half the time than a nice Natural Animal who's had the ultimate life In the wild? :confused:

Butch

20. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That is no sport being depicted on that video. Cruelty to animals is what is shown in that video. That badger doesn't want to be there and is doing everything it can do to get away from the dogs, throw in the fact that the idiots threw another dog on the badger and it's just sick to see, (remindes me of double-dogging which I feel isn't necessary either) now I am an avid hunter and although we no longer need to hunt to feed our family we do still need hunting to control wildlife populations (at least where I am from), also being an advocate for fair chase, at least the hunted animal has a fair chance at survival. That badger has no chance of escape and doesn't want to be there, that makes it ANIMAL CRUELTY 101..........................