1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

badger trial dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by blanch, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

answers no, and badges aren't a form gametesting a pitbull terrier!:cool: ,if anything its a form of hunting ....
    or classed with coursing, hell hog hunting is a form of hunting and coursing, but not a gametest, some consider it yes, but its NOT!

over were you folks live, i realize for generations its been called a gametest, but your mistaking the term.

2. AGame

AGame CH Dog

this is bullshit i have no clue where u get your information from are you sure they weren't fighting teacup poodles man come on get real

3. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

1930 the dogs were pocket size, and you can't compare a mastiff to a pitbull, my father has a mastiff on his farm , there not fighters. and you can say theres a badger in any country that got the better of some dog, still don't make it a gametest! mean that dog was not tough enough, or meet a good badger, eitherway, pitbull wins, and what was that dogs weight that matched the badger and died in the celler(fearless Joe)? and i'm thinking there dogs were around 20+ -maybe 30lb range! , mabye a tough dog but no crunch?

4. Hairy Kelly

Hairy Kelly Banned

that is in the hollender book on staffs from 1952 and that part is by joe mallen men who did fight dogs not a load of bull shiters that are sat at they lap top all day long, if it was not for us lot you yanks would not have your pit bulls fact and they was bull and mastiff crosses around the 90 to 100lb and not the shit that is about to day, joe had no shit all off his dogs were game and around 35 to 40 lb mark

5. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

did you know him ?
    i don't know anyone that has all game dogs.

6. Hairy Kelly

Hairy Kelly Banned

no mate but a lot of the old timers around the black country did and they have told me that all his dogs was tested and if they did not perform then they did not live, put in a sack and through in the canal

7. blanch

blanch Big Dog

well buck are you saying a badger would be a match for a 'pocket sized' dog? do you think one of your 50 plus pound dogs would fit into the sett?

8. crazy horse

crazy horse Big Dog

theres one or two still about that will attest to this being true :cool:

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

Boris would wreck one without a doubt!:D

im saying your terriers the patterdales might be having a different outcome, but, don't kid yourself a badger is a living creature and can be beat!;)

i'm saying its not a way to test a dog and see if it is game!

10. Hairy Kelly

Hairy Kelly Banned

and so is a dog my friend:cool:

11. sunbeam

sunbeam CH Dog

i have seen what a good quality pit bull terrier can do with a european badger.

12. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

so what makes it a gametest?:rolleyes: this is the bs it comes down to, because you got one dog in history of your badger sports in Erop, and breed crazy mutant dog killin badgers, your dogs that snap at there noses are called game! correct?
    :confused::confused:

13. damon

damon Banned

I have also and it's not the one sided beating people would imagine. The only time I've seen them die is if the dog went into the gut. And the dogs were exhausted after it and sometimes couldn't finish off old Brock

14. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

I got alil 43lb Gamebred pit and id bet my life on this dog over any badger alive...(this is the smallest male I own) and if all else fells I got a Catch weight dog that would shake him to death..your crazy if you think a 30-40 lb badger is too big to get picked up and ripped to shreads by a 65lb Apbt..and about the gut statement what happens if the dogs a leg dog a breaks the legs of the badger...how good could you fight without legs?

15. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

the only thing that could possibly keep the badgers alive underground is the fact that the Pit couldnt get to them...if it did the badgers gettin skull drug outta his house like a bitch and then gettin man handled...it doesnt have the firepower to go toe to toe with a Gamebred Pitbull its as simple as that...

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

The answer to the OP is yes, a catchdog that beats up on bagers can still be gamebred just not conciderd game himself unless it was tested agince another bulldog...Plain, simple and right to the point.;)

17. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

lol @ sampson. its the truth.

there wouldnt have been a single badger in the world that could keep it with any real gamedog of now or the past.

mayday wouldve made short work of any badger before he had his breakfast.

18. popper

popper CH Dog

i mean honestly pound forpound ther isnt much that would take out a true fighter and even with weight

19. BGD

BGD Pup

A bunch of people that have never even seen a European Badger much less a dog going into one arguing over whether it's a true gametest or not :rolleyes:

20. XXLbully

XXLbully Big Dog

lol just send the apbt a wolverine after hes messed up that badger so bad.
    mustelids are no sweet cretures