1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bait dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by simms, Dec 13, 2005.

1. MPD

MPD Big Dog

From what I know and seen growing up in El Salvador, one of the few, and I mean few dog men over there, a friend of my uncles made it loud and clear that real dog men dont throw lesser canines at their dogs and praise it. Like others said it gets no real cred for the dogs and blah blah blah. Proves nothing, its like me knocking the lights out of a 3 year old, and calling my self a champion boxer.

And no, coming to america, a scar on a dog thats turned in from the streets to a shetler is almost always tooken as a bait dog. So there fore that animal was fighting in some type of way...

2. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

okay,,, slick, respectfully,, now i know what your saying,,,but i rescue some pound pups from time to time,,,but for as my own---mine are not pound dogs ,, i,ve had two litters totalling 11 dogs,,so i can have some of my big male in case something happens to him, i have another one of him,now the last ones(pups) i had got stole and i hunted them down 40 miles away and those boys had options and thats all i'm going to say, they gave my dogs back, now for as curs,, my personal dog are breed so they can be social and try to show ppl that these dogs are not the threat they say they are,,,, here where i live i,ve spent over 1000.00 just to keep mine so they wouldn,t banned them,,,,they tryed to,,i,ve spent more time and money in this breed than you'll ever know so now that,s repectfully saying not all views are the same,,, you have your 30 to 40 and up to 50 pounders, mines not even in the same class, several weeks ago at the vet mine tipped the scale at 93,,,, now i,d rather hop in the circle myself and kick a@@ personally,JMO,,my dogs handle my lightweights,lol

my dogs get what i can't see or hear,, lets just say they have my back,

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2005
  3. SLICK WILLIE

SLICK WILLIE Guest

OK! I respect what your doing with yours and must say I did'nt expect a good reply from you but I understand your sit-u-a-tion. Thanks for your kindness and understanding. We are all Mentors at some time or another but sometimes we let pride get in the way of how we should be. Respectfully, Slick Willie

4. ghost 1

ghost 1 CH Dog

thanks slick,,,your right our pride and opinions sometimes jumps ahead of thinking first,, but everyone has differnet outlooks and thats what makes this forum as good as it is ,,,, lol ,, but u probroly do have sum of the gamest dogs out there, those who breed for game have a totally different breeding agenda, and ur right it takes at least 2 years to see, u know what ur doing for ur breeding preference,,

5. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Just so you know I am agreeing with you guys that it is not 'proper' but you have to admit that these 'bait dogs' exist and that people use them as described. I don't agree with it either.

6. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

No one is arguing the fact that bait dogs exist. What we ARE saying is that it wasn't a common practice until the media jumped on the bandwagon & basically began publishing "how to" advice that wanna-be doggers & basically every street thug with a "pit" began to follow.

When a handful of these occurrances made the media news, then instead of trying to stop the problem by saying "Real dog owners or real APBT owners would NEVER do this kind of training", they basically said how all dog fighters do this & why they do this (despite the fact that it was at this point the HSUS & the media began to make things up in order to gain support mainly in the financial department) & began to give instructions! Soooo, now you have a bunch of low-life humans that truly think that this is the way things are done so they do it!

7. Crash97

Crash97 Top Dog

And we can all thank the various Humaniac groups such as HSUS, SPCA's and of course PETA for that. Without their bullsh*t propaganda spouting about how "widespread" the use of "baitdogs" is, the practice would have either died out or decreased greatly. They are behind their own self serving, self fulfilling prophecies.

8. gameexchange

gameexchange Big Dog

Just a little input. No offense should be taken.

From my understanding the term "bait dog" refers to a dog that is used solely for the purpose of building another dogs confidence. When a dog whens in a game of tug of war with you it builds his confidence. Some people go as far as to exposing only a certain part of the dog's body so the other dog can know what part of the dog the owner wants it to focus on. In example they may keep the dog turned sideways so the dog can keep going for the other dog's gut or under his neck. This is in hopes to create a killing machine. Since I have to refrain from using any vulgar language i'll say i think this method is a PATHETIC, CRUEL, and WEAK way of trying to better your dog. After all that foolishness it still doesn't make your dog a game dog and it doesn't better your blood either. It serves no purpose.

9. Again, those individuals know little (if anything at all!) of what makes a dog a pit athlete. In case there are any "street fighting" aficionados reading this post: As you may have read from our many, many posts, these types of "training" will not teach a dog anything useful in the box! It is like hitting the bag, it is a good exercise but will not teach you or improve boxing skills in the ring!

10. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

bump for some newer members

11. LMAO!!! So True. "pull your pants up fool! this aint pickle bender prison"!!.
    LOL. TOO FUNNY> still laughing.

12. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I want to add to this since its been resurected. Less then an hour away there have been two seperate incidents the media has dubbed "bait dog" stories and the publicity they received was astounding. One such case, I heard just this morning on the news...7 Labradors were stolen from someone, and they immediately "know Fido 1-7 is being fought by some dog-fighters right now!" completely unfounded, with no factual basis to even assume that.

The other story was about 15 petbull owners with 95+ lb American Bulldog looking mutts claiming all their dogs were stolen at one time and another and were "bait dogs". They base their assumptions on nothing other than media BS. The reporter went on to say "Dog-fighters are the most cruel people to ever live, if a dog is unable to fight they kill it"....and then they interviewed one fellow with a large American bulldog he was claiming was a "purebred pitt" who said his dog was "stolen"(more on that later) and was fought...but since he had asthma they dumped him.

As for the "stolen" part...no suprise, typical petbull owners who acquired the largest "pit"(one was a "Rare american blue nose albino" worth thousands to quote one of the owners who let his dog run freely) they could for a fad and treated it like a beagle....meaning-they didnt contain the dogs. A few said the dogs were just left to roam "because they always come back" but when they didnt of course, they were "stolen". How ignorant people can be to assume such things is beyond my comprehension. If your dogs are running the streets by your own will, they arent stolen, they are just the product of ignorant, irresponsible owners. To lay blame on such an absurd myth as "bait dogs" is only a scape-goat to redirect blame from you-for letting your dogs run!