1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Banning Specific Breeds

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by Marty, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Marty

Marty Guest

Canada -- I am writing this letter hopefully to help a few people take a different look at the purposed breed specific legislation.

I agree that there needs to be new laws enforced with regards to loose dogs, off leash dogs, and aggressive dogs and more laws holding dog owners responsible for the actions of their dogs. However, do we all really think this is a breed specific issue. I am all for some new laws and regulations, but let's make it fair across the board and make these rules apply to all dogs.

People should think very carefully before they decide to support breed specific legislation. If this passes, all dog owners with large breed dogs will stand in line to have their dog next on the list. Is this the direction we really want to go? So before you decide to support the banning of any dog breed, take a look at the dog laying at your feet, could that breed be next?

If you decide that you do not support breed specific legislation of any kind, please voice your say loudly, because that is the only way it will be heard.

Please send your comments and concerns to Michael Bryant, Attorney General, tel 1-416-326-2220 fax 1-416-326-4016 email mbryant.mpp@liberal.ola.org

Sincerely,

Sarah Welk, Tucker and Dodge

2. who

who Top Dog

BREDD SPECIFIC ......NO!!!!! not because im a pitbull fan but becasue the other breeds that have a "NAME" are in this as well....i think like MARTY tighter laws on owners and DANGEROUS DOGS...not DANGEROUS BREEDS.....well i guess thats it

3. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

What else is new :(

4. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Top Dog

Where is this article from?

5. Marty

Marty Guest

I'ts about the breed ban in canada sorry I missed that:o

6. SSandecki

SSandecki Pup

PM me the out source you use for news marty, might beable to make a ticker for ya :)