1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Barney Fife

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by preme, Apr 18, 2011.

1. preme

preme CH Dog

Oh yeah limey i understood wat your are saying ... Each dog deserves there own judgement , each battle is different ...a dog able to go and stands is a cur !

2. old time dogman

old time dogman Big Dog

Amen Preme !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i believe there are degree's of gameness but i also believe people make excuses for there dog
    i do think 10 minures and 2 hours are completely different in most cases, one dog is gamer than the other
    now i know thats not always the case and you have to look at circumstance but still this is my take
    as far as cullin correctly if u breed a cur enough eventually u will get a good one but i agree with preme on that one
    pre 76 i also agree if you can stand you can crawl

4. If he can go he should if not = RIP NO EXCUSE !!

5. Boze

Boze Top Dog

back to bandit for a second. lets say the story was entirely true and he made several stumbling crawling scratches, now say the man handling was not an idiot and piucked him up after the first stumbling scratch the dog you all call a cur would have been touted as a deep game bulldog so just think how many dogs thatr people claim are so game that were picked up at the right time and never got a chance to prove otherwise most dogs left down to long will either quit or die there is a fine line between dead game and one to many scratches some dogs die before they have the chance to quit that dog who dies during the show and never had the chance to quit will now be touted dead game when in reality he might have been toi fucked up to not scratch just like he was to fucked up top scratch. things in this game are not black and whit like people want to mak them out to be a dog who quits in ten min is definitely not the same as a dog going for the long haul and makeing some game scratches and then out of utter ignorance pride and stupidity the dog is stopped by a moron of a handler.

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

agreed boze, and if a dog has proven game or deep game that should be plenty for the owner. No need to prove any further...

7. mindbender

mindbender Big Dog

They'll all quit sooner or later, some just sooner than others.

8. garth

garth Big Dog

Imo if he go'es 10 mins or 2 hours and is standing when it's their turn to go and they stand there they are CURS period.Some years ago a son of Garners Bermuda Buck was counted out going on his belly,the owners culled him.They had a full belly brother to this dog he won a couple of shows so they bred the balls off him,and none of his offspring are worth shit.They felt he was a better dog,dum asses now they are looking for game dogs when they had one to breed to.I know because my breedings have stoped them.GAME DOGS BEGET GAME DOGS.

9. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

I don't believe they all will quit.I believe in simple ways.If a dog can go and doesn't that is a quitter. I wouldn't breed or gamble on a dog like that.You also have to look at a dog that goes 2 hours and then quits.Maybe he held the other dog out for two hours then the dog got in and did real damage.The handler notices this and sees his dog can't win and picks up before the dog quits.Now is this a game dog or just good handling?Some dogs can do more damage in 10 minutes when another can't do in 2 hours.The bottom line to me is if a dog can go and doesn't then he quit in my book.It has happen to all of us at one time or another we thought this dog would never quit.Well they are only flesh and blood.

10. Boze

Boze Top Dog

redrum i see your point but people are putting the two hour dog in the category of the ten minute one . to me that is like comparing sandman who physically go but did not to a ten minute wall jumper and it just simply is not the case. the truth is most dogs never get pushed to their limit period i would go as to say most never get close to that gray area. and when i see a dog like sandman stand the line or a dog like texas stop into the absolute best comp out there i refuse to call them curs because they see more time than most dogs ever see. winning one match is hard enough but to win five or six and is in credible so if a dog stops on his sixth or seventh i am sorry they are simply not curs. and should be valued more than most dogs that never see that kind of action hell most people test a dog for a half hour see him tired and behind and put him up for stud saying he is 100 percent bull dog that is the shit that makes me laugh then they will turn around and have the nerve to call a dog who stops going for his championship or gr ch a cur.

11. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

hey preme i didnt mean to offend u.You didnt really do anything to offend me besides say im mass producing bs and thats not something i do.i speak from experience.I wasnt really tryn to come at u but if u make a statement like that im gon defend myself.So i hope all is cool.we can disagree but im not into the computer beef.

12. preme

preme CH Dog

that dog got counted out is NO CUR IN MY EYES BUT PRIZED FIGHTER , them fellas made a mistake on that one like i said you make that effort win lose or draw i will feed you and give you proper care , anything else is most likely becomes grass food ... fucked the count the heart said fight but the body is given out now thats a game dog ..

13. preme

preme CH Dog

yo man we straight , no beef .... i like to hear folks opinions ... the mass producing thing wasnt intend for you(shit i dont even know you lol) just a statement really i just disagreed with you but my post wasnt directed towards you..
    peace
    p

14. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Above statement I said u have to look at a dog that goes 2 hours then quits.I meant to say that sometimes a dog goes 2 hours and is picked up before he quits.

15. redrumdog

redrumdog Top Dog

Boze I agree with what u are saying about some dogs never get tested and some people will claim this dog of theirs is dead game and they only saw 30 minutes out of it.People say the dumbest things.Sandman was a great dog and not in the same category as a 10 minute cur.As a matter of fact Rebel claimed after that match that he knows Buck is a cur. Now that is a dumb statement.Good post guys

16. garth

garth Big Dog

See preme thats what i'm talking,Game dogs.I only speak of what i have seen.But if a dog is standing he should atleast try period.Any dog that go'es out five times and wins but on his 6th time and don't you all can call him/her what you want i can respect your view,but IMO is a cur and yes he went over two hours.Was he in shock i don't know.Would i have bred to him yes,but after he stop no.Most of us don't have the yard to keep hole litters and sell a few,which one do you keep you can't know which one is the best because you have sold some.If you breed dogs you should be able to keep the whole litter if you can't don't breed them.I know i wondered off topic.Just venting thats all.Peace all.

17. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Im sorry preme the Old timer in your atavar bred with quiters as wel !!.
    Ome of them being Bullyson!!!!!..

18. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Also that same dogman in your atavar told Gary Hammoinds back then to breed those Bullyson/eli dogs to that alligator blood. he stated and i quote""They MIGHT looses gamenes, but the sons and bitches would probely never had to prove it!!!!, he did de same with the Bullson x Arts missy breedings
    . And later one of the best cross bloodlines from the past was based on 2 quiters. Bullyson x snooty!!!!!. Tudor at match side had a fansier telling him that dog you bet on thussend seem like a game dog to me.Tudor Im not betting on him being game im betting on him being a winner!!.

fact is that a lot of the newbe dogman of today dont have a clue how to breed dogs
    .fact is the old timers back then where able to use quiters(game and deep game dogs with harder mouths and strenght) to breed to game dogs with no mouth and strenght to produce fantastic bloodlines...

Now dont get me wrong i would NOT breed to a cur ore a quiter as long as im not forced to do so, but if i am i would not hesitate to use a quiter out of the fast lane to breed to"" if"" he was my own and if he had a superior background.

Have i done it myself absolutly not, due to de geografic sircumstanses how we keep our dogs we are luckely forced to be very selectif.

ther are also other ways to breed with fast lane quiters. I forinstanse know one of the best dogman in history who bought 2 quiters out of very good bloodlines. he bred them and got pups. i askt him what are you doing??, he said I know what your thinking.
    But this blood is so strong it ""wil"" produce!!.
    these pups will be tested and culled and il go on with the ones that make it, as sometimes gamness skips a generation!!!!!!.

a bloodline beind a fast lane quiter isend going to waist if you breed of of it.
    as long as your selection proses is up to par.
    this made me scratsh my head. i can tell you, uptill today he is a force to be recond with.. and yes he still hase these dogs. some of them are crawling across..

19. The Saint

The Saint Big Dog

Don't know what you and some othrs have owned, but to tell you the truth, I've had two that couldnt stand, but sure as hell would crawl iso quitting. Focussed on the opposite corner, never taking an eye off. Cull that crap you own boet.
    "boet in Afrikaans is similar to brother in English"

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

"if there was direct sperm available to you from your favorite stud dog's 10 minute cur son would you use it".......... it would depend if that cur has the ability to produce first class bulldogs. i don't believe performance has much to do with production.