1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Barney Fife

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by preme, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Dunlap 1

Dunlap 1 Big Dog

If it was Bullyson...I would say YES

2. preme

preme CH Dog

im sure he did but bullyson wasnt bred after he lost

3. garth

garth Big Dog

Ngo let me get this clear.My fav stud has a 10min cur would I use him for breeding to one of my gyps.HELL NO!And I don't care who his sire is.JMO

4. preme

preme CH Dog

i will not breed to a known 10 min cur no matter wat ... my favorite dog that ive owned happened to be a 20 min cur and he was culled and was not bred too . his father debo was the gamest dog(came from bottom in1:37 to stop wargasm 's evil ) i ve owned and he was the last off spring i had of his father that was stolen from my yard ... and i still did not bred to his last son and i owned him ....

5. doginhold

doginhold Top Dog

To settle it a little down, I agree with Limey!
    Lets start thinking in degrees of gameness aswell as degrees of quitting!
    A dog that stops after a hard and long battle, taken heavy punishment and simply is to exhausted to go might be gamer as a dog that quits after recieving five minutes of punishment!
    So would I breed to a dog that took the count on all fours????
    Depends on......
    If he already produced some good progeny that is doing well, why not?????
    One example is the 3 minute jumper Rebells Muggs, the Sire of Milans Muggy R. O. M.
    It´s not all black and white aswell every dog is about to stop, it depends on the circumstances!!!!!!
    So be selective but also know what it is all about! It´s about animals and not machines, so there´s more to a breeding programm than simplyfying the rules of selection! This is proven by some dogs that produced and itself being some cold dogs, quitters and not deep game dogs included!
    Don´t get me wrong gameness is the most desireable trait in a honest American Pit Bullterrier but to produce some decent dogs there´s more to it!
    It´s a ongoing process of carefully selecting, planning, testing and try and error!
    Let´s do a history check! What did Snooty produce, what did Muggs produce, what was produced by Bullyson etc.
    Basically it´s like this if you are about game, then only buy from fastlane stuff, know whats behind your dog, know also the drawbacks of your line and always try to improve!
    See, Limeys dogs are well known and successfull dogs, if I had one, well it´s up to me to always try to improve from what he has done as a breeder!
    If I consider for example Zebo, he was an outstanding dog but have you ever heard of Zebo dogs having a higher percentage as for example dogs bred down of Bo or Bullyson?????
    Zebo didn´t quit! But he just wasn`t much of a producer!
    Just my oppinion!

6. preme

preme CH Dog

where settle just talking dogs all opinions are welcome !

7. Caos

Caos CH Dog

8. preme

preme CH Dog

and his rom

9. Caos

Caos CH Dog

yeah Preme!

10. preme

preme CH Dog

11. preme

preme CH Dog

i got dogs down from n. toby and showing to be good working animals..

12. Caos

Caos CH Dog

13. garth

garth Big Dog

Ngo I don't know how to post a ped and i'm not a member of ped online.He is a 3 year old dog that bred.A redboy/jocko,rascal dog.

14. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

theoretically speaking. i'd just happy getting something to work with the rest would figure itself out. everyone can't be lucky enough to just stick em together & have offspring that win westminster. imo the man behind the dogs the factor. don't matter if they cur bred or not some folks just had a understanding. doesn't matter how you get there as long as you get there........

15. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Now here we see someone with a brain!!!!!, one aczample i remember"" and please corect me if im wrong"" is Coleen ROM she was a stone cold bitch(not a cur) she was triple inbred on carvers pistol x miss spike that should have produced reguardless of anything.

16. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

Preme thats what you think!!. bullyson was bred iven days befor his show!!. and the silver fox(maurice carver) wasend named the silver fox for nothing. bullyson was promoted iven more afther his lost . becaused he lost from his SON. the silver fox sold more then 25 Pups and dogs out of arts missy alone!!!!!!!!!!!. he could sell you a cur and be happy with it!...

17. Limey kennels

Limey kennels CH Dog

18. preme

preme CH Dog

limey i thought bully died after the match with his son ....

19. preme

preme CH Dog

we all know his balls was bred of before the match wats the arguement( but a dead dick dont work ).... and thats fine he sold more pups im not knocking that ... i just wouldnt bred to a known cur , now how does that make me a uneducated person most of you educate people agreed with me but got to throw a but wat with in there for me thats my partice to each there own ....if i like the bully blood i would just find a different route thats all ..peace
    p

20. preme

preme CH Dog

just wanna say i appericate the thread to disagree and talk dogs in civil way .. respect to ngo,otd,limey and all others i respect you men opinions greatly .!
    p

i can learn something all the time ...