1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Battle Cross

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by NewSchoolDogMan, Jul 2, 2010.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

bingo we have a winner FBLB just don't forget it can also be a 3 or 4 way cross. J/RB/T/B bullyson / bolio /boomerang / hank J/RB / rascal considered all bloodline are heavy in the cross. ron boyles is a good example of taking crossed dogs & inbreeding them till they became " boyles" dogs.

2. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

i agree that mayday was a battle cross and he is another example of one that produced. he was a 50/50 dog. we need to make a list of battle crosses that produced, i bet there is more than we realize

3. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

mayday,whites tab, gambler's virgil, and plumber's alligator comes to mind. They are all crosses of two or more families that can not only perform, but also produce.

4. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    When you can clearly see crossing of EBT & SBT did occur , which are clearly dogs in use for the game, Also I know I have read some crosses of APBT & SBT , if I look I’ll find the posts,
    The point is aren’t these dogs some kind of battle cross also , One can say the cross of a SBT / EBT is a mutt but the proof is those are a battle cross also
    I feel a battle cross is what ever works to create a dog that is a champ. It may or may not pass on the type but for the moment you big man on campus.
    </o:p>

5. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

its the same idea, its to add vigour
    a battle cross is NOT whatever works to create a champ
    there is 3 pages of post telling you what a battle cross is
    just let it soak in, its not that hard

6. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

the copy and paste got a little messed up but the info is there

7. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

The ¾ English bull and SBT or ¼ EB & SBT is a real occurrence that has a term or name , Look if get a ¾ English bull and SBT as a pet it’s a mutt
    But if a person in the game has a ¾ English bull and SBT (and that’s not a wishful statement some one has done it for sure) and he has a winning dog well until your dog beats his what do you call that breeding

8. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Yes I agree a battle cross is the mixing of 2 different family lines, just what is the cross of EBT SBT APBT that I have found in post, those dogs sound like champs .to those owners.

9. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

You know that there have been champion american bulldogs, champion akitas, champion boston bulldogs (olde boston bulls, aka round heads), and even champion mutts. Just because a dog has won in the pit doesn't make it a battle cross, nor does it make the dog an american pitbull terrier. There was a shit load of hype on the american bulldog, especially the painter margentina bloodline about being able to whip an apbt. They have had a few dogs that did become champions and numerous 1 and 2xws. However, when matched into a proven apbt champion, they always fall short. There was also a lot of hype about the akitas too when they came to america. These foreign dogs were reputed to be able to kill bears. There have been a few ch. akitas as well as a handful of 1 and 2xws, but again when thrown into the pit against a proven apbt, both the american bulldog and the akita proved to be nothing but rough curs. They all jumped the pit once the apbt started to gain the better advantage.

10. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

So it seems even though some other breeds have reached X2 none are like some of the power house X5 and above APBT . I guess if there was a mutt that was unbeatable some one would want to breed him to see if the trait would pass but it sounds like that does not EVER happen
    I guess in a inner circle there must be some over lap of the EBT SBT APBT , but I find it interesting how CH Psycho is SBT and some EBT This shows it is possible to utilize the 3 remnant fighting dogs of the forefathers into one.

11. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

dude, its not a battle cross and it never has been, please try to grasp that somehow.

and if you want to bullshit on about your obsession for cross bred mutts, go right ahead, in your own thread or start a new one please, people dont want to read about you trying to reason what you think just maybee classed as a battle cross, when for everyone else its crystal clear its not, and will never be.

12. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

I grasp it,

13. DEATH-GRIP

DEATH-GRIP Banned

ereor oops please delete

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
  14. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

There are many other breeds that have 1xw,2xw and even champions and I'm willing to bet there has been gr. ch.'s. However, the reason why many will not breed an apbt into anyone of these dogs is because these dogs have won battles and have proven their abilities, but they have not proven their gameness. You see, if you have an akita, a rottweiler, a CO, CAO, or any other breed that is, let's just say hypothetically a 20xw quadruple champion, it only means the dog has a lot of talent. However, the dog is still just a CUR with a lot of ability and once the dog is on the bottom, he'll jump the pit. You realize that there has been many losers that have lost and proven themselves game, these dogs are the ones that are bred and the ones that are sought after because the apbt is a dog that expresses the trait of gameness first and foremost. You can have a dog with a mouth that crushes diamonds, agility of a cheetah, and stamina of a race horse. All of these are just secondary and if the dog possesses all of these secondary, but highly desried characteristics, but is a cur, guess what? He won't be bred by a reputable dogman that is breeding for gameness. Gameness first for the name of the game is GAME.

15. fblb

fblb Top Dog

Do you grasp them?

16. pit#5

pit#5 Banned

Since these questions are of information from many years ago. <O:p</O:p
    Is it safe to say that a certain amount of gambling occurred?
    So ultimately wile the purest wants a game dog and for that reason would not want a game loosing dog to die.
    There must have been other greedy dog handlers so to speak that could know his dog was not really game but had such ability no dog could get him to point on the bottom and win fights and money..
    I believed I once heard a dog of high ability would be tested against a fresh dog until he could by no choice prove how game he was, if that was true the most reputable dog men would take that chance to tarnish the reputation of a high ability dog.

17. burgoa

burgoa Pup

I HAVE A COUPLE FINE REDBOY/JOCKO/CHAMUCO CROSSES THAT HAVE BEEN INBREED TO BE FINE DOGS THAT PRODUCE..:dogdrink: