1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Beer for dogs

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by NewSchoolDogMan, Jul 4, 2010.

1. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

So I've heard of some people giving their dogs beer during a keep (mainly in south america). What is the purpose for this? Does it boosts recovery time?

2. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

human athletes arent supposed to drink while in training why the hell would you give a dog acohol at any time much less in a keep?? I just dont see how that could do anything positive.

3. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

I had a guy tell me that it keep away worms. I don't drink so I never tried it with my dog.

4. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

that ranks right up there with saying feeding your dog gun powder and peppers and beating it with a shovel every tuesday makes it a good fighting dog. Dont give your dogs alcohol people.

5. CLKENNELS

CLKENNELS Top Dog

When you give a bulldog bud ice during keep, it makes your dog game...

6. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

My dogs get nothing but good feed and water, but it seems to me that people are using all sorts of stuff now. Some use honey, others add in garlic, others add in echinacia, ginseng, milk thistle, beer, milk, etc. I can see the others being of benefit, but why beer?

7. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

dont give you dog beer

8. NewSchoolDogMan

NewSchoolDogMan Top Dog

^definitely, alcohol and caffeine will mess up your dog.

9. DirtyD

DirtyD Top Dog

yup it will

10. While herbs and other natural food products might have some benefit, all beer is is empty carbs and calories. Aside from the alcohol in it being an issue I see no potential nutritional benefit. I'd love to hear the justification of those who feel beer is somehow part of a good keep.

11. beanieman

beanieman Banned

In my country it is an very old saying that sometimes giving your dog a beer was good for the dogs coat.
    I would not know i do not give it to my dogs a waste of beer :D

12. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

i dunno bout beer but you know what will get em scratchin all night??...............................COCAINE!! :D:rolleyes::dogtongue:

13. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

lol in all seriousness if were hangin in the garage or out front drinkin ill pour my boy a few swigs in his bowl and he likes it!

14. beanieman

beanieman Banned

neh coke wears out quick should use speed or meth :rolleyes:
    But most dogs love beer indeed, i had 1 that even stole my whiskey when i was young.

15. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

yea jake will knock a beer over for a drink the second you look away.damm acholic dog.

16. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

funny you say that LWG because me & a buddy were just talking about some folks that showed dogs hopped up on amphedinens.

17. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

how did they do?

18. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

they had there fair share of good dogs.

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

so lemme get this straight: these dudes would get theyre dogs spun out on a good one, then go match em?

so when they win what do they credit? the breeding/conditioning or the dope?

feel free to PM

20. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

not about credit for most sportsmen. odds are whatever your looking across at is on some form of "dope". it is what it is.