1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Best Muscle Cars!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hells Bells, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Best muscle car (of all time) Ford Mustang, Best Year 1969.. give me a Boss 429 :)

I had a 89 4 banger auto at 15... 74 Mustang II with rebuilt 5.0 swap, T5 racing tranny, hurst short throw 373 gears, locker rebuilt rearend, custom drive shaft, new radiator... omg I'm going to cry... I had to sell it because some asshole stole my daily driver... 05 Hyundia Accent (gas saver/ac and heater) My stang was my fun car. I couldn't rely on it to not break down and need something else fixed every month. So I had to do what I had to do. I've got an itch for another mustang... and it must be scratched!

Other noteable Stangs...
    Boss 302's
    71 Boss 351
    67/68 fastbacks/GT's
    Shelby's
    00 Cobra R
    03/04 Cobra 390+hp with equal torque and that supercharge whine *drool*
    I just plain out like 99-04 body style best body style.. not much on the fox bodies

Who wants to bench race? :D

2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

im a 4 cylinder guy, and beat v8's on a regular basis.and yes, i DO live up to my screen name;)...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4TwtUmCGQw

for american muscle though, im partial to my old camaro (67 w/ a built 327 and muncie 4 speed) but the ex got that in the divorce

3. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

OUCH!:mad:

4. gredan

gredan Pup

The Ford XY GTHO Falcon(1970-72)!!! Australian muscle, was the worlds fastest four door production car for quite a while. Google it, awesome car. To get a good condition original specimen today will leave you at least 150k out of pocket, funny since they retailed at around $3000.

5. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Have fun with all that Rally Racer.. Camaro sounds nice.. should have had a pre nup.. just kidding no offence... My mom made my dad trade in his 76 Trans am when I was like 6, still remember that car, sitting in the back seat... the big ol hoodscoop.

For real though, theres some good factory produced 4 bangers and I guess... some people really do engine work on their 4 bangers.. I can't stand "rice" nasty body kits, paint scheams... fart can mufflers. Not my style

Nothing like a loping cam v8

Really when it comes to cars... How much money do you have... And how fast do you want to go?:D

6. spaceghost

spaceghost Big Dog

f-bodies. 94-02 camaros and trans ams!!!!!!

7. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I think they had some pretty bad ass new age falcons in Australia too. The GTO was developed from some GM aussie cars. Come on America Automakers, give us the bad ass ness of the cars overseas.

They put out awesome teasers (can't think of the real name) But when the production model comes out it's so much different than what the teaser was... and generally less appealing.

8. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Oh man... I have had the pleasure of driving some real nice F bodies. The best was an 01 Trans am Firehawk.. fully modded to the max.. minus the forced induction. It was all black, black leather, black wheels. Man now that was a great car. Too bad it was an automatic. :mad: In fact every F body I drove was a damn automatic... most the stangs I have driven were all sticks. In fact Ford never produced an automatic cobra. :D

9. cheese

cheese Top Dog

I like Mopars:D

10. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

not yer average VW...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and a nice snail hanging off the back...
    [​IMG]
    all go, no show...
    [​IMG]
    show AND go...
    [​IMG]

11. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

There's so many great ones it's hard to choose the one I'd pick.I did have a '68 Camaro that was nice,had a '72 Camaro with a 454 that would run,but the most fun car I have ever had is my current play toy.A '88 Porsche 944 turbo,with a upgraded turbo,mass air flow kit,upgraded computer chip,bigger brembo brakes.It's a blast to drive,and gets good fuel economy too.Turbo four cylinders are hard to beat for everyday driving.I like the old V8s as much as the next guy but 8 mpg gets old after while.But for muscle cars I really like the old Camaros and Corvettes.I also love old subaru 4x4s but that's a whole different category of cars.

12. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

RR. thats cool as hell nice v dub did you make the headers? I am going to school now to learn to build racecars at WYOTECH. My last car was a EVO9 with a 35r making 680hp I wrecked it and was in a coma for 4 days almost killed myself and girlfriend in the crash. I was also building a EVO8 hopeing to run 7's with it tubeframe dogbox built moter that thing was fast as hell. after the wreck I was out of a job and my girl left me so I had to sell it to pay for my shcool. CFT has the car now and thay run low 8's in it.If you need any parts made send me a pm.

13. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

That porsche sounds awesome. I almost bought a little.. I think it was a 924.. had a targa top. I decided against it because I figured they would be more expensive to work on if it were to break down so I chose something else. If I had the money though I'd def have a porsche.

4 cyl turbos, and 6 cyl turbo's can make for a very fast car. Actually the fastest car I've been in was a 87 Nissan 300 ZX, it actually broke a strap on the dyno. It made over 400 hp on the dyno that day but wasn't running right.. we estimated 500 + it was gutted out and my ex built a roll cage. I spent most my time with him watching him build this car. I got to ride in it like 3 times because he was too dumb to build the motor right before slapping that big turbo on it.. so he was constantly having to put new motors in it that he pulled out of salvaged maximas and such. I tried to convince him to build it right from the bottom end up.. never listened.. just like a man. :p

I know he blew a 351 cleveland built fox body mustang off the road though.

Car was F'n fast!

14. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

I bet thats fun! :)

15. JamesT

JamesT Top Dog

I gotta 99 Trans Am LS1 six speed hate it.always breaking.Got 1990 454 SS pick up with a 509 pushin 700 horse love it . Best musle car 1967 ss camaro

16. RR3000

RR3000 Big Dog

So Hells Bells a ford man [​IMG] While they may have put out some good ones.I don't care for a ford.Heartbeat of America really means something to me,Chevy's all the way, right hear [​IMG]

17. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Yeah,the porsche is a really fun car.I do get stopped more in it than in other cars,even when I'm not speeding.The cops kind of pick on it.You want to get pulled over and searched,just drive a porsche.The windshield got cracked and it's needing a new paint job so I'm fixing it back up.But it still runs good.I've drove it on the I-44 a few times going to OKC and it really makes for a quick trip.But the most fun is when I take down into north Arkansas on them little windy roads they have there.The roads twist around like a snake and it is unbelievable how the car handles.

18. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

thanks, and yeah- i fabbed everything you see there-turbo manifolds, intake manifolds, air to water intercooler.
    matter of fact-one of my customers goes to WYOTECH...
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4247098

yeah-if i had the $$$ i would be racing an EVO. not yet, maybe in another couple of years

19. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

There is no replacement for displacement.

20. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

haha, you havent heard i take it...

"forced induction is the replacement for displacement" ;)