1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Best Muscle Cars!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hells Bells, Feb 26, 2009.

1. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

lol I know that guy in the pic he is my friend we started at the same time we were in the same class for 3month he is a good guy.

2. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

Have to agree with rallyracer on forced induction.But I like big engines too.But for running down the road I'd rather have the lighter weight in the front and better weight distribution.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  3. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

HellsBells,I just noticed you were in Oklahoma,have you ever been down to OklahomaForeign.They usually got some good deals there,that's where I buy parts when I need them.

4. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

I would have to go with C6 ZO6 throw on A centrifugal superchager better suspesion . it comes with a dry sump oil system 7 liter 427ci V8 that revs to 7grand and weighs 3130lb. To me its the best muscle car to date. :D

5. bulldog426

bulldog426 Big Dog

i'm a mopar guy myself, but i like all old school muscle cars, i think they're cool, most guys my age are 4banger guys. i have a 440 big block i'm putting together, was thinking about putting in in a 72 charger, but my 01 dodge pickup tranny is acting kinda funny so i may put the 440 in it, instead of dumping 2 grand into a tranny. but some of my favorite muscle cars are, a 70 plymouth roadrunner or gtx 70 challenger r/t. 71 cuda. 70 challenger t/a. shelby gt500 ooo000oohhh i want one so bad.... boss 429 rustang.... vette stingray, 427 of course.... 69 camaro ss.... 65 gto... the list goes on and on....

6. Hardhead

Hardhead Big Dog

I'm a diesel performance guy myself...I'll take a 7000lb+ truck that runs 11 in the 1/4 anyday. I do like that MKIII Jetta though.

7. WWII

WWII Banned

1969 Camaro SS

8. showdawgs

showdawgs Pup

A 1964 Valiant with a 440 wedge, called the Krankenstein oh yeah!!

9. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

Totally off topic but the world record holder Ultima GTR720 for the following:

0-60mph 2.6 secs World Record
    0-100mph 5.3 secs World Record
    0-150mph 11.8 secs World Record
    30-70mph 1.8 secs World Record
    0-100mph-0 9.4 secs World Record
    100mph-0 braking 3.6 secs World Record
    Standing ΒΌ mile 9.9secs @143mph World Record
    Top Speed 231mph (gearing limited)
    Skidpad (200ft) 1.176g World Record

A future attempt at the Nurburgring lap time will be made. The first attempt was rained out. Projected World Record lap time - sub 6 min 55 sec

Uses a natural induction chevy 406 c.i. V-8. Granted the engine is in the back but the engine deffinatly gets the job done. On a side note I love forced induction and if all goes well will own an Ultima one day with a V-8 turbo charged Nelson Racing engine in it.

I

10. BishopBullyZ13

BishopBullyZ13 Big Dog

i've got a 67 GTA mustang with 289....and 84hatchback with a 302 and a 79notchback (v6)

11. art_2310

art_2310 Pup

dam straight!! that is why i put a small block 350 in my desert truck. 22re wasn't cutting it. went from 100 hp to 300! i wanna supercharge it now. and for muscle cars it's all about 1966 dodge coronet with a 440. neighbor had one and i was one jealous dude!! the most fun car/truck i have had is definately my dezert truck. 20" front wheel travel, 26" rear travel takes the whoops awesome!

12. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

some light reading...

When it comes to automotive engines, there is an old saying "There is no replacement for displacement." While, I feel that for the most part this statement is true, modern day technology has found ways to deal with this.

A quick look around on many foreign car manufacturer's web sites and you will find that many cars, even performance oriented versions, are coming with 4 and 6 cylinder engines with displacements well under 200 cubic inches. In the 60's and 70's, any performance car would contain an 8 cylinder with a displacement as high as 500 cubic inches. The reason car manufacturers are able to do this are the insane advancements in technology. Things such as overhead camshafts with variable valve timing, 4 and even 5 valve per cylinder, cylinder heads, electronic fuel injection and forced induction are making this all possible. Some of these technologies have been around for a while, but they are just now being fully utilized by the OEM market. Two good examples of amazing technology include the Honda S2000 and the Mitsubishi Evolution VIII. The Honda S2000 makes 240 horse power naturally aspirated out of only 2.0L. That is the most horse power per liter, naturally aspirated, ever produced in a production engine, and this car can be driven on a daily basis back and forth to work with Honda reliability and decent fuel economy. The Mitsubishi Evolution has models ranging from the base 276 horse power model up to a European only model that has 400 horse power. This is done through a turbocharged 2.0L four cylinder. That means this car can make 400 horse power, with only 122 cubic inches. Back in the 60's it was quite an accomplishment to be able to match your horse power with your cubic inch numbers, the Evolution more than triples it.

I do feel that this technology could be put forth in larger displacement engines and do insane things, which supports the comment of "there is no replacement for displacement." On the other hand, who needs 400 cubic inches when John Shephard is making nearly 1200 horse power out of a 122 cubic inch Mitsubishi engine and General Motors has a factory based program making nearly 1200 horse power out of their 122 cubic inch Ecotec motor that can be found in Cavaliers and SunFires.

13. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

This is obviously FI not NI correct?

14. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

correct, forced induction, not naturaly aspirated in that instance

15. Hardhead

Hardhead Big Dog

John Sheperds DSM is just insane.

16. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

I am not denying that John Shepards talon is pretty amazing but you can't really use his car as an example. I mean come on it has a hundered shot of nitrous and runs on methane! You can call that a "daily driver" but in reality it isn't. Also do you honestly think he doesn't have to keep rebuilding that engine. I mean even the S2000 engine has to wind up to 12 grand to get the HP it puts out.

If you want a really high hp engine you have to go bigger period. I can buy a nelson racing engine that runs on PUMP GAS 91 octane putting out 1200 Hp and 1300 ft/lbs and you can actually use as a daily driver. Same 406 c.i. like the ultima engine but turbo charged.

17. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

ok, i will give you another example. my VW.
    it came from the factory w/ a blistering 90whp 2.0liter 8valve . it is an economy car-no one denies that.
    i put down 300whp w/ mine (more than tripled the factory output) and STILL get 25mpg. its a budget build (as i make almost all the parts) and whats even better? that very motor is going into its 4th chassis.
    if i wanted to get spendy with it, i could put down about 450whp with it. but that is useless in a f/fwd configuration.

18. BostonBully

BostonBully Top Dog

True my friend put 40k into the engine of his civic hatchback and put down 500hp to the wheels. Big waste of money because when he hit the gas even with slicks he would spin. That would be totally useless for you because you obviously don't run slicks doing rally so you would really be screwed.

19. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

That's what I like about the little turbo engines.Bolt on horsepower while still maintaing some economy.My porsche gets 25 mpg maybe a hair better if I drive like a grandma.Before I got it I had a '86 IROC Camaro with only a 305 TPI engine,best I could get was 18 mpg and the porsche will eat it alive.My mom has a 2000 Eclipse GT that gets 27 and runs as good as my old IROC did with and it's only a V6.Technology has come along way.I'm sure if someone wanted to they could build a 500 cubic inch engine with all the goodies the 4 bangers have but I'd hate to see the pricetag.

20. Hells Bells

Hells Bells Top Dog

Uhhhh.... are you sure you need to be driving that fast? Anytime a guy I was dating was going to race they dropped me off to watch from a safe distance without endangering me... same with my dad not pushing down the accelerator on his bike.