1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Birdie goes to Kindergarten for Hallowe'en

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by Hoyden, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

The Gremlin decided she wanted to wear her armor for the Hallowe'en party and parade at school, so I dressed Birdie in her Jester Collars so she would be in costume too, then we were off to Kindergarten.

The kids LOVED Birdie and so did the Gremlin's teacher, Mrs. Castro. She had the kids sit on the rug so they could visit with Birdie for a few minutes before they had to start getting ready for the parade.

[​IMG]
    Giving kisses to one of Gremlin's friends.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Can you see her in here??

[​IMG]
    Flaked out and enjoying the attention.

[​IMG]
    She could have cared less when another teacher and his "internet dating costume" came in to say Hi..

[​IMG]
    Part of the parade of Kingergarten, first, second and third graders we joined.

[​IMG]
    The little girl that Birdie is kissing in the first picture just loved Birdie.

The kids and class mothers really enjoyed having her in the classroom. Mrs. Castro invited us to come back often.

And the best part? A little girl with downs syndrome who was petrified of Birdie when we first came in to the class finally warmed up to her. By the end of the day, she was holding Birdie's leash, petting her and feeding her cookies! Birdie was so patient and calm with her she kept saying "Take home" and pointing to Birdie.

1 person likes this.
  2. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Awww, that's wonderful! Birdie is such a pretty girl! Looks like fun was had by all!

3. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Your Birdie is so beautiful......Outside and inside...Good Job H

4. simms

simms CH Dog

What a good girl!

5. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

Great pics. It's good to see all the kids around birdie!
    It's great that the teacher let you bring birdie-- some teachers would have been like"omg-you can't bring a PITBULL to class--
    Really great that he had an open mind and let the kids see how great your dog is!

6. semo

semo Top Dog

^^^^^^^^^good Dog

7. Verderben

Verderben CH Dog

That is great! Birdie is SUCH a GOOD girl !

8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Great pics! And I must state once again that The Gremlin is absolutely adorable! And quite the girlie in charge might I add. ;)

9. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

Birdie is so cute!

10. Dirty3rd

Dirty3rd Big Dog

Good pics. Also props to you and Birdie for representing the breed well and educating the public. Good job!!

11. squirt07

squirt07 Big Dog

The whole thing is the coolest thing ever.

12. Attila

Attila Guest

That Gremlin is so cute. Birdie is a good dog. All of mine love kids too. Love the collar too.

13. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

What a pretty girl & a good doggie. Looks like she had fun.

14. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I LOVE your signature "Choosy Moms choose Pits" That needs to be a T-shirt!

Actually Mrs. Castro was really cool. She told the kids that Birdie was a helper dog and we explained that the Green Patch meant it was okay to pet her if you asked and the Red patch meant Do Not Disturb, the dog is working.

She told the kids that Birdie is an American Pit Bull Terrier and the kids admired how shiny, soft and beautiful her coat was, how strong and muscular she is, how smart she is etc.

The principal even commented that she was a wonderful dog and asked me to bring her back to visit.

15. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Adorable is a defense mechanism so she survives, else who knows how far she would push us.

And yes, the Gremlin is totally in charge! The gym teacher told me during school conferences last week that Cailin is one of the smallest and youngest Kindergartener's, but she is clearly the toughest and one of the strongest.

After looking through a bunch of my pictures, my cousin, the one who is a Military Working Dog trainer, commented that when she has the leash in her hand, her eyes are always on the dog and it's clear she is paying attention to the dog and what the dog is doing.

Miss Conduct likes this.
  16. Suki

Suki Guest

GREAT pics and looks like Birdie was a huge sucess at bringing some positive attention to this breed.:)

...just gutta luv that![​IMG][​IMG]

17. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

That is absolutley great! They both look adorable, and that is such a great positive image for our dogs. Thank you so much!

Some questions, my oldest male i think would be excellent for visiting the schools/hospitals. He knows exactly how to act around different types of people. But, i am curious on what is required to become a therapy dog?

Like most bulldogs, he is great with all humans, but he most def. does NOT do well with other dogs. He wouldnt be a screaming banshee if he saw one - he quietly stares - but if one comes close enough, they are all his.

Do they require them to be non-dog aggressive i guess is my question.

18. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

That's so cute!!! LOL what fun!!!