1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Birdie's Hallowe'en Gargoyle Costume

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Hoyden, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

I had to try to make the gargolye costume I saw earlier this month for Birdie to wear when we out begging.

[​IMG]
    The Gremlin as a "Death Knight".

[​IMG]
    Death Knight and her consort, the Gargoyle

[​IMG]
    Ready to go!

[​IMG]
    Are we leaving YET????

After we came back from begging......

[​IMG]
    Can I have some of that Dad?? I had to come back home and get Birdie her own bucket for goodies! She got snausages, jumbones, a huge bacon beggin' strip, bunches of milkbones, dentabones, a ball and a piece of steak!

[​IMG]
    Begging for Candy! Those wings almost look like they belong there!!

[​IMG]

Our neighbors LOVED the costumes on Gremlin & Birdie and so did all the kids.

I have to say that I was really proud of Birdie. She sat on the walkway below the bottom step and waited patiently for the Gremlin to come down the steps. She ignored dogs that barked at her and didn't even try to chase the obnoxious cat even though I know she really wanted to. (She didn't have her vest on so she knew she was "off duty".)

And she ignored the jackass kids that tried to scare her by jumping out from behind bushes at us. Although the Gremlin couldn't keep her mouth shut and decided to taunt them.

2. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Awww!! Madd cute, i love it :)

EDIT- i was going to take Roxy out with us to go trick or treated but it never happened :(

3. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

Wow, the costumes are great!! And of course I always read your posts to hear about Birdie and Gremlin...I think they are the best!!

4. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

that is too cute -- what a great looking pair!
    adorable

5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Great costumes! But I must ask: since when do gargoyles get their nails painted? :D

6. LegendsMami

LegendsMami Top Dog

I love the costumes! Mia I was going to say the same thing! lol:)

7. kane85

kane85 Top Dog

that a good costume gotta love those wings.

8. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

OMG that is the best....you have one hell of a cute pair there Hoyden. I can't imagine that costume on Lilly..yea right we'd be back at the surgeon for sure....LOL

9. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Both of them look GREAT! I love the costumes

10. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Absolutely Adorable!

11. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Damn! I got silver sparkly polish for her, but get a chance to change it out so she'd match.

12. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

The funny thing is that Birdie actually LIKES wearing the wings. It is absolutely hysterical to see her prance and trot around with them on because they bounce and flap and so do her ears.

13. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

The Gremlin's armor is leather with play chainmaille underneath. It's what she wears to the Renaissance Faire.

Birdie's wings are made of a coat hanger, duct tape and zip ties with less than 1/2 yard of fabric attached to a harness. They took about an hour to make including drafting the wing pattern.

14. missybee16

missybee16 CH Dog

Both of them, too cute!!

15. Attila

Attila Guest

I love that kid. She is so adorable. So full of character. Born Embasador. I never seen a dog with painted nails before that is neat. I don't reckon it would do much good out here on the farm or out hunting though. lol I got redneck dogs. lol

16. Hoyden

Hoyden Top Dog

Fingernail polish with sparkles stays put. period.

Birdie likes to dig under the dog house, I think she's building a basement for it. Mark and our friend Jeremy take her on long romps through the woods. She comes home filthy, smelly, wet, worn out and still has sparkly toe polish on. LOL

17. Attila

Attila Guest

That is cool. I know that stuff is fairly tough. I use that floresant stuff on my sights to make the stand out better for shooting.

18. Nancy

Nancy Big Dog

I love the costumes, both are adorable!!! :)

19. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

How cute are they! I think the pink nails really bring out the color of her wings...LOL!

20. laurenmichelle

laurenmichelle Big Dog

Great costumes!! They both look GREAT!!