1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

bitch wont go into season

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by gman, Nov 8, 2011.

1. gman

gman Pup

Hi All,

I have 2 year old female that I want to breed but she only went into season at 9months and never again. She was supposed to go into season again recently but nothing happened.

The vet has prescribed some sort of treatment she can go but I've heard some negative things about putting bitches on those treatments to get them into season.

Any advise , preferable without any meds or roids!

Thanks

2. Re: bitch wont go into season..................

Deffinately dont use the medications, alot of times it screws your dog up for the rest of its life. Bring another bitch around her that is in heat keep them in kennels or chains near each other. They will eventually be on the same cycle. Also work the shit out of her put her on a slatmill, get out and hand walk her change her routine up and this will also throw her into heat. Best of luck buddy!

3. ATEXAN

ATEXAN Big Dog

Re: bitch wont go into season..................

A diet higher in fat and lower on the protein levels, will help her to come in.

4. Nash

Nash Big Dog

I wouldn't use any treatment either. What OT said i've heard also, get another bitch that's in heat near to her.
    I would not work her anything more than healthy.

Best thing to do is taking care of her the best you can and hope she comes in heat. They mostly do !

5. skratchr81

skratchr81 Big Dog

listen to this guy. i usually get a lil of another gyps blood on a rag and tie it to the kennel where the bitch i want to come in can smell it

6. Re: bitch wont go into season..................

Or hook her for a show and 1 week out she is guaranreed to come in happens to me everytime. Ha ha ha......

7. Re: bitch wont go into season..................

This was going to be my suggestion. Keeping a bitch nicely conditioned or too lean will keep them from coming in.

Ain't that the truth LMAO!

8. sy82nj

sy82nj Top Dog

i had a older bitch that i bought had 2 litters for the 1st owner and 1 for the 2nd. he tried to or 2 more times to breed but nothing. however i got her to come into a healthy heat. here my formula douche her out to clears any bacteria maybe some pencillin too. add plain yogurt to her feed. and walk her too

9. Re: bitch wont go into season..................

I had an Heinzl gyp that wouldn't come in,we ran blood work and found she had a weak thyroid,2 weeks after going on meds she came in,not to say this is what's up, it just happened that way for me.Oh yeah ,never got a live pup out of her anyway.Best of luck.

10. D Game Butcher

D Game Butcher Big Dog

If you go to walmart in the medicine section, ask where they have Geritol and tonic. Administer 1 cc per 10 lbs of dog orally once a day for three days. She will come into heat, and she will be absolutely fine afterwards.

11. PurePit19

PurePit19 CH Dog

Ding ding..... This works, I used it on one of my bitches a couple years ago. You don't even need the tonic, the Geritol by itself should work. You can get It at cvs, walmart or walgreens. Good luck, TSK.

12. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

what exactly does it do for the gyp ?

nmdogs

13. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

What ot and At say's..all-ways worked 4 me..........:dogstare:

14. roughline

roughline Pup

@ D Game Butcher, I have a female that I'm trying to get to come in heat and I was wondering, do I give her 1cc per 10 pounds of genitol and 1cc per 10 pounds of tonic? Or how much of each do I administer?

15. old goat

old goat CH Dog

how old is the bitch your trying to bring in ?

16. TDK

TDK CH Dog Staff Member

I've always used baytril, which in human form is cipro, in order to help rid any bacterial nuisance which may interfere with the heat trigger. I always try this for a couple of weeks before any other so-called inducements. I also lower the protein level of her feed for awhile, as that is one nutritional way which might help.
    If and when you find it necessary to try other means, Breed Heat as well as many other mild, safe products are always available if you search them out. Be patient. The baytril and protein lessening has worked for me on occasion. Best of luck.

17. bianchi

bianchi Pup

does geritol complete do the same as tonic ? whats the difference ?

18. SVKNLS

SVKNLS Pup

Give her boost of iron among other things females often are lacking. It works if she is having trouble with certain nutrients. I've done it to one of mine that hadn't had a visible heat in two yrs. Two weeks after I started using she came in strong heat.

19. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

Just because a dog comes in heat doesnt mean it should be bred. And for some her not coming into heat is her way of telling you that she know she shouldnt be bred. Just foolin with you guys, I'd listen to TDK for sure as well.

20. stclair

stclair Pup

Hi I has a remake that www always late..so what I did was put her in another remake spot that was in heat as well and keep.a male next to her .he will Drive her to it,Bécquer she want to be Bread....stclair