1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Bitches first heat cycle

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by kalenhcc, Feb 7, 2013.

1. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

I have a bitch that is going into heat for her first time. I won't be breeding this cycle but was wondering if it would be safe to breed her second cycle? She is 7 months right now and should be over a year by her next cycle would that be to early?

2. old goat

old goat CH Dog

let your pup grow up first .

3. eliblood98

eliblood98 Banned

i usally breed my 2-3 but if shes only gonna be 14 months naw wait till shes about 2-2 1/2

4. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

That is really up to you. It's your dog. Ehat are you looking to get from breeding her so young may I ask?

5. cam08

cam08 Banned

all up to you, i personally wouldnt but hey maybe the greatest producer of alltime was breed her 2nd cycle (honeybunch

6. F.D.

F.D. Top Dog

I had a vet tell me that 18 months is the youngest, but that 2+ years is the best. This gives the bitch time to grow completely before causing the stress of pregnancy. This is the opinion of one vet though, so do your research.

7. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

let here prove she worth breeding first. don't really sound like your concerned with quality anyway. might as well just stick her now.

8. Epona

Epona Banned

sure first get your bitches oil checked, than breed her if she is worth feed & breed

9. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Its not unsafe to breed a young dog, jus not sure what the point is. How do u know she is worth breeding when you haven't even seen the finished product yet

10. feastodg

feastodg Big Dog

Would you let your daughter breed on her first heat?

11. Epona

Epona Banned

Is your Gyp your Daughter?

12. Lmmfao y'all are silly , but I agree with Ben

13. therealjudge

therealjudge CH Dog

there are a lot of fuckin stupid people posting on here

14. RJ1

RJ1 Pup

It doesn't matter if its a females first or third heat. What I am saying is not all dogs have regular heats I've seen females that came in heat at 2-3 years old for the first time. Rule of thumb is make sure she's worth breeding first but ultimately you're going to do what you want so the question you asked is almost pointless.

15. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

You can breed a dog on it's first heat. I wouldnt but it is done. Dogs and people are 2 different subjects when it comes to reproduction. Thats like comparing apples to potatoes. Wolves do not wait until the female has had a few cycles before the alpha breeds, ( neither does any other wild animal), they start as soon as the bitch comes estrus. Its not a very ethical thing to do but it can and is done all the time. Im not saying go.out and breed your pup either just stating a fact in a thread filled with misinformation. Let that bitch prove shes worth breeding is a better more ethical way to go about breeding her...

16. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

Thanks for the advice and I plan to wait until I know she will be worth it.